• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Finally played a round Yesterday

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too make it more of needing to yell fore... They were parallel fairways and the one I was on was up a huge blind hill

I don't disagree, you have to assume there are other players on the next FW, he should have yelled fore just in case. I do think it's a lot more conscious to yell fore when you actually see you might hit somebody.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps I was a little tired. But it just seemed like the ball wasn't going as far off my irons as I am accustomed too.

1st time out...you could have been a little tired especially on the back 9.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY putting SUCKED balls!!!

Finally didn't have any "pop ups" with my driver but did have a few long liners (which I am trying to do more of, not that low but lower). Granted I need a 9.5 driver, not a 10.5 that I have (I am 6'5")

Granted I think I might have gotten poison ivy..

Oh and almost got drilled in the back on the head with an arrant tee shot, oh which there was NO FORE called!

One of the toughest things when you don't play much is putting speed...if that was your problem, totally understandable.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the toughest things when you don't play much is putting speed...if that was your problem, totally understandable.

Yeah, I was short on all my puts. Granted the greens were ridiculously slow! Usually when I play I am at my parents course (9 holer) and the greens are extremely fast

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, you have to assume there are other players on the next FW, he should have yelled fore just in case. I do think it's a lot more conscious to yell fore when you actually see you might hit somebody.

Exactly. If you don't know exactly where the ball is going and it's heading towards another fairway you yell.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
golfed well last night, but I think I might have pissed off the guy who runs the league. On the next to last hole (6, since we started on 8), the guy's partner hit the ball over the green on a par 5. Everyone else got onto the green and we are waiting for him to chip up. He gets too much of the ball and it rolls past the hole but hits his partner's pitching wedge laying in the middle of the green. They joke and laugh a little, but we tell them it's a 2 stroke penalty to hit someone else's equipment like that and they got mad that we enforced a rule. I don't really get it. If the club was laying off the side of the green, I probably would have let it slide, but where it was, it was basically a backboard that slowed down a ball that was traveling pretty hot. Lame.

I mean, this isn't 'Nam. There are rules.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
golfed well last night, but I think I might have pissed off the guy who runs the league. On the next to last hole (6, since we started on 8), the guy's partner hit the ball over the green on a par 5. Everyone else got onto the green and we are waiting for him to chip up. He gets too much of the ball and it rolls past the hole but hits his partner's pitching wedge laying in the middle of the green. They joke and laugh a little, but we tell them it's a 2 stroke penalty to hit someone else's equipment like that and they got mad that we enforced a rule. I don't really get it. If the club was laying off the side of the green, I probably would have let it slide, but where it was, it was basically a backboard that slowed down a ball that was traveling pretty hot. Lame.

Yeah, if it was OFF the green and not put right in the middle like his club was then ok. But when you leave it on the middle of the green...Then I'm calling it too

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if it was OFF the green and not put right in the middle like his club was then ok. But when you leave it on the middle of the green...Then I'm calling it too
exactly. I mean, my partner and I were slaughtering them and he tried to say "come on, you guys are beating us regardless."

That's not the point, man. This factors into handicaps and it just shows how willing you guys are to shave a couple strokes by looking the other way.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. I mean, my partner and I were slaughtering them and he tried to say "come on, you guys are beating us regardless."

That's not the point, man. This factors into handicaps and it just shows how willing you guys are to shave a couple strokes by looking the other way.

exactly. If you guys were just goofing off and "having fun" then ok, a little more relaxed but you guys were playing AND keeping score!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. If you guys were just goofing off and "having fun" then ok, a little more relaxed but you guys were playing AND keeping score!
I spoke with a couple other folks from the league and agreed that it was the correct call to enforce the rule. I know it is a fun league and all, but he benefited from that club being there and it kept him from scoring a double par on that hole.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spoke with a couple other folks from the league and agreed that it was the correct call to enforce the rule. I know it is a fun league and all, but he benefited from that club being there and it kept him from scoring a double par on that hole.

yes, league night you must obey the rules. As crappy as it might be when it happens to you but still

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting the guy running the league would be looking for "favors" on rules. You'd think he'd be the last guy to do that.

The guy probably didn't intend to have his club be a help to his partner, but in golf, "intent" doesn't always matter. You did the right thing.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early rounds right after the sprinklers are done are tough. The early holes are slow and get faster as the day goes on. You never really get a feel for the speed and they're all different judgment calls.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting the guy running the league would be looking for "favors" on rules. You'd think he'd be the last guy to do that.

The guy probably didn't intend to have his club be a help to his partner, but in golf, "intent" doesn't always matter. You did the right thing.
I found that funny too

We ended up taking 6 of 8 points from them, so I am thinking he was trying his hardest to squeeze at least another point in their direction by not counting that penalty.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early rounds right after the sprinklers are done are tough. The early holes are slow and get faster as the day goes on. You never really get a feel for the speed and they're all different judgment calls.

I joined Trophy Club of Apalachee back in Feb. You might remember it. The beauty of playing the same course most of the time, you can often times gauge the speed of the greens morning, afternoon, etc. but you're right, early morning is the toughest just after they've been watered.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found that funny too

We ended up taking 6 of 8 points from them, so I am thinking he was trying his hardest to squeeze at least another point in their direction by not counting that penalty.

Huh...that even makes it worse...geeze. My response would've been are we playing golf here or what?

I know golf has a lot of rules, but so do other sports...where I come from...where most of us come from, in a pick up game of basketball you don't get to double dribble or travel and not get called on it...if they did no one would respect it as competition.

Shame on the organizer...seriously.