• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Mel Tucker Now!!!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will take a lot more than one year to fix this team. The coaching staff should be fired after this season, and maybe, just maybe, the Bears could hire coaches worth a shit. The sub par coaching and shitty talent on defense reflects poorly on Emery. Everyone in this team is to blame.

The only down side is that here we go again, Cutler gets yet another offensive system to learn and that is why he cant get to the super bowl.

Demote Trestman to offensive coordinator, thats all he should have been hired for anyway. Might be able to pull it off it a Gruden or Cowher (or any other big name coach) can get convinced to bring the three phases of the game together.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I disagree on is Green Bay being this year's super bowl team. I am by no means convinced of that. They lack in quite a few areas defensively.

I agree on Green Bay as not being a Super Bowl team. Last night is the perfect example. The past few years they pad their regular season record against poor-to-moderate teams, but when playoff time comes, their defense proves to be not much of a match against the conference contenders. For the life of me, I can't see why they retain the services of Dom Capers, but as a Bears fan, part of me is happy they do.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucker will be fired at the end of the season which gives Trestman and Kromer one more year to fix this.

I hope Tucker does get canned. When a defense allows Ryan Tannehill to look remotely like a Pro Bowl-caliber QB, then that defense has issues.

But when the time comes, who would they hire as DC? My sister-in-law joked that Rex Ryan will probably be be available next season, and right now I wouldn't have a problem with the notion of that (I know it's highly unlikely to happen, but I got a chuckle out of the idea).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman said himself that his defensive philosophy was to create confusion for the opposing quarterback. Maybe that's not a good enough philosophy or maybe it's the perfect one. I don't know. But I don't think we create much confusion at all for opposing qbs. Even in Atlanta we benefited from a lot of dropped passes which meant the qb was throwing the ball to the right place.

1. We need a DC who can create the scheme's that can create this confusion. Mel Tucker isn't it. And if that isn't sufficient, then we know the philosophy isn't sufficient. But we haven't executed a scheme to test this.

2. I haven't been married to the 4-3 or the 3-4... but if confusion is king, it seems like a 3-4 would be a more appropriate scheme since there is always going to be either a linebacker rushing the passer or dropping back into coverage... there is an extra wildcard.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE run the most vanilla D in the league. It's boring, predictable and archaic.

We hired this clown away from the worst franchise in all of sports.

Having said all that...the Offense is supposed to be other-worldly and compensate for however long it took for the D to gel. They have started every game this season with anemic efforts, taking till the second half to even remotely resemble the aforementioned E.T. status. Jay looks average. The o-line looks average. The highly-touted receiving duo look average. Forte and Bennett are the only two playing at an all-pro level.

Yesterday was the worst loss in franchise history IMO.

This Defense in two seasons, has been historically bad. WORSE than the 90's!?

Another disappointing season destined to end at the hands of the Packers...AGAIN.

C

cubzzzfanincali

OK, I am going to give a somewhat dissenting argument here, after re-watching the game just now. Now, yes, in some ways the defense was bad, no shit. There were definitely issues and problems.

However....I have to point something out. There is not a single team in the league that would have beat Tom Brady yesterday. That was the most flawless game of quarterbacking I can ever remember. Literally ever. Maybe it has happened, I can't recall it. Guys, seriously, watch his fucking passes. Every single one of them...I mean literally every single one of them....was perfect. His misses were dropped passes, not bad passes. He played like a man possessed. I don't know, but the whole "Tom Brady is done and washed up" thing that was making the media circles in late September was the worst thing for Patriot opponents in a long time. He has been on a roll, and yesterday was just....jesus fucking Christ, his passing could not have been any more accurate. All game.

So go back to bitching about the Bear defense, I will probably join you. But as football fans, you ought to take a few minutes and watch it again, because that was a seriously special performance. Incredible shit.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a first-ballot HOFer. If you do not apply pressure to him, he will pick you apart.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D being bad, we all sorta hoped it would turn itself upright a bit this season, and I think it has, we are now up to 26th. Even at 26th it is still pretty sad. But what I didn't expect was the collapse of the Offense. WAY to much talent on O to keep sucking it up. It really does look like the coaching staff is miss-firing. This I do not understand.

Mel Tucker is gone. No way he sticks around another year. But, Trestman an Co. That's a different discussion.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is HARDLY on Emery. It actually appears he drafted real well this past year. This was clearly a transitional year defensively. You can't just fix that D from last year in one off-season. This team needs another good draft, and they'll really be headed in the right direction.

going into the season with that linebacker core and safeties is not on emery? emery's drafting has been as bad as angelos. a couple hits but mostly misses

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going into the season with that linebacker core and safeties is not on emery?

Mundy's been a nice addition IMO. Conte has played well, when he can stay on the field.

