• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida is the 1st to allow athletes to sign endorsement deals

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean if im a business owner am i really gonna sign a kid who will be gone in a few years who may or may not turn out to be good?
If they are a very active booster as well as business owner, hell yeah they will.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'

I know Nebraska already has a plan for just about every athlete.

Yeah, by asking them the most important question, what the hell are they doing there?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think it is way overblown.. Now doesn't mean a school like Miami won't go crazy paying a lot of money for players that the staff says are must gets.. but what happens when those players don't live up to expectations.. they gonna take the word of the staff saying "Now he's a for sure thing??"?

I think if anything this will set up skill position players for long term financial gain. Sam Ehlinger would make a lot of money that then could continue with his successor. Throwing money at 25 kids a year at an auction isn't viable long term

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say it's probably more in the thousands, especially if there's some deal later on with something like an NCAA Football game where every single athlete could profit if they put them in the game. You hear about boosters at some schools giving kids stuff, down to kickers. So I think some will REALLY benefit from this and some will just only slightly benefit from this. I doubt at most major schools many kids see absolutely nothing from this.

I can see that. And some of the numbers in terms of money they could get is stunning. I read an article that an incoming freshman going to play women's basketball at UConn could be worth about 600K just through her social media accounts alone.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just doesnt atm like a good investment.
I agree. But you and I don't think like they do. Those folks have already made their money with good investments. This is the money they don't mind taking a risk/wasting as long as it can help them land a big time recruit that gives their beloved alma mater an advantage.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that none of that money will be coming from schools right? lol
Of course "lol":scratch:

But now that they are earning income, they fall under penalty by the NCAA and lose their schollys and or will receive punishment. And, being that they are getting paid to play, they can pay their own way, and the schools can use that money to further their educational experience.

Win-win for everybody.
Thanks for playing

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the hell are you talking about. Schools arent going to be paying players. The players are just allowed to find gigs on their own and hire an agent.
Are you drunk? He did NOT say the schools were going to be paying.
Geezus, you are one stupid mother fucker.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But you and I don't think like they do. Those folks have already made their money with good investments. This is the money they don't mind taking a risk/wasting as long as it can help them land a big time recruit that gives their beloved alma mater an advantage.
thats not how it works. college athletes can make money from endorsements not high school prospects. so you are saying a successful business owner is going to tell a kid if he signs with their school then they could strike a deal for him to endorse whatever product? kid comes in as a freshman and sits behind junior starter for 2 years. then gets hurt and another 5 start comes in and wins the job over him and kid never even plays and the business is ok with the money he lost if that endorsement ever happned or he now has a bad reputation for making promises and not keeping them and the future kids will hear about that.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not how it works. college athletes can make money from endorsements not high school prospects. so you are saying a successful business owner is going to tell a kid if he signs with their school then they could strike a deal for him to endorse whatever product? kid comes in as a freshman and sits behind junior starter for 2 years. then gets hurt and another 5 start comes in and wins the job over him and kid never even plays and the business is ok with the money he lost if that endorsement ever happned or he now has a bad reputation for making promises and not keeping them and the future kids will hear about that.
That's exactly what will happen in the first few years

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think this is already happening?

SMU ring a bell?

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe DR can get an endorsement deal as most Florida players will probably not get any offers … lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean if im a business owner am i really gonna sign a kid who will be gone in a few years who may or may not turn out to be good?
Publix was already paying under the table.

No these kids have to pay taxes. Suckers.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA system is breaking down. That's good because it's untenable and stupid.

The schools should have no say on endorsements and get nothing from them. If they want to maintain control, they can just start enforcing academic standards as they've become thee joke.

Acrux.v2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving an 18-22 yr old kid and his family $100,000's + has the potential to be an amazing train wreck.

Let give kids and family who more often than not come from low-mid class incomes a huge influx of money without any idea how to handle it responsibly. Will be great when suspensions are up for a kid doing something stupid with the money, or his family, friends wanting a piece of the pie. Mo Money, Mo Problems.

They need to put all the earnings into a trust or something that can't be touched until they graduate or leave the university.

I'm curious as to what a brand who would endorse an athlete would do to a contact for said athlete who got X$ then was suspected of r*pe or violence charges like we've seen throughout the years. I don't know how these "social" platforms really work in honesty in respect to someone making money, don't even know if they care if that said athlete above does something stupid and questionable long as it doesn't go against their TOS.

For the record I do believe they in some sense deserve something but I don't discredit the full ride to a major university with all the perks that brings being over looked either. If the argument is the university makes 100's of millions off these kids.. welcome to corporate america. I make a decent salary, but the owners of the company.. make more.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know if I was a semi hotshot recruit, my endorsements or money I can make from my social media while I am going to school would be a MAJOR recruiting factor.

Like my #3 post here, the schools with the largest fan bases will give players the largest social media followings.

Do I want to go to a school in the MAC or a school in the SEC, B1G, Big 12 where you have raid fanbases?

I think how it works, is once your social media reaches some level, then companies want you to promote their product. The companies are then your sponsors. Influencers. Then, when that player breaks the law or does something 18 year olds do because of age stupidity, they get dropped like a rock.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm

I still have 4 years of eligibility...

I wonder if I could get a deal with Depend... ?

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34. Miami claims 55.000 per game over the five year attendance, wow, not believing that at all

Big money booster tickets that are already sold for the next 100 years.