• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Five Weeks later; Thoughts on the 2020 Draft Selections

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Your favorite pick when it was made - Lloyd Cushenberry - we really needed a C and I think he will be solid for a long time. (sorry, Greg)
2. Your favorite pick now - Jeudy. Reading his background - second generation immigrants are very motivated - and seeing more of his highlights I'm super optimistic about his future.
3. Your least favorite pick when it was made - In what sounds paradoxical - Jeudy. I was and am high on Lamb's ceiling and with both of them there, I would have taken Lamb.
4. Your least favorite pick now - Hamler. I get it, he helps out others, but the drop rates concern me. To me he is the highest boom/bust player and 2nd round this year was a rich neighborhood to take that risk.
5. This player will have the best career with the Broncos of all the selections. Ojemudia I went with a long time solid contributor rather than the obvious one on Jeudy.
6. This player will make the most impact ths year. Has to be Jeudy, right?
7. This player will be the surprise contributor this year Muti - hard to believe someone won't be injured
8. This player will be cnsidered a bust in 3 years. Hamler, he's my boom or bust prospect.
9. Regardless of how he plays, this will be your favorite player. Cushenberry - just to irritate Greg ;)
10. You can change ONE pick. You would have taken Ezra Cleveland instead of Hamler.

And this is pretty close I would change my bust player to WR Clevland And he is not a bust in that he plays ST well for us . I am hoping for a great class.

I would not have drafted Hamler either but I think he will be electric all the same .

Ezra Cleveland instead of Hamler. is spot on IMO

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like Lamb better but it was close enough that I am darn happy for what we got.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is pretty close I would change my bust player to WR Clevland And he is not a bust in that he plays ST well for us . I am hoping for a great class.

I would not have drafted Hamler either but I think he will be electric all the same .

Ezra Cleveland instead of Hamler. is spot on IMO

I think a 4th/5th rounder or later is hard to describe as a bust. A disappointment maybe?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy is perfect for our offense. He’s similar to Keenan Allen as far as polished route runner coming out but faster imo. He will open up this offense and cause defensive coordinators fits trying to figure out who to cover. Lamb is kinda similar to what we already have in Sutton, no? I love Jeudy

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy is perfect for our offense. He’s similar to Keenan Allen as far as polished route runner coming out but faster imo. He will open up this offense and cause defensive coordinators fits trying to figure out who to cover. Lamb is kinda similar to what we already have in Sutton, no? I love Jeudy
Really?! I never knew.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Bronco's fan long enough to understand my annual phases. Typically - I become more excited about the players drafted in the ensuing weeks and months after as I get to know them and their attributes. This year is no exception to that rule. Yet - the degree to which I am enthused is much greater this year than in years' past.

What is so very cool - this year - is young QB Lock - is getting a giant upgrade in talent. A treat we have not had as fans seen since the early Elway career will unfold as Lock bonds with his arsenal of talent. If it works - they are set up to be a record setting Bronco offense. I think we are in for a lot of fun and some great memories. On the other side of the line of scrimmage I've got a lot of faith in Fangio's judgement.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Your favorite pick when it was made

Jeudy

2. Your favorite pick now

Jeudy

3. Your least favorite pick when it was made

Ojemudia, but I still liked the pick.

4. Your least favorite pick now

Ojemudia, but again still like the pick.

5. This player will have the best career with the Broncos of all the selections

Agim I think can have a really good chance to develop under Fangio into a really good player.

6. This player will make the most impact ths year

Jeudy and Cushenberry.

7. This player will be the surprise contributor this year

Muti would be the biggest surprise.

8. This player will be cnsidered a bust in 3 years.

I think Hamler has the biggest bust potential, but I hope he doesn't bust.

9. Regardless of how he plays, this will be your favorite player

Ojemudia. He may have been slightly overdrafted, but being on a Fangio defense will give him a very good chance to develop. And CBs are usually my favorite players anyway.

10. You can change ONE pick. You would have taken ______ ______ instead of _______.

Wasn't very familiar with the bottom of the draft so I can't name a specific player, but I may have gone something other than receiver instead of Cleveland late.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing with Cleveland to me. I see some bothered a bit that we took a 3rd WR in Round 7. I would urge those people to look at what you are getting in round 7 as oppose to just taking "a different position", you want to draft value late. I look at Cleveland as a guy who can come in right away and win a role as a gunner on special teams. I haven't seen a gunner that impressed me more in college football then Tyrie Cleveland the past two years. Why take another position just because you took two WR's when you feel a guy can come in Round 7 and fill a role on special teams? Have to also remember a guy like Isaac Yidaom and Devontae Harris were our gunners last year and unlikely both make the team this year, IMO. Why not draft a guy in Round 7 that can fill a role right away and at the same time offers upside with his size/speed. Why take a guy at another position such as OT, ILB that isn't better then what you already have at those spots and won't help you on special teams?

I think with Denver's last two picks they probably were deciding between Cleveland, Derrek Tzuska and Essang Bassey given the undrafted contract they gave Bassey. They were looking at upside player who could possibly come in right away and fill special teams roles oppose to positions like OT which really are one tricky pony's... with limited upside in their opinion. Cleveland was a very smart Round 7 pick, IMO.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add another question

11. Who is the most intriguing pick to you.

without a doubt for me Derrek Tuszka

I can't wait to watch him play!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing with Cleveland to me. I see some bothered a bit that we took a 3rd WR in Round 7. I would urge those people to look at what you are getting in round 7 as oppose to just taking "a different position", you want to draft value late. I look at Cleveland as a guy who can come in right away and win a role as a gunner on special teams. I haven't seen a gunner that impressed me more in college football then Tyrie Cleveland the past two years. Why take another position just because you took two WR's when you feel a guy can come in Round 7 and fill a role on special teams? Have to also remember a guy like Isaac Yidaom and Devontae Harris were our gunners last year and unlikely both make the team this year, IMO. Why not draft a guy in Round 7 that can fill a role right away and at the same time offers upside with his size/speed. Why take a guy at another position such as OT, ILB that isn't better then what you already have at those spots and won't help you on special teams?

I think with Denver's last two picks they probably were deciding between Cleveland, Derrek Tzuska and Essang Bassey given the undrafted contract they gave Bassey. They were looking at upside player who could possibly come in right away and fill special teams roles oppose to positions like OT which really are one tricky pony's... with limited upside in their opinion. Cleveland was a very smart Round 7 pick, IMO.

He was an ST pick it was a good pick and you never know he might develop CB's say he is hard to cover.