• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire or not to fire: game day thread

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, not so sure on this, Jidster. Fields has struggled all season, no one's arguing that. And even the last two games he's had a few questionable moments. But not elevating the team at all? This from Windy City Gridiron:

Over Fields' last two games, he's gone 43-of-64 (67%) for 617 passing yards, 82 rushing yards, eight passing touchdowns, and just two turnovers. He's pushing the ball down the field and hasn't been nearly as stymied by zone coverage looks. Sure, his rushing numbers are down, but his productivity in the passing game has shot through the roof. In the best of scenarios, this is exactly what the Bears could have hoped for.

Now granted, those two TO's were probably the difference between the Bears winning against the Broncos vs losing the game. And even claiming the primary reason for the better passing numbers is because of Moore - ok fine, but someone still has to be passing the ball to him, right?

I mean...He's never once led us down the field down points for a game winning or even tying come from behind touchdown late in the fourth...

0 for 10. You'd like to see him put us ahead in the 4th just once before saying "Yeah, this guy could take us to the Super Bowl."

Sam Howell's stats for the past 2 games are better than Justin's and he played a legit Super Bowl contender with a sick defense. I'll hold off anointing him too, if it makes you feel better.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...He's never once led us down the field down points for a game winning or even tying come from behind touchdown late in the fourth...

0 for 10. You'd like to see him put us ahead in the 4th just once before saying "Yeah, this guy could take us to the Super Bowl."

Sam Howell's stats for the past 2 games are better than Justin's and he played a legit Super Bowl contender with a sick defense. I'll hold off anointing him too, if it makes you feel better.

If we played Dallas,SF or Philly,the beating we would take by their defense,we would be lucky to score 30 pts for all 3 games.....
JF would be sacked 15xs on top of it.....
We are not even close to being in their league
We played one top team in KC,and got beat 41-10.......and thats without a top tier def................

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please point out who’s making this argument?

You tell me. You're the one that responded to it. I view it as a stone cold irrefutable fact which is why I find it odd you redirected it into Fields defending.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tell me. You're the one that responded to it. I view it as a stone cold irrefutable fact which is why I find it odd you redirected it into Fields defending.

You were responding to me first…..

Three of his best throws last night came on pocket plays where he scanned the field and went through multiple reads.

I'm happy watching you be happy...but I will double down...We would have absolutely NO passing game if it wasn't for DJ Moore. I mean...None.

I was talking about Fields. You redirected it to Moore.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it is...and he didn't have DJ Moore.

Howell has more yards over the two games.

Fields has 5 more touchdowns. A higher QB rating.

Both have the same amount of interceptions.

And Howell has McLaurin.

What the actual fuck are you even arguing here?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howell has more yards over the two games.

Fields has 5 more touchdowns. A higher QB rating.

Both have the same amount of interceptions.

And Howell has McLaurin.

What the actual fuck are you even arguing here?
I don’t even know anymore but we still stink and I’m staying grounded.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would absolutley have to ball out every game for me to change my mind about him......

Unti that hapoens,he will be in the "cant be trusted" catagory........

If he does start to turn it around,and the Bears are serious about Caleb Williams,,put him on the trading block and see what we can get......better to trade him now than to let him walk....

Draft Williams and start over with a better qb that will be starting on a 4 year rookie contract.......

We are still in the running for the top two picks........dont let this game fool you.

The problem with Williams is he and his dad are making the Ball's seem like a normal sports family. He flat out said he will refuse to sign with any team other than the 5 or 6, so you could reach a deal to trade wtih Dallas, Giants, and four other teams who are not drafting a QB, or you can pick him and he will not sign and you basically forfeit the number one pick. Thats a little bigger not to be trusted category for me.

