• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Mel Tucker Now!!!

C

cubzzzfanincali

What about the, "it was Ryan Tannehill" excuse?

Does that one work?;)

yeah I get it. But you can see that Tannehill was inaccurate a lot.

Maybe I am not saying this clearly enough...true for my co-workers today too. I think we just witnessed the NFL equivalent of the perfect game, and no one is mentioning this. Dude, rag on the Bears, fine....but the Bears ASIDE....what happened yesterday was special. I am not kidding...I think he missed on ZERO passes. Zero. It's unheard of.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe I am not saying this clearly enough...true for my co-workers today too. I think we just witnessed the NFL equivalent of the perfect game, and no one is mentioning this. Dude, rag on the Bears, fine....but the Bears ASIDE....what happened yesterday was special. I am not kidding...I think he missed on ZERO passes. Zero. It's unheard of.

I think we understand you, we just don't agree that the Bears defense didn't contribute to his perfect game. Yes, Brady's execution was near perfect (like Rogers in our first Packer game)... we're only saying the degree of difficulty could have been higher and that was in the Bears' locus of control.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for informative purposes...

R. Tannehill numbers against the Bears a week ago..

25/32 277yds 2TDs 0 ints 123.6 QBR

So he had 2 more incompletions than TB. Granted not near the TD's but I'm telling you, QB's shredding our D is becoming a trend. This defense has been a franchise-worst the last two years.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, to make a comparison, Gronk went ape shit in the first half. Left the game with dehydration. Marty Bennett took that challenge of watching someone else play a great game at his position and had a dominating second half.

We didnt see our O Line decide to be the best o line on the field in the second half, receivers stopped trying to catch throws only they are supposed to be able to catch, and our quarterback didnt make too many perfect throws. We didnt see our linebackers start making plays, we didnt see much better pressure from our defensive line the second half, we were down to corners who never played before and Jennings in no way that shut down corner that follows the best receiver wherever he goes.

Thats what we did not see as far as effort went. We saw a pissed off mel tucker on the sidelines, the same deer in the headlights look on trestmans face, doesnt seem like either was working.

Believe me, I was shocked when they announced Tucker would be back this year, and immediately called it a clear body to blame and have on the hot seat waiting to be fired this off season. When there are still cases of half your players in zone and some in man, the message is just not getting thru.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They told us that the goal of the D was to confuse the opponent QB with the D.

What they didn't mention is that was going to be done by making that opponent pick which of 3 wide open targets on any given play to hit.

I'm not normally a fan of mis-season firings but i'll make a exception in Tuckers case. He just doesn't have it. "It" being a myriad of things. The attention span of his players, the ability to design a gameplan to deterr the oponent from doing what they want to do, or the ability to adjust to ingame conditions(IMO the hardest thing to do in coaching)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So he had 2 more incompletions than TB. Granted not near the TD's but I'm telling you, QB's shredding our D is becoming a trend. This defense has been a franchise-worst the last two years.

Yeah… but Tom Brady's incompletions, hit his receivers in the FREAKING HANDS. lol… literally I think four of the five did.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali's right... the top three targets for Brady were- LeFell- 11 for 11, Gronk 9 for 9, Wright 7 for 7... EVERY pass was caught. That's pretty amazing. None had a drop, none had a target that was not
accurate. None were a "throw-away" out of bounds in the direction of so-n-so receiver... That's crazy good.
Bears didn't help- but credit is due to Brady.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Brady did all this while being under no pressure is amazing. I'll bet he had a tougher time practicing for the Bear def then he had playing them. It's a no big deal for me fellas. Give any NFL QB time and he'll light you up. Same guy would throw picks with pressure.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Brady did all this while being under no pressure is amazing. I'll bet he had a tougher time practicing for the Bear def then he had playing them. It's a no big deal for me fellas. Give any NFL QB time and he'll light you up. Same guy would throw picks with pressure.

but this also goes to tucker expecting to get pressure from the front 4. The DT's are getting more pressure than the ends and one of them is always doubled. When Fuller went out it went to even more vanilla than usual. When Tucker does bring pressure, its not overload type pressure, its dropping the ends into coverage, so they still only rush 4.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears DBs needed to jump some routes too. Losing Fuller early hurt.

Patriots know our scheme, and the best way to beat it is to get rid of it quickly or max protect.

They adjusted to us, and we didn't adjust to their adjustment.

Our scheme on D is predictable and good QBs will almost always shred it.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I was referring to the passing ACCURACY, which doesn't show up in the stats. You have to actually watch the passes. Brady's incompletions were also right on the money and were drops. Tannehill not only made errors, but some of the completions were just great catches of somewhat misthrown balls. I am sure a QB has had a higher completion percentage than Brady on Sunday, but I have never....and I mean NEVER...seen a QB totally nail the spot on every single pass.

By the way Tannehill is getting a lot better fast....anyone else noticing this?

Yes, sure, the Bears defense contributed to it, I get it. My comment simply has more to do with Brady than with the Bears. I sort of think you guys are not only missing the point, you are missing the experience of realizing something special in football just occurred because you are too wrapped up in anger at the Bears having lost. I mean this seriously....wake up for a second guys...some things are larger than the Bears.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever makes you feel better cubz.

I watched the game, I saw the "no-hitter", it was impressive.

He's Tom Brady!? As mentioned before, 1st ballot HOFer. He played one of his best games ever, against one of the worst defenses I HAVE EVER SEEN.

I'm not going to cream my jeans over it. This D is historically bad. I have watched nearly every opponent's QB have career days against em'. If it's not the QB having a career day, it's the RB or TE or WR or all of the above at the same goddamned time.

It was a great game by TB. No doubt. He is a very accurate passer, particularly when going against the scout D.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to the passing ACCURACY, which doesn't show up in the stats. You have to actually watch the passes. Brady's incompletions were also right on the money and were drops. Tannehill not only made errors, but some of the completions were just great catches of somewhat misthrown balls. I am sure a QB has had a higher completion percentage than Brady on Sunday, but I have never....and I mean NEVER...seen a QB totally nail the spot on every single pass.

By the way Tannehill is getting a lot better fast....anyone else noticing this?

Yes, sure, the Bears defense contributed to it, I get it. My comment simply has more to do with Brady than with the Bears. I sort of think you guys are not only missing the point, you are missing the experience of realizing something special in football just occurred because you are too wrapped up in anger at the Bears having lost. I mean this seriously....wake up for a second guys...some things are larger than the Bears.
I get what you are saying Cali.