• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round: Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Washington Capitals

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're aware of our history, 43. Thanks. I found a video called "Columbus Blue Jacket - Playoff Series Victories!" for you to enjoy below...

That video doesn't mention the Blue Jackets in any way. That is an objective fact.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel it is important to note that "Mitch Marner" can be rearranged to spell Mr Thin Cream.

Also Mr Ranch Time.

And Nazem Kadri can be rearranged to spell Amazed Rink.

I tried to do "Auston Matthews", but the Anagram 2000 (tm) said it would let me besmirch such a fine name.

And since we will not tolerate anything even remotely silly in regards to our nations' capital, I will not be entering any Caps names. So if you came here expecting to find something like "Andre Burakovski" can be rearranged to spell Ovary Skunk Bread, Or "Dmitri Orlov" bringing forth Livid Mr Root, I am sorry to disappoint you.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to do "Auston Matthews", but the Anagram 2000 (tm) said it would let me besmirch such a fine name.

Clearly it makes "That Mouse Wants"

It's a sign...

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you high when you wrote this, Kenny? ;)

Easy... we don't do easy.

giphy.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And since we will not tolerate anything even remotely silly in regards to our nations' capital, I will not be entering any Caps names. So if you came here expecting to find something like "Andre Burakovski" can be rearranged to spell Ovary Skunk Bread, Or "Dmitri Orlov" bringing forth Livid Mr Root, I am sorry to disappoint you.

Since you couldn't identify passive aggressive before, this is textbook passive aggressive. As is the "objective facts" comment which you couldn't respond to from my original post, but have to slip in here. As is the "pump up" video which is after I posted a pump up video.

It's not silliness anyone minds, 43. You're just trolling me specifically and being a dick.

I'm not making random comments about Columbus fans, dropping in your playoff series thread to needle you, etc. I actually posted a very positive comment about Blue Jackets in that playoff thread and I wish your team and fans well. Just cut it out. I don't understand what you're so upset about (my take on Hartnell's behavior in one god damn game?), but clearly it's something. The trolling is unnecessary.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlson is questionable for game 1, but expect him to play because its the playoffs. Same with Leafs injuries.

Seems like he'll be good to go, but I feel really good about the team even if he's not. Nate Schmidt was really damn solid this year and Shattenkirk has the PP covered so its not as bad of a loss with 22 in the lineup.

Hope he heals up quickly and fully though.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlson is questionable for game 1, but expect him to play because its the playoffs. Same with Leafs injuries.

Not so sure we'll see Zaitsev. He's the biggest minute-eater on the Leafs blue-line. They're pretty much fucked without him.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like he'll be good to go, but I feel really good about the team even if he's not. Nate Schmidt was really damn solid this year and Shattenkirk has the PP covered so its not as bad of a loss with 22 in the lineup.

Hope he heals up quickly and fully though.

Nate Schmidt should be playing every night, he is one of the 6 best defensemen on this team. It's extremely unfortunate that Trotz doesn't see that, but hopefully next season he blossoms with a larger role and gets top 4 minutes.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you couldn't identify passive aggressive before, this is textbook passive aggressive. As is the "objective facts" comment which you couldn't respond to from my original post, but have to slip in here. As is the "pump up" video which is after I posted a pump up video.

It's not silliness anyone minds, 43. You're just trolling me specifically and being a dick.

I'm not making random comments about Columbus fans, dropping in your playoff series thread to needle you, etc. I actually posted a very positive comment about Blue Jackets in that playoff thread and I wish your team and fans well. Just cut it out. I don't understand what you're so upset about (my take on Hartnell's behavior in one god damn game?), but clearly it's something. The trolling is unnecessary.

Holy hell, I thought you were playing along. You *really* don't see it?

LOL

Okay, I will stop.

I can't promise I will be nice to BBB, though.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure we'll see Zaitsev. He's the biggest minute-eater on the Leafs blue-line. They're pretty much fucked without him.

Even if he does play, would assume he'll receive the Mike Green treatment of being bodied every time he touches the puck. Not the best for a non-100% rookie.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he does play, would assume he'll receive the Mike Green treatment of being bodied every time he touches the puck. Not the best for a non-100% rookie.
Zaitsev's no rookie and adapted to the NHL well, but I'm already worried in that regard about Andersen. Last thing I want right now is playoff McElhinney and whatever plug the Leafs would throw next to Rielly if Zaitsev gets fucked up.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it up and I'll start praying to Oprah that David Clarkson makes a miraculous recovery.

jstew still has the Jackets logo under his avatar. Nothing you do can hurt me.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell, I thought you were playing along. You *really* don't see it?

LOL

Okay, I will stop.

I can't promise I will be nice to BBB, though.

I must be missing something. My bad. Hatchet buried.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Schmidt should be playing every night, he is one of the 6 best defensemen on this team. It's extremely unfortunate that Trotz doesn't see that, but hopefully next season he blossoms with a larger role and gets top 4 minutes.

I don't disagree he's been very good, but who would you sit to get him in the lineup?

I think next season there will definitely be a spot for him because we can't keep Alzner, Shattenkirk, AND Orlov with the amount of money already invested on the defensive end. Not to mention Oshie, Williams, and Winnik all being UFAs. I would think he'll be one of the first guys signed this offseason and a regular starter going forward.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree he's been very good, but who would you sit to get him in the lineup?

I think next season there will definitely be a spot for him because we can't keep Alzner, Shattenkirk, AND Orlov with the amount of money already invested on the defensive end. Not to mention Oshie, Williams, and Winnik all being UFAs. I would think he'll be one of the first guys signed this offseason and a regular starter going forward.

Strong proponent of Alzner sitting, but I'd start him over Orpik as well.

Advance stats never tell the whole story, but when there is smoke there is usually a dumpster fire.

The Karl Alzner tax