The LBers are a different story. I'm thinking Briggs is gone next year too. It's pretty bad, when the best game by that group all year was in the game where the second-stringers played.

I hate our D scheme and coaching.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, it's tough to judge when the Offense is as ineffective as it has been. This is not the magical days of Urlacher, where the D would pull out miracles every other week and bail our shitty O out. Its SUPPOSED to be the other way around now.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mundy's been a nice addition IMO. Conte has played well, when he can stay on the field.

The LBers are a different story. I'm thinking Briggs is gone next year too. It's pretty bad, when the best game by that group all year was in the game where the second-stringers played.

I hate our D scheme and coaching.

Sharpton got in the game again and was all over the place, then he got hurt too.

I think Jones is looking promising, Shea went to Briggs side yesterday, and between Sharpton and Bostic there is still some promising guys here for the middle. Have no clue why they cant keep players on the field.

Hopefully Sharpton gets a chance to win that job next year, he shows that tenacity you need in a MLB..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I am going to give a somewhat dissenting argument here, after re-watching the game just now. Now, yes, in some ways the defense was bad, no shit. There were definitely issues and problems.

However....I have to point something out. There is not a single team in the league that would have beat Tom Brady yesterday. That was the most flawless game of quarterbacking I can ever remember. Literally ever. Maybe it has happened, I can't recall it. Guys, seriously, watch his fucking passes. Every single one of them...I mean literally every single one of them....was perfect. His misses were dropped passes, not bad passes. He played like a man possessed. I don't know, but the whole "Tom Brady is done and washed up" thing that was making the media circles in late September was the worst thing for Patriot opponents in a long time. He has been on a roll, and yesterday was just....jesus fucking Christ, his passing could not have been any more accurate. All game.

So go back to bitching about the Bear defense, I will probably join you. But as football fans, you ought to take a few minutes and watch it again, because that was a seriously special performance. Incredible shit.

Let's be realistic though... it looked too easy. He sees a receiver in man coverage with the corner on the outside shoulder and he throws a quick inside slant. It was paint by numbers out there. There was nothing in coverage that even made him think out there... just like there was nothing on the line of scrimmage to make him worry. That's on the scheme. I give Brady all of the credit in the world for being the savant out there and taking what was given... just like Aaron Rodgers last month... but we gave a math genius an algebra test.

If you want to lean on an excuse for the defense and Mel Tucker, I wouldn't use the "it was Tom Brady" one. I may use the injury one. Maybe the game was called to accommodate rookies called into action to replace Briggs, DJW, or fellow rookie Fuller? I don't know. But I do know that this was not a complex scheme. Whether that's because of necessity or because of a lack of competency, I don't know.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this: The Bears have forced 22 punts this year... averaging 2.75 per game. Dead Last in the league.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the, "it was Ryan Tannehill" excuse?

Does that one work?;)

C

cubzzzfanincali

haha, funny enough, I'm just saying that as a football fan, you should appreciate a great work when it comes along, even at our expense. I don't think the defense was as horrible yesterday as you guys do...I think Brady had a completely fantastic game, even by his standards. The guy is on fire right now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, funny enough, I'm just saying that as a football fan, you should appreciate a great work when it comes along, even at our expense. I don't think the defense was as horrible yesterday as you guys do...I think Brady had a completely fantastic game, even by his standards. The guy is on fire right now.

The defense had a great goal line stand. I'll give them that. Hate to hit a tangent, but weirder than Houston ripping his knee apart celebrating a meaningless sack at a meaningless time... the weirdest thing I've seen must be that late false start penalty which put points on the board for the team that committed the penalty. If I'm not mistaken, false starts are supposed to be whistled dead immediately... it's not like either team would have the option to decline the penalty. But the defense actually finds its backbone and the Pats bail themselves out with a penalty they committed. Meh... would have lost anyway. But that was a strange one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the, "it was Ryan Tannehill" excuse?

Does that one work?;)
Every QB we face is all pro. Naw it's us. Give any NFL QB time and no coverage on his WRs and watch the records be set. Blame Mel for making Tom so comfortable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense had a great goal line stand. I'll give them that. Hate to hit a tangent, but weirder than Houston ripping his knee apart celebrating a meaningless sack at a meaningless time... the weirdest thing I've seen must be that late false start penalty which put points on the board for the team that committed the penalty. If I'm not mistaken, false starts are supposed to be whistled dead immediately... it's not like either team would have the option to decline the penalty. But the defense actually finds its backbone and the Pats bail themselves out with a penalty they committed. Meh... would have lost anyway. But that was a strange one.
Ya that was BS. I was not shocked however. I'm getting used to being shit on.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goal line stands are usually pretty big momentum-swings in the NFL. It was a 7-0 game at that point.

I doubt it changes anything, but I know I was livid when watching it.

It hardly qualifies as penalizing, when it benefits them.