• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FIRE AG NOW!!

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has to go, he cannot coach his way out of a wet paper bag if you spot him a knife.

The players make his scheme work instead of his scheme making them better. We are only going as fast as Dan Campbell punts his sorry ass.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has to go, he cannot coach his way out of a wet paper bag if you spot him a knife.

The players make his scheme work instead of his scheme making them better. We are only going as fast as Dan Campbell punts his sorry ass.
He made some decent adjustments in the second half but yes he started with the same old vanilla bullshit with corners 15 yards back. Makes blitzing a a waste of effort. Not to mention the safeties are always late. Not sure if that is the scheme or just our safeties making bad reads. Its weird. It looks like 4 deep safeties and then half the time the safeties come up with the corners deep. Really hate it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made some decent adjustments in the second half but yes he started with the same old vanilla bullshit with corners 15 yards back. Makes blitzing a a waste of effort. Not to mention the safeties are always late. Not sure if that is the scheme or just our safeties making bad reads. Its weird. It looks like 4 deep safeties and then half the time the safeties come up with the corners deep. Really hate it.
We start with Corners 15 yards back and still get torched over the top on play 1.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We start with Corners 15 yards back and still get torched over the top on play 1.
Yup. Half the time they bring the safeties up for the run and then they are late getting back.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, the Defense was rated one of the best against the run, and better this year than last in pass protection. Being 8-3, it makes it difficult to argue for an in-season firing of a coach. Winning cures all ills, but losing makes fans see warts.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, the Defense was rated one of the best against the run, and better this year than last in pass protection. Being 8-3, it makes it difficult to argue for an in-season firing of a coach. Winning cures all ills, but losing makes fans see warts.
I have been on this since last year. I truly believe he is a product of our defensive players ability, not the other way around. Our schemes are sketch at best and players are not getting better under him

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been on this since last year. I truly believe he is a product of our defensive players ability, not the other way around. Our schemes are sketch at best and players are not getting better under him
I don't care for AG, but it should be noted outside of Sutton, every player added to the defense has been hurt, or going through rookie growing pains.

I think defense is better with a different coordinator, but injuries made this basically the same group, only without Houston to generate pressure opposite Hutch. Tough spot to be in.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your response. I know you’ve been consistent in your opinion on AG. It’s good to see the clarification about why.

What raised my doubts about AG is moving Houston from the DE position. It seemed Detroit had a great thing going with Hutchinson on one side and Houston on the other. Now we won’t know where the Lions will try to play him until he recovers from injury.

If the Lions don’t take the North and go deep into the playoffs, I think AG is gone. If they do, then his position may be secured into next year. Then again, perhaps someone else will take a gamble on him!

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please make a mid season change DC or we are fuggered

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please make a mid season change DC or we are fuggered
Let’s say the change is made. Any guess as to who management has on the short list to replace him? Or is it just get rid of Aaron, take one of the defensive assistants and give them an in-season promotion to see if he can do better? Does Dan Campbell take over D calling duties?

Short of perfection, most of the time us fans call for someone to be fired out of frustration. The thing is, we only see what is and imagine what could be. You’ve been consistent in your desire to move on from AG; I can respect that. Certainly his unit’s ability to meet expectations has to be taken into account as this season draws to a conclusion. At nine and three (albeit not as dominating as the record implies) it’s difficult to say that AG is the problem and removing him is the solution to improving on that record. Our rival, the Vikings, did find a better DC and they seem vastly improved this year even with basically the same squad. They searched for and found the right replacement after the season ended. I’ll wait to see how this all plays out, although I’m hoping management has been vetting potential candidates for both the OC and DC.

It’s a pretty cutthroat business.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s say the change is made. Any guess as to who management has on the short list to replace him? Or is it just get rid of Aaron, take one of the defensive assistants and give them an in-season promotion to see if he can do better? Does Dan Campbell take over D calling duties?

Short of perfection, most of the time us fans call for someone to be fired out of frustration. The thing is, we only see what is and imagine what could be. You’ve been consistent in your desire to move on from AG; I can respect that. Certainly his unit’s ability to meet expectations has to be taken into account as this season draws to a conclusion. At nine and three (albeit not as dominating as the record implies) it’s difficult to say that AG is the problem and removing him is the solution to improving on that record. Our rival, the Vikings, did find a better DC and they seem vastly improved this year even with basically the same squad. They searched for and found the right replacement after the season ended. I’ll wait to see how this all plays out, although I’m hoping management has been vetting potential candidates for both the OC and DC.

It’s a pretty cutthroat business.
I dont know the answer. And most of this is out of frustration. I just hope we realize before it is too late, he is clearly not the guy

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack del Rio available now, and Matt Eberflus may be available at year’s end. I don’t follow coaches much, although I know these two have strong defensive backgrounds and head coaching experience. It seems that for both, Defensive Coordinator is where they can excel in an organization. I’m sure others will come up by year’s end.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't love Glenn, but he has spent his time devoid of talent for most of it. The secondary has been picked apart in the second half of the season, but would that still be the case with CJGJ and Mosely back there? It is undeniable that the run D has improved, so we have seen some growth.

The flip side, Hutch/Branch/Joseph/Alim/Sutton are all scheme flexible, so if we did look for another coordinator we would not be locked into a certain scheme. Shifting Alim to a 3-4 end and moving Hutch and Houston to stand up linebackers opens up some intriguing jobs. Especially if Martin grows into a solid NT option.