• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida State Board of Trustees to have a Meeting on Friday to Discuss their Place in the ACC... Are they Leaving the ACC Already?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

Suck It 4Th Of July GIF

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow college football that much, at least not like most of you. I think Florida state got fucked.

Why can Clemson get into the playoffs out of the acc but florida state can't? Schedules that much different?

Someone please explain it to me.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow college football that much, at least not like most of you. I think Florida state got fucked.

Why can Clemson get into the playoffs out of the acc but florida state can't? Schedules that much different?

Well the short answer is, SEC bias.

But Florida State lost their starting QB a few weeks before the end of the season, and they didn't look nearly as good with the backups. If that had ever happened to Clemson, they might have gotten shafted, too.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clemson is in the playoffs?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU is delusional.
Where the hell are they going to go?

Florida, Georgia, and Alabama would immediately veto the SEC move. Florida and Georgia would especially be vocal against them.
They add ZERO tv markets that are not already saturated.

The Big 10 has 18 teams already. They are in no rush to expand. They have to get a few years of the new configuration settled.
The academics and lack of AAU status for FSU (no matter how much US NEWS manipulation in the last 10 years) is not Big 10 worthy.
They almost kicked Nebraska out when the Huskers lost their AAU status.....they are not adding a non AAU member.

So that leaves the Big 12 or independent status??
Both are less money and nothing more than a lateral move for them.

The ACC should take their 150 million and tell them "good luck" then immediately give it to Notre Dame.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the short answer is, SEC bias.

But Florida State lost their starting QB a few weeks before the end of the season, and they didn't look nearly as good with the backups. If that had ever happened to Clemson, they might have gotten shafted, too.
So the powers that be voted on how they might do and not on what they had done.

So it's all bullshit like I suspected.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eons ago, Bobby Bowden vetoed any move to the SEC. Memories are long.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their legal arguments are laughably weak.
They have no new home offers.
This is just some embarasing ploy to get the ACC to cave and give them unequal distribution.

The ACC should tell them:
"Fuck off! We are not giving you another penny."
"We just added Cal, Stanford, and SMU. We will be expanding again soon."
"We will use your 150 million to bribe Notre Dame into joining then immediate get a better tv deal
"Have fun in Conference USA!!"

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their legal arguments are laughably weak.
They have no new home offers.
This is just some embarasing ploy to get the ACC to cave and give them unequal distribution.

The ACC should tell them:
"Fuck off! We are not giving you another penny."
"We just added Cal, Stanford, and SMU. We will be expanding again soon."
"We will use your 150 million to bribe Notre Dame into joining then immediate get a better tv deal
"Have fun in Conference USA!!"
Expanding with what? USF? Tulane?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expanding with what? USF? Tulane?

USF would likely be a long term BIG 10 target, since they are AAU school...but that is several years away.
And with Miami (FL) still around, not exactly a good move for the ACC to keep them happy.

Notre Dame is the white whale.
150 million dollars in exit fee gift from Florida State to Notre Dame would do the trick.

But, The ACC can still expand to places like Tulane, Memphis, or UConn right away if they wanted to do so.
Those are TV markets they are not currently in or decent recruiting ground.

Long term, the ACC could always see how things go with CAL/Stanford......and then maybe do a Western push with UNLV, SDSU, CSU, etc

These are not great option.
But, the ACC has options. Florida State has zero fucking options that make any sense.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USF would likely be a long term BIG 10 target, since they are AAU school...but that is several years away.
And with Miami (FL) still around, not exactly a good move for the ACC to keep them happy.

Notre Dame is the white whale.
150 million dollars in exit fee gift from Florida State to Notre Dame would do the trick.

But, The ACC can still expand to places like Tulane, Memphis, or UConn right away if they wanted to do so.
Those are TV markets they are not currently in or decent recruiting ground.

Long term, the ACC could always see how things go with CAL/Stanford......and then maybe do a Western push with UNLV, SDSU, CSU, etc

These are not great option.
But, the ACC has options. Florida State has zero fucking options that make any sense.
The ACC considering USF and adding SMU tells me they have no serious options. If anything you got it backwards.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the powers that be voted on how they might do and not on what they had done.

So it's all bullshit like I suspected.
Yeah, pretty much.

Perfect world, it would be Michigan, Washington, Texas, FSU. I mean, every year of the playoffs there's at least one and usually two games that are shit anyway. Let FSU get embarrassed. they've earned the right.