• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said I like that hit ... and you missed my edit/addition to the post you responded to ... Im fine with going to zero tolerance on head contact ... the players have grown up playing with that rule anyways

Just reading your ninja edit now lol - Yeah, I would be fine with the NHL adopting that going forward. Probably little chance of that happening with Bettman as commissioner as he doesn't see any link between head trauma and CTE.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reading your ninja edit now lol - Yeah, I would be fine with the NHL adopting that going forward. Probably little chance of that happening with Bettman as commissioner as he doesn't see any link between head trauma and CTE.
Can we start a Bettman sucks chant for that?

Really any reason is good.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think theyre more worried about losing the jamokes out there who will scream theyre pussifying the game :sly:

/ i think zero tolerance is the way to go but it will be just as controversial .... the head contact penalty is messy in minor hockey ... my son played in a game this season against a team that had huge kids and they were called for 11 head contact penalties

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

I mean, it may be deemed legal as the rules are currently written, but a body check is meant to separate the puck carrier from the puck, not to put the puck carrier in the hospital. The NFL brought in new rules about hitting defenseless players, it's time for the NHL to do the same, in my opinion.

From my point of view it wasn't unavoidable, though. And that's where my issue lies. He could have turned and given him the Jagr hippy shake/butt bounce or he could have moved to his right and gotten more shoulder and stick. He saw the head, zeroed in on it and made the hit.

Never mind that Meier had already lost the puck.

One of the biggest points we make with kids coming out of Bantam to high school is how to check, not just hit. These kids are coming out of 8th grade and play against kids up to high schools seniors. We teach them how not to get killed and how not to hurt opponents. I've seen high schoolers make the smarter play. No reason Elbows Trouba can't.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cbc kids ok GIF by CBC

part 2

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/ i think zero tolerance is the way to go but it will be just as controversial .... the head contact penalty is messy in minor hockey ... my son played in a game this season against a team that had huge kids and they were called for 11 head contact penalties

Just dropping this here. Happened at the spring tournament my son played in on the weekend. My sons teammate got nailed by a kid who will be drafted in the whl draft this month (blacked out his name) No penalty

Elbow to the throat :L

DC26A5B7-3D68-442A-86A0-1871E99FAA40.jpeg