• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire or not to fire: game day thread

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if you would like me to expand...I mean: Matthew Stafford was BLESSED with some seriously good WR1's..but it was obvious he was a good quarterback without them. It was pretty easy to see even as a meatball fan.

I think Justin Fields is benched by now without Moore. Nothing I've seen has me thinking otherwise.

Dude just bailed out our QB AND coach by being insane the last 2 games. They owe him both their jobs right now IMO.

I mean…..one of his touchdowns last night was absolute elite level ball placement by Fields.

Fields job is to feed Moore. That’s why they traded for him.

I don’t understand mentality of a good player being around Fields as being a negative for Fields when all this fanbase asked for the past two years is to get Fields weapons.

Yeah DJ Moore makes the offense better. Well, no shit. That’s a #1 wide receivers job. Water is also wet.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore accounts for a bit over half of the Bears total passing yards.
Justin Jefferson accounts for just under half of the Vikings total passing yards.
Puka Nucua accounts for just under half of the Rams total passing yards.

Moral of the story? Not sure there is one, but it shows other teams rely a lot on their #1 receiver.

What's the yardage totals? Other teams usually benefit.

Most other teams with WR's producing like Moore are getting 30-60 more yards passing per game outside of them. That's the point. Nothing else is elevating despite Moore's epic play.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean…..one of his touchdowns last night was absolute elite level ball placement by Fields.

Fields job is to feed Moore. That’s why they traded for him.

I don’t understand mentality of a good player being around Fields as being a negative for Fields when all this fanbase asked for the past two years is to get Fields weapons.

Yeah DJ Moore makes the offense better. Well, no shit. That’s a #1 wide receivers job. Water is also wet.

81pkll.jpg

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most other teams with WR's producing like Moore are getting 30-60 more yards passing per game outside of them. That's the point. Nothing else is elevating despite Moore's epic play.

Kmet might be staring down a 75 to 80 catch season with around 800 yards.

Which would a really good season.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields could throw 5 touchdowns in his next game and this miserable fanbase will still find a way to make it seem like nothing.

I mean...For every comment like this I could give you the retort "Yeah, well I've seen our miserable fanbase back a guy like Chase Claypool/Mitch Trubisky...*heavy sigh*...JOSH F*CKING MCCOWN...because they just couldn't take an unbiased look....because the player had a good couple games amid a pile of monkey crap."

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...For every comment like this I could give you the retort "Yeah, well I've seen our miserable fanbase back a guy like Chase Claypool/Mitch Trubisky...*heavy sigh*...JOSH F*CKING MCCOWN...because they just couldn't take an unbiased look....because the player had a good couple games amid a pile of monkey crap."

Yeah but I literally said in this very thread that Fields played piss poor in a few games then had 2 good games.

That’s quite literally what has happened. Yet you’re still here saying yeah but, yeah but. Why? I’m acknowledging the poor play. And then acknowledging the good.

If I were pretending he hasn’t had bad games I would totally understand your points.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now the Bears are 12th in passing yards per game. Not great, yet definitely not near the bottom of the pile. Yes, Moore accounts for a little over half of those yards, which I believe no other team can claim with their top wideout. But that's why we traded for him. It gives Fields a true go-to WR, which just about every team needs.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, one more thing I wanted to touch on. By game's end we were down to the walking wounded in some cases. I'm hoping when the injury reports come out that we don't lose too many more players. It seems a lot of the hurts last night were the type that 10 days before our next game will hopefully cure most of these. I hate using injuries as an excuse because all teams have to deal with them, but it sure does seem like we're on the upper end of the list these days.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I literally said in this very thread that Fields played piss poor in a few games then had 2 good games.

That’s quite literally what has happened. Yet you’re still here saying yeah but, yeah but. Why? I’m acknowledging the poor play. And then acknowledging the good.

If I were pretending he hasn’t had bad games I would totally understand your points.

If you asked any unbiased non-Chicago fan (who watches a lot of football and has watched our games) what they thought our passing game would look like without DJ Moore? You and I both know what that answer/expectation would be. Complete...dumpster...fire. What is is what is BWW.

Maybe Fields proves us wrong and becomes a more complete QB as the weeks go on...and yes, he played well the past 2 games. But he's only off the hot seat right now because of #2, as is Eberflus. That's just the reality of it. DJ Moore is out there saving jobs man.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you asked any unbiased non-Chicago fan (who watches a lot of football and has watched our games) what they thought our passing game would look like without DJ Moore? You and I both know what that answer/expectation would be. Complete...dumpster...fire. What is is what is BWW.

Maybe Fields proves us wrong and becomes a more complete QB as the weeks go on...and yes, he played well the past 2 games. But he's only off the hot seat right now because of #2, as is Eberflus. That's just the reality of it. DJ Moore is out there saving jobs man.

I think hes more off the hot seat because of the two bad teams we have played......
GB and TB are not teams of reckon and we got mudstomped.........

Maybe he found himself,lets hope he has.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think hes more off the hot seat because of the two bad teams we have played......
GB and TB are not teams of reckon and we got mudstomped.........

