• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Five Weeks later; Thoughts on the 2020 Draft Selections

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've now had a month to convince ourselves we had an awesome draft! ;) As a reminder, here were our selections:

Round 1, Jerry Jeudy
Round 2, KJ Hamler
Round 3, Michael Ojemudia
Round 3, Lloyd Cushenberry
Round 3, McTelvin Agim
Round 4, Albert Okwuegbunam
Round 5, Justin Strnad
Round 6, Netane Muti
Round 7, Tyrie Cleveland
Round 7, Derrek Tuszka

Now that you have had time to absorb and read up on the players selected here are 10 questions:
1. Your favorite pick when it was made
2. Your favorite pick now
3. Your least favorite pick when it was made
4. Your least favorite pick now
5. This player will have the best career with the Broncos of all the selections
6. This player will make the most impact ths year
7. This player will be the surprise contributor this year
8. This player will be cnsidered a bust in 3 years.
9. Regardless of how he plays, this will be your favorite player
10. You can change ONE pick. You would have taken ______ ______ instead of _______.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brought to you by two time POTM

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that you have had time to absorb and read up on the players selected here are 10 questions:

Jeudy. Didn't think he was dropping to #15

Juedy. He was my favorite player in the draft at a position of need.

Michael Ojemudia- I like the player and he was the cornerback from the 3rd tier that I liked the best. I just wanted him with the last of our 3rd round picks and liked better player that were available at that spot (OT-Peart, Niang or Burgess the safety from Utah).

Still Ojemudia

Jeudy

6. This player will make the most impact this year
Jeudy followed by Cushenberry.

Albert O. He won't get many receptions, but he already has the trust of Lock in the red zone and he will get 25 receptions with 4 or 5 touchdowns.

8. This player will be considered a bust in 3 years.
I don't know of a bust barring injuries, but Muti with those injuries and remember we got him in the 6th round for a 2nd round talent. Some people might say Hamler because of his size and he had an ACL tear, but he has the talent.

Jeudy The knock on him is that he didn't show like Lamb to catch the 50-50 balls (contested catches). You know why, because he can get open. Not comparing him to Jerry Rice, but how many highlights do you see Jerry jumping over people to make a catch. Not often, didn't need to as he could set-up people with his route running and quickness in and out of his breaks.

10. You can change ONE pick. You would have taken _Matt Peart_____ ______ instead of ___Michael Ojemudia____.
This is one of few drafts that I'm pretty happy with. The biggest surprise was the Hamler pick because I was not expecting back to back WR's, but that pick does make lots of sense. The biggest surprise of the draft still was Scott Porter going undrafted and he's still a free agent.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeudy. Didn't think he was dropping to #15

Juedy. He was my favorite player in the draft at a position of need.

Michael Ojemudia- I like the player and he was the cornerback from the 3rd tier that I liked the best. I just wanted him with the last of our 3rd round picks and liked better player that were available at that spot (OT-Peart, Niang or Burgess the safety from Utah).

Still Ojemudia

Jeudy

6. This player will make the most impact this year
Jeudy followed by Cushenberry.

Albert O. He won't get many receptions, but he already has the trust of Lock in the red zone and he will get 25 receptions with 4 or 5 touchdowns.

8. This player will be considered a bust in 3 years.
I don't know of a bust barring injuries, but Muti with those injuries and remember we got him in the 6th round for a 2nd round talent. Some people might say Hamler because of his size and he had an ACL tear, but he has the talent.

Jeudy The knock on him is that he didn't show like Lamb to catch the 50-50 balls (contested catches). You know why, because he can get open. Not comparing him to Jerry Rice, but how many highlights do you see Jerry jumping over people to make a catch. Not often, didn't need to as he could set-up people with his route running and quickness in and out of his breaks.

10. You can change ONE pick. You would have taken _Matt Peart_____ ______ instead of ___Michael Ojemudia____.
This is one of few drafts that I'm pretty happy with. The biggest surprise was the Hamler pick because I was not expecting back to back WR's, but that pick does make lots of sense. The biggest surprise of the draft still was Scott Porter going undrafted and he's still a free agent.

instead of Matt Peart_ I wanted the Center from Houston But I am fine with, Lloyd Cushenberry He is just fine and will still be one hall of a Center.

