• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First time ever Texas gets jipped

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people are always so concerned about where Texas is ranked and the state of the program.

What does it matter if we're ranked or not in week 7? We're not going to the NC this year anyway so it doesn't matter. Keep obsessing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iowa state
This. They'd be in the top 20, imo, if they didnt have that stinker win. But that'll get forgotten by the end of the season if they keep on winning

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't think OU is a Top 10 team and neither is ut. Yer boys will probably lose at least 2 more games, so no biggie really.

Baylor will run rough shod over yer asses and TTU and or OSWho could also be a losses, so yer whorns could end the season with 3 straight defeats.

Baylor will run rough shod over your sorry team first on Thursday. Nobody is saying Texas is a top 10 team at all, hell I don't have a problem if we're not ranked, but OU's overrated, shitty team has no business being in the top 10 at all.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need another win. they have lost to 2 average teams and beat an overrated team. funny how all these tejas fans have shut up about mack brown all the sudden.

1) We destroyed top 13 Oklahoma.

2) 4 conference wins in a row.

3) People don't realize how good TCU actually is. They have lost to 5 (should be) ranked teams. They had
beaten everyone they should, and barely lost to good teams. Texas beat them by more than LSU, TTech, Oklahoma, and OK State. Please ask TCU when the last time they were held to 7 points? Only scoring play was on a trick play.

We've only played 3 games at home all season so far. The last 2 weeks we look like one of the best defensive teams in the country.

We don't deserve to be ranked high, and even last week I was saying NR (or maybe 24/25 tops). But we deserve top 25 somewhere now.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point of the season, body of work becomes the determining factor. UT lost to unranked Ole Miss and BYU. Their landmark win is against OU. They struggled against a poor ISU team(31-30). If OU had two losses to unranked teams, everybody would be calling them overrated. OU has one loss to a good UT team and we are overrated? OU just beat #10 ranked TT, yet we're overrated? The reality is most OU fans feel we are overrated at this point, but we're not the ones that vote. Perhaps UT will run the table from here out. The last 3 games will show who they are. If they can beat TT, BU and OSU, they deserve a top 10 ranking.

People will perceive what they read as they will. I'm not saying UT isn't a good team. I feel they are much better than they were at the start of the season. However, two losses to unranked non-con teams hurt in the eyes of the voters. If UT runs the table, they'll be BCSing at seasons end, even with the 2 losses to unranked teams. Beat Tech. Beat Baylor. Beat the Pokes. Do that, and you deserve it! Lose 1 of those games, and you're tied with OU, OSU and TT. Of course, since these teams all play each other still (for the most part), something has got to give. You would have the head to head over OU, so there is that. :gaah:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point of the season, body of work becomes the determining factor. UT lost to unranked Ole Miss and BYU. Their landmark win is against OU. They struggled against a poor ISU team(31-30). If OU had two losses to unranked teams, everybody would be calling them overrated. OU has one loss to a good UT team and we are overrated? OU just beat #10 ranked TT, yet we're overrated? The reality is most OU fans feel we are overrated at this point, but we're not the ones that vote. Perhaps UT will run the table from here out. The last 3 games will show who they are. If they can beat TT, BU and OSU, they deserve a top 10 ranking.

People will perceive what they read as they will. I'm not saying UT isn't a good team. I feel they are much better than they were at the start of the season. However, two losses to unranked non-con teams hurt in the eyes of the voters. If UT runs the table, they'll be BCSing at seasons end, even with the 2 losses to unranked teams. Beat Tech. Beat Baylor. Beat the Pokes. Do that, and you deserve it! Lose 1 of those games, and you're tied with OU, OSU and TT. Of course, since these teams all play each other still (for the most part), something has got to give. You would have the head to head over OU, so there is that. :gaah:

BYU should be ranked, and potentially even top 20.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU should be ranked, and potentially even top 20.

BYU has an identical record to ND, however ND has beaten ranked AZ St, Mich St. Their 2 losses to ranked Mich and ranked OU. BYU has beaten which ranked teams and lost to which ranked teams? And yet, ND is overrated as well. If UT's loss to BYU is supposed to boost them, how does OU's win against a better ND team diminish them?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3) People don't realize how good TCU actually is. They have lost to 5 (should be) ranked teams.

