• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Cuts

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have a llama, but I do know what happened at John Fox's House after that game yesterday. He said, "I cant believe I called an onside Kick then Vernon Davis goes deep and uncovered for a TD. I am so Mad at myself, where is my sheep." John Elway came in and said, "Here it is John."

:hdn:

Just a little something to brighten the mood for cut day, Have a great day everyone.

Wow, you have the John Fox voice impression down to a T.

Forgot to mention, while your John Fox voice was spot on, you need to work on your John Elway voice impression. Just because he looks like a horse, doesn't mean he sounds like one.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
** Roman said the 49ers didn’t necessarily plan to use the play on which Alex Smith lobbed a 44-yard touchdown pass to Vernon Davis on a wheel route during the preseason. He said they felt “compelled” to use it against the Broncos.

San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Roster lock? Roman indicates RB Dixon will keep his job

Stating the obvious, but from the source: Onside kick irked Roman, because he wasn't compelled to call it due to wanting to win a meaningless preseason game.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barrows Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

49ers waived C Chase Beeler, re-signed DT Matt Masafilo, league source says.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Onside kick irked Roman

Really hope he wasn't truly irked by the onside kick; the coaches should be counting their blessings to get freebie (preseason) in-game onside kick practice.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope he wasn't truly irked by the onside kick; the coaches should be counting their blessings to get freebie (preseason) in-game onside kick practice.

I think it was due to us being down 17-0 coming off of a botched snap in a meaningless game. Not quite personal, but really? In a preseason game? Sort of like how the Saints pushed to sack everytime. I don't think they care one ounce about winning (but they do want to execute without giving away stuff), but I do think they were reactive in a sense by calling the wheel route TD pass right after that. When I say irked, I don't mean offended per se or hurt feelings, just a bit competitive, which is a good thing. Practice would have been good, had the ball gone 10 yards.