Maybe he found himself,lets hope he has.
I'm keeping hopes alive for one key reason. If the stats Fields has had were reversed, ie if these last two games were his first two and the numbers thereafter sunk like a rock, I'd probably be amongst the majority who say it's time to ditch him. But at least the arrow is pointed upward. Not skyrocketing upward by any stretch, but the trajectory is heading in the right direction. Let's see how he performs in the coming weeks. One thing I definintely think is for certain and that's the opposing teams DCs are going to double team Moore, and probably just about every play when he's on the field. Getsy will have to make some adjustments no doubt.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what is KC without Kelce right now? How much worse is Buffalo without Diggs.

Find an offense that scores points and you’re likely to find that the offense has a #1 target getting a large amount of its targets and yards.

When the Bears acquired Moore were they not supposed to make him the focus of the passing game?
Maybe Fields proves us wrong and becomes a more complete QB as the weeks go on...and yes, he played well the past 2 games. But he's only off the hot seat right now because of #2, as is Eberflus. That's just the reality of it. DJ Moore is out there saving jobs man

He’s doing exactly what was envisioned when the trade was made. Fields needed a #1 guy. Desperately. Now he has one. But let’s instead make it a negative and think about what it would be like without him. Because that makes sense.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I definintely think is for certain and that's the opposing teams DCs are going to double team Moore, and probably just about every play when he's on the field. Getsy will have to make some adjustments no doubt.

Probably. Fields has done better against man defense than he has zone. So you can probably expect to see more zone and the good DCs we will face disguising coverages and getting more exotic. That’s where Fields really has to improve the most. He has struggled to see defenders sitting under routes.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what is KC without Kelce right now? How much worse is Buffalo without Diggs.

Find an offense that scores points and you’re likely to find that the offense has a #1 target getting a large amount of its targets and yards.

When the Bears acquired Moore were they not supposed to make him the focus of the passing game?

He’s doing exactly what was envisioned when the trade was made. Fields needed a #1 guy. Desperately. Now he has one. But let’s instead make it a negative and think about what it would be like without him. Because that makes sense.

KC and Buffalo are both playoff teams without Kelce and Diggs. We are not even close to being one even with Moore.

The point is to evaluate what we are in the entirety.

Nobody else elevates us outside of Moore right now. Not the QB. And definitely not the coaching staff. We are lacking in the biggest departments on those two fronts. Taking Moore out of the equation is essential because anyone with eyes can see we would be definitively the worst team in football without him.

He is the only reason you can't make a STRONG argument that we have not only the worst defense...but the worst offense too. No way we win yesterday if he doesn't step on the field. And with him BALLING THE F*CK OUT, we still are one of the worst teams in the league. If you're telling me you didn't think we were going to lose yesterday when Washington was lining up to make it a 7 point game, you're lying. That's because we're bad. It is...what it is.

This isn't about giving credit where it is due. It is recognizing we are bad and trying to make sense of if the most important positions (QB/Coach) are a part of the solution or not. The answer currently, despite 2 FINALLY COMPETITIVE games, is no.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool.

But who’s arguing we aren’t bad?

I mean…..that’s a long ass rant to argue against things no one is even saying.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody else elevates us outside of Moore right now. Not the QB. And definitely not the coaching staff. We are lacking in the biggest departments on those two fronts. Taking Moore out of the equation is essential because anyone with eyes can see we would be definitively the worst team in football without him.
Hmmm, not so sure on this, Jidster. Fields has struggled all season, no one's arguing that. And even the last two games he's had a few questionable moments. But not elevating the team at all? This from Windy City Gridiron:

Over Fields' last two games, he's gone 43-of-64 (67%) for 617 passing yards, 82 rushing yards, eight passing touchdowns, and just two turnovers. He's pushing the ball down the field and hasn't been nearly as stymied by zone coverage looks. Sure, his rushing numbers are down, but his productivity in the passing game has shot through the roof. In the best of scenarios, this is exactly what the Bears could have hoped for.

Now granted, those two TO's were probably the difference between the Bears winning against the Broncos vs losing the game. And even claiming the primary reason for the better passing numbers is because of Moore - ok fine, but someone still has to be passing the ball to him, right?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool.

But who’s arguing we aren’t bad?

I mean…..that’s a long ass rant to argue against things no one is even saying.

Nobody's arguing we're bad. Anyone that is actually arguing that our passing offense wouldn't be absolute dogsh*t without Moore is wrong. Anyone with eyes can see that. Why you redirected my original post about our sh*tty passing offense outside of Moore it into a pity party "oh well why is that a knock on Fields" is beyond me. Fields is going down a sh*tter without Moore. Really that simple. We're BEYOND LUCKY that Lovie won that game at end of last season or this season would be a disaster with us having the worst offense, defense AND coaching in football.

Thank you DJ Moore for giving us at least one win. That's the moral of this story.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, is anyone else in here besides me openly rooting for Detroit to whup Carolina this Sunday? I conceded the Norris to the Lions in the preseason and nothing has happened to date that would get me to change my mind. So at this point the Lions provide us Bears fans a better value by beating the Panthers and their traded-to-us 1st round pick than losing the game.