• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FLORIDA vs vandy

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Florida's QB really makes me appreciate Tommy Rees.

24-3...

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first step is to fire Jeremy Foley. Spurrier fucking hated the guy and said outright he wouldn't return after the NFL unless Foley was gone. Since then, the only thing the guy has done right is hire Ron Zook to get two Nattys worth of recruiting. Foley started in the ticket office and that's where he should return.

I know. He’s done some very good things during his time, but he will go down with that Spurrier anchor around his neck as far as I’m concerned. You can’t piss off “The Man’, that shit just ain’t right.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just start over and pretend Muschamp never happened:

Possible Candidates for the Head Coaching Position | Gator Tailgating

Charlie Strong - Why is no one putting Charlie's name out there? If this had happened two weeks ago he would have been a shoo-in. He knows the program Urban ran, is a longtime Gator and the maybe the best recruiter in the Nation. I know he took the Louisville job, but he is currently still coaching the Gators. He would keep our potential number one recruiting class in place and even make it better. I think Foley needs to make Charlie the number one target, he is the only guy who can insure we succeed in the future AND next year. . However from his perspective he has just signed with Louisville, a school that has finally showed confidence in him after so many half-hearted interviews. He may want to forge his own legacy, but no brainer if he wants the job.

Will Muschamp- Muschamp might make more sense than any other candidate without Gator ties. His coach in waiting status isn't looking so good since Mack Brown looks entrenched for awhile at Texas. He is an SEC guy and a brilliant defensive mind and recruiter. He is also young and ready to be a head coach. He wouldn't be a bad hire at all, but maybe he isn't the offensive mind the Gators need.

Bob Stoops- This is the name flying around the most out there. Stoops has huge Gator ties and people in Gainesville would love him to be the new head coach. However Stoops has turned down a number of jobs including the Florida job a few years back. Of course if he was willing to accept the job, Foley would give him the keys, but would he leave what he has and the relationships he has made in Oklahoma?

Gruden, Dungy, Shanahan- These retired NFL coaches names have been floating around, but I don't see any of these happening. Gruden and Shanahan seem like they are better suited for the NFL and Dungy seems very well retired. However any of these could get potentially get the job done. Gruden's personality, Shanahan's football mind and Dungy's influence on players could all help ensure great things continue at UF.

Kyle Whittingham- The Utah coach is a Meyer disciple and maybe the most like Meyer of anyone out there. He would coach in a similar fashion to Meyer and Meyer could probably have the most influence on him. But it would mean some probable rebuilding years and I just can't see Foley going for Whittingham unless the bigger fish aren't biting.

Dan Mullen- While he is starting to establish things at Mississippi State, he certainly wouldn't turn down such a significant upgrade in pay and resources. Mullen has the offensive mind the program needs and the experience in the program that can allow him to succeed. He is also another guy that could pull together this recruiting class. Mullen also has a good relationship with Meyer, but again will he want to avoid the shadow?

There are a few guys who also deserve to be looked at like Turner Gill, Skip Holtz, Randy Shannon, Chip Kelly and others. Maybe even Addazio or the recently departed Gonzales deserve a look, but all out long shots.

If he wants to take the job the Gators need to hire Charlie Strong.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what do you have against Leach? The dude is another Spurrier ( in Steve’s heyday ) in terms of his offensive prowess in my eyes.

not just leach your whole statement. muschamp is coming back, and he better pray his team stays healthy and has success.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gators find the end zone and are just down 2 scores now.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not just leach your whole statement. muschamp is coming back, and he better pray his team stays healthy and has success.

Muschamp is out of his league. Literally.

He’s not a worthy head coach. You like the way he manages the game from behind? Eat clock with the dive play over and over and over and over and over and over and over................... all the while being down by 2 or 3 touchdowns? Where the hell do they teach that in coaching school?

He coaches like he has special needs.

Fuck him and his entire staff. It’s time for the douche. Cultural cleansing time.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, The state of Tennessee will get to rejoice in only one of its FBS teams winning today, UT is getting throttled by Auburn.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muschamp is out of his league. Literally.

He’s not a worthy head coach. You like the way he manages the game from behind? Eat clock with the dive play over and over and over and over and over and over and over................... all the while being down by 2 or 3 touchdowns? Where the hell do they teach that in coaching school?

He coaches like he has special needs.

Fuck him and his entire staff. It’s time for the douche. Cultural cleansing time.

I have to agree. Don't really wanna sit here and bitch but there's not an OC problem or a recruiting problem...there's a management problem. That's the prescription for sliding into mediocrity for a long time.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Strong would be a mistake by Florida.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree. Don't really wanna sit here and bitch but there's not an OC problem or a recruiting problem...there's a management problem. That's the prescription for sliding into mediocrity for a long time.

I thought our defense would keep us in enough games to win some, but it’s so so obvious they can’t do it. Our offense is so inept. And I think the D finally realized it last week and they’ve probably mailed it in at this point. It’s so demoralizing to go out week after week and shut down good offenses, only to have your ass handed to you before halftime.

I don’t care what anyone says, this is a HC changing moment. This is textbook. He looks completely and utterly helpless and alone. He doesn’t know what decisions to make. He’s hesitant. Can’t manage the clock. Didn’t even see the talent in Kelvin Taylor after his awesome game against LSU until a couple of games later.............. yeah, let’s give him a nice one way ticket back to Austin.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not going to Google it, but seriously has Vandy ever put 30+ on UF? On anyone?

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Strong would be a mistake by Florida.

He has a lot of positives swirling around him, namely recruiting. He’s done a hell of a job in Louisville. But something in me agrees with you, I just don’t know if he’s the one. We need an evil-genius offensive coordinator that draws up plays on napkins every waking moment of his life, and is totally immersed and obsessed with it. Who is that guy nowadays?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a lot of positives swirling around him, namely recruiting. He’s done a hell of a job in Louisville. But something in me agrees with you, I just don’t know if he’s the one. We need an evil-genius offensive coordinator that draws up plays on napkins every waking moment of his life, and is totally immersed and obsessed with it. Who is that guy nowadays?

I feel like Strong is similar to Muschamp. You will get a defense, but your offense will suffer. I think florida needs that offensive power rather then their D. Even during Florida's high flying days of Spurrier they always had the athletes on D to be good enough to stop teams.

Go for an offensive coach.