• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too early to assign the bust label to Lafreniere? Still yet to hit 20 goals or 40 points in a NHL season. He failed to record a single point in the series against the Devils.
He needs out of NY bad. He's salvageable but not there.

Going to be a poster child going forward of why it's perfectly fine to send top picks back to junior.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs out of NY bad. He's salvageable but not there.

Going to be a poster child going forward of why it's perfectly fine to send top picks back to junior.
Patrik Allvin :

dr-evil-come-here.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dazed, confused, and unable to cope with lights or noise?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 15 years from now when his career is over he will act like Theo Fleury.

Well, I for one certainly hope not. From what I've heard, several people have reached out to try and help Theo, but he doesn't think he needs help.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I for one certainly hope not. From what I've heard, several people have reached out to try and help Theo, but he doesn't think he needs help.
Yep CTE is bad...very bad....

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what is Jamie Sale's excuse? did she hit her head on the ice?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what is Jamie Sale's excuse? did she hit her head on the ice?

Maybe, but she appears to be somebody who just likes the attention and taking a wacky, contrarian view to national and world events will certainly get your the attention you desire.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but she appears to be somebody who just likes the attention and taking a wacky, contrarian view to national and world events will certainly get your the attention you desire.

I guess she also figured her days of any celebrity endorsements ended a while ago so why the F not

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

I mean, it may be deemed legal as the rules are currently written, but a body check is meant to separate the puck carrier from the puck, not to put the puck carrier in the hospital. The NFL brought in new rules about hitting defenseless players, it's time for the NHL to do the same, in my opinion.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
^

I mean, it may be deemed legal as the rules are currently written, but a body check is meant to separate the puck carrier from the puck, not to put the puck carrier in the hospital. The NFL brought in new rules about hitting defenseless players, it's time for the NHL to do the same, in my opinion.

I didn't want to pipe in just after this hit when Timo looked like he wasn't goin g to get up, but i thought the hit was clean as well.
Many of Trouba's hits have not been, but that was a good hit. Timo had the puck, was in the trolley tracks.
Not sure what Trouba is suppose do do there, just let him by?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to pipe in just after this hit when Timo looked like he wasn't goin g to get up, but i thought the hit was clean as well.
Many of Trouba's hits have not been, but that was a good hit. Timo had the puck, was in the trolley tracks.
Not sure what Trouba is suppose do do there, just let him by?

I realize that head contact is at times unavoidable and all players assume the risk that every shift they take might be their last. I just don't like the way Trouba continues to drive through the hit, he knows he's got Timo lined up for a big hit already, you don't have to add that extra bit to the hit.

Also, going after Trouba isn't going to do anything, the guy is a meathead. Start hitting the smaller, skilled guys like Panarin and Lafreniere. Oh, that's right, they both forgot to show up in this series lol.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

thats what Trouba did :noidea:

/ do you want them to go to a rule similar to what many of them (nhl'ers under 30) have grown up with in minor hockey? Hockey canada rules? any head contact is illegal? I think Im fine with that

1683058997653.png

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and if he does the same thing to Petey, how does Canucks twitter react?
I dont want anyone to get hit in the head ... but the rules as they are written deem that hit by Trouba legal

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want anyone to get hit in the head ... but the rules as they are written deem that hit by Trouba legal

Okay, but do you want that kind of hit in the game going forward? Call me a small cat, but I think we can do without that kind of head contact in the game.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, but do you want that kind of hit in the game going forward? Call me a small cat, but I think we can do without that kind of head contact in the game.
I never said I like that hit ... and you missed my edit/addition to the post you responded to ... Im fine with going to zero tolerance on head contact ... the players have grown up playing with that rule anyways