Other wise I like you feel the same great wright up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the Center from Houston? Because there was no c from u of Houston worth drafting this year.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No seriously, I predict Jeudy will be a Consistent pro bowl player by year three. He will be elite. You don’t master the nuances of route running without putting in hard work and study. He wants to be the best, and I believe he is miffed that Ruggs went before him. He should be.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Your favorite pick when it was made Judge Jeudy.
2. Your favorite pick now Michael Ojemudia
3. Your least favorite pick when it was made Michael Ojemudia
4. Your least favorite pick now Tyrie Cleveland
5. This player will have the best career with the Broncos of all the selections Jeudy
6. This player will make the most impact ths year Jeudy and Cush
7. This player will be the surprise contributor this year LeVante Bellamy
8. This player will be cnsidered a bust in 3 years. I mean, I'm going all the way to round 6 to find someone who might not be with the team in 3 years, so is a 6th or 7th rounder a bust? I'll say Hamler if he has the drops.
9. Regardless of how he plays, this will be your favorite player Jeudy
10. You can change ONE pick. You would have taken an OT. Any OT.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No seriously, I predict Jeudy will be a Consistent pro bowl player by year three. He will be elite. You don’t master the nuances of route running without putting in hard work and study. He wants to be the best, and I believe he is miffed that Ruggs went before him. He should be.

I agree Ruggs will be good but not as good as Judy. I still like it after the catch with Lam. But you are right route running without putting in hard work that is Jerry Rice type of stuff. let's hope he is better than most projections of him being an Elite #2 WR.

Broncogreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1)Albert Okwuegbunam
2)Netane Muti
3) Lloyd Cushenberry
4) Lloyd Cushenberry
5) Jerry Jeudy
6) Jerry Jeudy
7)Albert Okwuegbunam
8)IMHO they all have a good chance to be good, but if I had to pick one --- Muti
9)You're kidding right ? Regardless of how they play ?
10)Lloyd Cushenberry

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Your favorite pick when it was made Jeudy
2. Your favorite pick now Jeudy
3. Your least favorite pick when it was made Tyrie Cleveland
4. Your least favorite pick now Cleveland
5. This player will have the best career with the Broncos of all the selections Jeudy
6. This player will make the most impact ths year - Hamler
7. This player will be the surprise contributor this year Muti
8. This player will be cnsidered a bust in 3 years. Cleveland
9. Regardless of how he plays, this will be your favorite player - Jeudy
10. You can change ONE pick. You would have taken - an OT

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Your favorite pick when it was made - Lloyd Cushenberry - we really needed a C and I think he will be solid for a long time. (sorry, Greg)
2. Your favorite pick now - Jeudy. Reading his background - second generation immigrants are very motivated - and seeing more of his highlights I'm super optimistic about his future.
3. Your least favorite pick when it was made - In what sounds paradoxical - Jeudy. I was and am high on Lamb's ceiling and with both of them there, I would have taken Lamb.
4. Your least favorite pick now - Hamler. I get it, he helps out others, but the drop rates concern me. To me he is the highest boom/bust player and 2nd round this year was a rich neighborhood to take that risk.
5. This player will have the best career with the Broncos of all the selections. Ojemudia I went with a long time solid contributor rather than the obvious one on Jeudy.
6. This player will make the most impact ths year. Has to be Jeudy, right?
7. This player will be the surprise contributor this year Muti - hard to believe someone won't be injured
8. This player will be cnsidered a bust in 3 years. Hamler, he's my boom or bust prospect.
9. Regardless of how he plays, this will be your favorite player. Cushenberry - just to irritate Greg ;)
10. You can change ONE pick. You would have taken Ezra Cleveland instead of Hamler.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Your favorite pick when it was made - Hamler and Jeudy combo. Love it . Wanted to double dip right out of the gate.
2. Your favorite pick now - See #1
3. Your least favorite pick when it was made - Cleavland.
4. Your least favorite pick now - Cushenberry knowing Denver really wanted Hennessy
5. This player will have the best career with the Broncos of all the selections. Jeudy
6. This player will make the most impact ths year. Jeudy, He will garner extra defense attention than just one CB.
7. This player will be the surprise contributor this year Muti - hard to believe someone won't be injured
8. This player will be considered a bust in 3 years. Muti , he's my boom or bust prospect.
9. Regardless of how he plays, this will be your favorite player. Dont know
10. You can change ONE pick. I would have selected Hennessy at #79 and OJ or Dantzer at #81 in a trade which Denver had in place with NYJ. The trade I believe was for a 5th. Maybe the NFL world saved Elway from himself and Cush will be here a long time.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6. This player will make the most impact ths year
8. This player will be cnsidered a bust in 3 years.
10. You can change ONE pick. You would have taken ______ ______ instead of _______.

1)Albert Okwuegbunam
2)Netane Muti
3) Lloyd Cushenberry
4) Lloyd Cushenberry
5) Jerry Jeudy
6) Jerry Jeudy
7)Albert Okwuegbunam
8)IMHO they all have a good chance to be good, but if I had to pick one --- Muti
9)You're kidding right ? Regardless of how they play ?
10)Lloyd Cushenberry