I dont need to see 300 yards a game, I dont need to see him lock onto one receiver, I would like to see him scramble and do that pass right when he gets to the line of scrimmage and let the receiver get a dozen yards and take the hit. Fluke has more than a full undefeated season to get to .500 and Nagy was the last over .500 by 3 games and he did not survive. But if you are firing everfluke, I think you are stuck with Getsy as HC to even keep Fields on a path.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem with Williams is he and his dad are making the Ball's seem like a normal sports family. He flat out said he will refuse to sign with any team other than the 5 or 6,

So his murmuring things in his ear must have some merit to ut,cause this like the 3rd ir 4th time old man has been brought up......
But what I have not heard is theres only 5 or 6 teams he will play for.......??

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So his murmuring things in his ear must have some merit to ut,cause this like the 3rd ir 4th time old man has been brought up......
Actually, Williams has stated this. But of course that + 25 cents = two bits. Regardless of which team gets the 1st pick in the draft, if he's selected, he'll sign with that club.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need JF starting all year......he gets to where we think we got something,we culd possibly get something for him.
If JF has turned the corner and is consistent thru the last 12 games, keep him (but still draft a QB).
I don't buy into the "sure thing". NFL busts are pretty convincing not every QB will make it.

Still fire Eberflus.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JF has turned the corner and is consistent thru the last 12 games, keep him (but still draft a QB).
I don't buy into the "sure thing". NFL busts are pretty convincing not every QB will make it.

Still fire Eberflus.

If we keep JF,we will have to give him a new contract.......I dont think as of now we are ready to hand over a ton if money to a guy who we have been questionng his ability now for 3 years.......

Id rather start at qb again with the next so-called Patrick MaHomes.......

No reason to sign JF and draft Williams/Maye.......
And if they are to draft a qb in the 3rd or 4th or so,I think they may just be left scratching their head again if JF does not pan out......

The QB situation has to stop,and Williams to me is the stopper.....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we keep JF,we will have to give him a new contract.......I dont think as of now we are ready to hand over a ton if money to a guy who we have been questionng his ability now for 3 years.......

Id rather start at qb again with the next so-called Patrick MaHomes.......

No reason to sign JF and draft Williams/Maye.......
And if they are to draft a qb in the 3rd or 4th or so,I think they may just be left scratching their head again if JF does not pan out......

The QB situation has to stop,and Williams to me is the stopper.....
Disagree.
Besides QB history, there is also Bears QB history which is worse.
Even with the 3 klunker games, JF is on pace for 3900 passing yards and 37 passing TD. Based on last year's leaders numbers, that would put him 13th in passing yards and 2nd in passing TD.
If he is consistently good and recognizes defenses for the rest of the season, to start all over with a rookie QB on 2024 is too risky imo. Especially with the following history of NFL-ready QBs drafted in the first round since 2000:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree.
Even with the 3 klunker games, JF is on pace for 3900 passing yards and 37 passing TD. Based on last year's leaders numbers, that would put him 13th in passing yards and 2nd in passing TD.
If he is consistently good and recognizes defenses for the rest of the season, to start all over with a rookie QB on 2024 is too risky imo. Especially with the following history of NFL-ready QBs drafted in the first round since 2000:

I get evetything youre saying,and I hope for the best with Fields,its been a rollercoadter ride with him to where Im not sure if we have all the trust in him yet.........
3 years now and we are not sure who we got.......its like hes still a project in the making.......

I really believe he wont be here next season.....

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its pretty much the same article being posted on different sites.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree.
I highly doubt you will see him keep up this pace. Let's keep in mind, it's two games against terrible teams. With Washington, inexplicably, playing man defense for most the game, when the whole world knows JF struggles with zone concepts.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt you will see him keep up this pace. Let's keep in mind, it's two games against terrible teams. With Washington, inexplicably, playing man defense for most the game, when the whole world knows JF struggles with zone concepts.

Its unreal to actually think think he will keep on pace......not too mention te last td pass to Moore was because the db went for the pick 6 to get Washington back in the game......other than that,Im sure he goes for the for sure tackle.....

JF has absolutley ball out for us to consider keeping him.....
Ive been a supporter of his,but playing against these week teams diesnt make him grest....especially the 2nd half vs Den,he was not goid.

Hes untrustworthy and needs to prove he can put up decent numbers vs decent teams,nit punching bags.....