• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire or not to fire: game day thread

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt you will see him keep up this pace. Let's keep in mind, it's two games against terrible teams.
And maybe he doesn't keep it up?
But again, what JF did to those bad teams is what other good QB usually do to us (the Bears).... and that's run up the score and look great.
How far back in Bears history do we have to go back before we find a QB that threw for 4 TD in back-to-back games?
Maybe something finally clicked with JF?
We can only hope.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more to "needs consistency and needs to do it vs. Good teams" at play with Fields.

The guy has just flat out stunk when you need him to step up.

We have had 11 instances since Fields took over where we had the ball down a TD or less, with 5 minutes or less left in the game. (Well, technically 12 but I won't count 33 seconds to go vs. the Giants down 8 with no timeouts...Only reasonable possibilities).

How many times did we score points? NONE OF THEM.

List em out:

Giants 2022 Turnover on downs.
Vikings 2022. Fumble by a player not Fields. Needed a TD.
Washington 2022. TWICE. We had 2 opportunities in this game...Turnover on downs both times.
Miami 2022. TWICE...AGAIN. Turnover on downs both times...AGAIN.
Detroit 2022. Turnover on downs.

At this point we've come short with opportunity 7 times and this is where it really gets UGLY. IE: The instances are adding up that the kid folds under pressure.

Atlanta 2022: Pick
Green Bay 2022: Pick
Tampa Bay 2023: Pick
Denver 2023: Pick

The last 4 times we've needed a score to come back down 8 or less (IE A winnable game), this dude has thrown a pick. And he's 0-11 in all opportunities.

We could sit here and microanalyze every one of them. But why? EVENTUALLY a good quarterback will make it happen at least once, right?

This is why I'm out on Fields until I see proof positive otherwise. At this point, Justin must PLAY HIMSELF INTO next season.

(Sad note is I was in physical attendance for 2 of those last 4 soul-crushing picks...lulz...Maybe that's why I'm biased?)

IMO, the best thing that could happen in the remaining 12 games we have is a good chunk of them we're in this position. Bears need a score in a winnable game in crunch time. I'd love to see 7 or more of these instances.

If we don't go down and score in a reasonable amount of them? Cut f*cking ties.

I know it's cliche...but the NFL is a one score league. Once you field a reasonably competitive team, not the dogsh*t we've put out there for the last season plus, but a legit team, you HAVE to come through in one score games...and you're gonna be down in those games a lot. If Fields crumbles under pressure, MOVE ON.

I still think DJ Moore saved Eberflus' and possibly Fields' job Thursday.

Long way to go fellas. But the 2023 Chicago Bears QB job isn't Fields' job to lose anymore imo. He has to raise his play in a way that it is obvious he can carry the team to VICTORIES when the going gets tough before he is THE GUY.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, is anyone else in here besides me openly rooting for Detroit to whup Carolina this Sunday? I conceded the Norris to the Lions in the preseason and nothing has happened to date that would get me to change my mind. So at this point the Lions provide us Bears fans a better value by beating the Panthers and their traded-to-us 1st round pick than losing the game.
Got my wish.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I'm out on Fields until I see proof positive otherwise. At this point, Justin must PLAY HIMSELF INTO next season.

10-4

And I dont see it happening.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its unreal to actually think think he will keep on pace......not too mention te last td pass to Moore was because the db went for the pick 6 to get Washington back in the game......other than that,Im sure he goes for the for sure tackle.....

JF has absolutley ball out for us to consider keeping him.....
Ive been a supporter of his,but playing against these week teams diesnt make him grest....especially the 2nd half vs Den,he was not goid.

Hes untrustworthy and needs to prove he can put up decent numbers vs decent teams,nit punching bags.....
The second half against, Denver switched to zone, after playing man the whole first half.

As soon as a D plays zone, he turns to Checkdown Charlie and starts holding the ball too long, which leads to even more disastrous plays. Fumbles, etc.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second half against, Denver switched to zone, after playing man the whole first half.

As soon as a D plays zone, he turns to Checkdown Charlie and starts holding the ball too long, which leads to even more disastrous plays. Fumbles, etc.

His OC also hung him out to dry against Denver by switching up playcalls that were previously working. Running 9 times in a row....calling bootlegs.

Getsy's playcalls against Washington in the 2nd half were far better.

But diagnosing the zone is easily the weakest part of Fields' game at the moment. Which is odd because you have a couple receivers in Moore and Mooney that are definite zone beaters, Moore especially. And if used correctly Kmet should be in that category too.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields would have to turn this season around and lead us to (at least) the brink of a playoff appearance for me to desire him as our starting QB going into next season. Which, I doubt happens.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields would have to turn this season around and lead us to (at least) the brink of a playoff appearance for me to desire him as our starting QB going into next season. Which, I doubt happens.

I mean...From a going forward standpoint, I want him to succeed so bad because Goddamn if we got Marvin Harrison Jr and that Left Tackle out of Penn State with 2 top draft picks...Holy sh*t to have two legit bookends and 2 #1 quality wideouts on top of a good rushing game. But yeah, odds are unlikely.