Hizzle, I don't care what they say about you, you're all right!

There just isn't enough room in the top 25 right now. Plus, like Texasman said, none of it matters. What's the difference between team #27 and team #3 on New Year's day?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ what he said, there isn't enough room in the top 25

we have a lot of rankable teams right now

I couldn't fit Texas into my top 25, but I wanted to

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we shouldn't have lost to freakin' BYU and an average Ole Miss team. I can tell you this, a vastly overrated OU team has no business in the top 10, especially after the Horns treated the Sooners like a $2 whore in Vegas.

Holy shit - there are 2 dollar whores in Vegas??? Mine always cost a few hundred.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU has an identical record to ND, however ND has beaten ranked AZ St, Mich St. Their 2 losses to ranked Mich and ranked OU. BYU has beaten which ranked teams and lost to which ranked teams? And yet, ND is overrated as well. If UT's loss to BYU is supposed to boost them, how does OU's win against a better ND team diminish them?

You're not saying much I don't agree with. Yes, OU should be ranked (due to total body of work). Yes BYU should be ranked. Pair there resume against 20-25 and tell me the difference? You don't cut off quality teams at "ranked 25." You beat 4/5 good teams and have an identical record vs teams who have beaten nobdoy - yet they are "highly" ranked, and BYU is left out????

And yes, Texas should be behind BYU. Which is exactly where I have them in my poll.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with TEXAS being unranked.

As long as voters start to realize this is a completely different team now that has an identity.

Manny Diaz was arguably the worst defensive coordinator in all of football.
Texas was insanely bad at defense in 2012 (albeit finished stronger).
It made no sense that all that talent was so awful on defense.

Mack Brown was a gullible asshat for letting Manny Diaz get another year.
Somehow Diaz convinced Mack Brown all the 2012 issues were INJURY flukes.
Diaz should have been canned midway through 2012.

I am a homer, but I firmly believe Texas wins at least one of the (BYU/Ole Miss) games with a competent DC.

Greg Robinson is a stinking pile of crap, but he is at least competent enough to let the players play.
He makes the Texas defense look like the 1985 Bears compared to Diaz.

With a semi-decent defensive coordinator, Texas is going to be a tough out.
With a decent defensive coordinator, Texas is a very good team that can play with anyone.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jipped?" Seriously? :L

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a single Texas fan is whining about being jipped.

Texas fans understand their teams and are content with the progress.

This thread was started by a fan of another team.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Texas being unranked. If Greg Robinson had been the DC in training camp, we don't lose to Miss and probably beat BYU. Robinson turned around a dismal defense in weeks.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit - there are 2 dollar whores in Vegas??? Mine always cost a few hundred.

2 things you will learn about exes if you read enough of his posts.

1) He has an anal fixation/obsession

2)He is very familiar with $2 hookers

ergo, one could easily deduce he has intimate knowledge of $2 hookers and anal sex, however he receives it....:laugh3:

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor will run rough shod over your sorry team first on Thursday. Nobody is saying Texas is a top 10 team at all, hell I don't have a problem if we're not ranked, but OU's overrated, shitty team has no business being in the top 10 at all.

they may well happen and if you had a iota of reading comprehension, you would see where I have said that neither ut nor OU is a TOP 10 team.:L

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the discrepancy is in verbage. Imo both UT and OU are good teams. Neither is a great team at this point. And yet, both are better than average(for purpose of argument, lets call average near the middle of the 120+ FBS). If the categories are "great, good, average and poor" then I think we can agree on this.

Most feel BU is a great team, but have they been tested? Sure, they have strong wins against a few OOC teams(Woff, Buff, LA-Mon) and have dominated the lower half of the B12(KU, ISU, KSU, WVU) but until they beat UT, OU, OSU, TT and TCU, I'm not going to crown them yet. The 2nd half of the season will reveal much. I feel OU will lose at least 1 more. I feel UT will have their hands full with BU, TT and OSU as well. BU is going to be a shoot out, so it will come down to who can outscore them.