• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Visit Weekend (Jan. 29-31)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is final weekend for 2016 prospects to get on campus and Nebraska is making the final push with a few players going into this weekend. Here's who I have so far:

2016 Prospects

Alaric Jackson (3-Star OT) - Probably the biggest (both in size and want) visitor this weekend, Jackson is coming off of a visit to Iowa where he nearly committed to the Hawkeyes but he held off in large part because of his connection with Coach Cav. The Huskers really want to close both he and Matt Farniok and Iowa wants both of them as well. However, Iowa's space is also a bit limited at the moment. Nebraska will definitely role out the red carpet for this one.

Let me know if i'm missing anyone, and I don't think any 2017 or 18 recruits are expected to be in town.

Last edited:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis no longer coming. I think this is good news.

yep, good news as Lamar Jackson committed this last weekend silently and is waiting until next week when his video is released by Bleacher Report. Gotta like our chances... As for Simmons... if he wants to play WR badly he will come here, if he cares more about playing for a name he'll go to Clemson and play safety.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lipscomb no longer visiting either... coincides with a visit to Simmons? Not sure if it reall ymeans anything, but..... there you go

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports saying that Alaric Jackson won't be visiting... looks like an Iowa lock right now. Unfortunate as I think we would have taken both but we're not going to spend the time on him that we would on Chase Allen or Isaiah Simmons to close out the class IMO. We got who we wanted.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unnerving that we don't have a single visitor on the last weekend before the dead period and nsd, unless the rumors are true about these silent commits which means our class is full, minus one or two spots for a Fant or OL which could easily go to a walk on and should imo

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unnerving that we don't have a single visitor on the last weekend before the dead period and nsd, unless the rumors are true about these silent commits which means our class is full, minus one or two spots for a Fant or OL which could easily go to a walk on and should imo

your latter scenario is correct imo, Jackson and fitz are N which brings us to 21... Allen could be N tomorrow which would make 22... + perhaps Simmons would be 23 and room for Fant if he wants in.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Allen is a Cyclone.

He spent some of his youth in Ames and said he is a Cyclones fan from that.

Good for him, playing at a school that he is a fan of.

Speaking of which, my youngest son has also selected Iowa State but because of Academics. When God was handing out the athletic genes to my kids, they learned how to play the cello. Enough said.

My youngest son is not a fan of sports of any kind.