• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Flyers @ Devils 7pm

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst two points ever

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the Flyers were not explosive, they played smart and Emery was awesome in goal especially on the last 3 PPs by NJ. I'll take the win.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not deserved, but man are the Devils bad.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree awas. 0-5 on the PP and not one goal scored at home by NJ. Nice road win by the Flyers and that is a tiny step in the right direction especially Emery's goaltending!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Flyer fans, very dramatic turnaround from the Caps game. Great win and very important for the team IMO.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers get the shutout win! Razor makes just 14 saves, but a nice defensive effort by the Flyers - liked what I saw from Hal Gill and Andrej Meszaros

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some days are like that, Doobee.

True, I always feel like a shmuck going against my team only to have them prove me wrong, but I think I had good reasons to doubt them. We were starting an AHL goalie who got lit up his previous 2 starts.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice defensive showing a wins a win much needed. Great game from Emery and Couts. PK fantastic. PP looked better but still no luck. Will be nice to have Vinny back Tue.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the overall offense and power play were just terrible for me, but that's expected when you lose Lecavalier/Downie and have to re-shuffle the entire deck (in addition to the slumping we already have). The one goal we did score was a nice one. We can learn a lot from it.

Defensively, I think we've taken heat all season long for terrible third periods and despite two or three solid chances for the Devils to tie it, we locked it down late in that period and also killed off a few critical power plays to seal the two points.

Overall a decent effort, but there's still a lot of work to be done at both ends of the ice, especially on the power play and at times in defensive coverage (or lack thereof) by our forwards. The compete level and desperation just aren't quite always up to par either.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Maverick. Emery really had a great game in goal especially late when we faced a number of PP by NJ in a row and he shut down a lot of shots. It alos helped that NJ sucked with their PP going ofer 5.

I was pleasantly surprised and I hope he continues the good defensive play he demonstrated last night. In the meantime, the offense has to get going and everyone including the announcers were saying the same. Tiny steps to hopefully recover from a krappy star of the season.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went into the game... thinking were gonna get a beat down as the team was in free fall.

Gotta say that I am impressed they put together a decent effort, but the Devils were just horrible on offense.

Some interesting notes about the game... The Prudential center was very nice, and clean staff was friendly. They had the Devils dance team greeted you as you came into the stadium at the top of the escalators. The lower levels of the Prudential center was empty... my god, the place isn't even that big and on a saturday evening game they couldn't sell it out! The devils fans are quiet minus the 'noise making section' where they had some dude hammering on a cow bell and another person harping on a vuvuzela.

Flyers could take note from the Devils and put out their own dance team... especially if their gonna keep getting blown out at home. 2012-2013 Devils Dancers - New Jersey Devils - Fan Zone

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went into the game... thinking were gonna get a beat down as the team was in free fall.

Gotta say that I am impressed they put together a decent effort, but the Devils were just horrible on offense.

Some interesting notes about the game... The Prudential center was very nice, and clean staff was friendly. They had the Devils dance team greeted you as you came into the stadium at the top of the escalators. The lower levels of the Prudential center was empty... my god, the place isn't even that big and on a saturday evening game they couldn't sell it out! The devils fans are quiet minus the 'noise making section' where they had some dude hammering on a cow bell and another person harping on a vuvuzela.

Flyers could take note from the Devils and put out their own dance team... especially if their gonna keep getting blown out at home. 2012-2013 Devils Dancers - New Jersey Devils - Fan Zone

Flyers have the girls that go out and scrape the ice but they're not that good - there are some hot Ice Crews/cheerleaders in the NHL though

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers have the girls that go out and scrape the ice but they're not that good - there are some hot Ice Crews/cheerleaders in the NHL though

They have had the ice crew girls for a while.. however they don't seem of legal age to be at a bar.

:suds:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an ice girl in Calgary that used to hike up her skirt so high you could see her snapper when she bent and turned with the shovel....it was something to see. Players used to chuckle I'm sure most banged her...