• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Targets

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is sitting at 19 commits right now with room for probably 5 to 6 more (though we probably end up with only about 4 or 5 more). Also interesting is the new "dead period" for recruits. Signing day is February 5th but the dead period starts today and ends January 16th basically taking away two weekends of visitations for Nebraska.

Some new names MAY pop up but not as many as did last year. So as a result what you see December 18th is likely what you hope to get come February 5th. There are three more OV weekends to work out after the dead period. Without further delay here are the names Nebraska would like to close its class out with.

1. Raymon Minor: 4-Star ATH. (Richmond, VA) Minor has long thought to be a Virginia Tech lean but for some reason he has held out on his commitment. He visited Nebraska for the Michigan State game and had a very good time. Since then Nebraska has kept on him and somehow kept him from committing to Va Tech. Another team, Miami, has now entered the picture and Minor will be visiting there in January. Nebraska wants Minor as a LB/Safety hybrid. A lot like Nate Gerry or Marcus Newby. He has the size, speed and athleticism to be an elite player at the next level. Chance of nabbing him: 33%
  2. Kalen Ballage: 4-Star ATH. (Peyton, CO) If Ballage were in any other region he would be a top list player. His speed, size and athleticism are second to none but he didn't do the camp circuit and has kept things very close to the vest throughout the process. He committed to ASU out of the blue right before his visit to Nebraska but has said himself he is a "soft" commit. He is very much in play but will likely visit ASU and Washington before deciding on signing day. It's anyone's guess right now but Ballage's relationship with Ron Brown is fantastic and he loves the coaches and the offensive style. The distance between Peyton and Lincoln and Peyton and Tempe is about the same as is the cost of flights for family. This one likely goes to signing day. Chance of nabbing him: 40%
  3. Nick Gates: 3-Star OT. (Las Vegas, NV) Gates has long been a Husker target on the offensive line, specifically as a Right Tackle. He's been to Lincoln twice and has a great relationship with both Garrison and Cotton. Nebraska sent 5 coaches to do an in-home with Gates before his Oregon trip and Garrison was back out there on Sunday when he got back from Oregon. Gates is a prospect Nebraska has poured a lot of time and resources into and him committing elsewhere would be a pretty big blow. Gates' top three are Texas A&M, Oregon and Nebraska. Nebraska is the only place he's visited twice. Crystal ball is all Texas A&M right now but their class is pretty full up with linemen as is Oregon with both having only one spot left. Nebraska has no tackles in this class and would like Gates to fill that void. Chance of nabbing him: 50%
  4. Coltin Gerhart: 3-Star ATH. (Norco, CA) Gerhart is a name that should be familiar with some people. His brother Toby was a finalist for the Heisman when he played for Stanford and is now with the Minnesota Vikings. Gerhart is committed to ASU but wants a chance at playing QB which ASU might give him but Nebraska would definitely give him. Gerhart is also good friends with former Huskers Daimien Stafford and Taylor Martinez and current Husker Drake Martinez. Gerhart visited last weekend and really enjoyed his visit. After his visit three people picked him to flip to Nebraska on 247Sport's crystal ball feature. Gerhart also plays baseball and has dreams of being the next Jameis Winston. Chance of nabbing him: 75%
  5. Kweishi Brown: 3-Star JUCO CB. (El Cajon, CA) Brown is a physical corner and Nebraska's last shot at a JUCO corner since giving up on recruiting Danzel McDaniel and losing out in a surprise on Josh Keys who chose Texas Tech over Nebraska. Brown had a great visit but really like Arizona State and will be visiting there in January. He will also be visiting West Virginia and USC. Personally I think it's between ASU and Nebraska right now and could go until signing day. Chance of nabbing him: 50%
  6. Ismael Murphy-Richardson: 3-Star DE. (Goodyear, AZ) Ismael is a name that may not be familier to some but he has the athleticism and ability to be a beast off the edge at the next level. At 6'4" 215 pounds he reminds coaches a lot of a more athletic Avery Moss coming our of High School. A kid that just has the raw athleticism to become a dominant player as he gets more coaching. Ismael didn't really put himself out there too much and didn't do the camping circuit so his grading on recruiting sites isn't very high but he screams underrated when watching his film. He has yet to visit Nebraska but the Huskers are looking to set something up in January. He visited Texas A&M and Ross Els visited with him immediately after. Chance of nabbing him: 25%
  7. Corey Avery: 3-Star APB. (Dallas, TX) Avery has long been one of Nebraska's top targets at RB. And even though Ballage is going to play RB, Nebraska would take both Avery and Ballage but would not take both Avery and Powell. The Huskers are sitting pretty well with Avery right now and have set up a visit with the young man on January 18th. Nebraska is the only school outside of Texas in his final four so distance could be a determining factor in his commitment. If he likes what he sees in January he could be the next RB commit for Nebraska out of Texas. That would mak 3 in two years (Larenzo Stewart, Adam Taylor). Chance of nabbing him: 50%
  8. Eric Lauderdale: 4-Star JUCO WR. (Mission Viejo, CA) Lauderdale is a luxury for this class and would be taken in to soften the blow of losing a player like Quincy Enunwa to graduation. Lauderdale visited last weekend and said that the visit put Nebraska squarely in the conversation for his services but it still looks like he's a warm weather cat. Lauderdale's other choices are Oregon, ASU, and Florida. Florida seems to be getting the most pub here but Nebraska is making a strong push. Chance of nabbing him: 20%
  9. Kevin Bronson: 3-Star DE. (Delray Beach, FL) Bronson has burst onto the recruiting scene in his senior year and has seen his list of offers grow from just a few to 22 over night. Bronson's recruitment is really just getting started and Nebraska has an opportunity to impress the DE in their bowl game on the Jan. 1st. I don't think Nebraska would have room to take both Bronson and Ismael so it could be first come first serve. Bronson is a bit more polished than Ismael and more ready to compete (6'4" 230 lbs) right away but he's slighty less athletic (but not much). Bronson will be visiting Nebraska on January 31st but he is visitng Virginia Tech and South Carolina in the week's prior. South Florida and Miami are in there as well. Chance of nabbing him: 35%
  10. Denzel Ward: 3-Star OT. (Chicago, IL) It is no secret that Nebraska missed on their biggest targets at offensive tackle in this class... namely Brian Wallace. However Nebraska recently offered Denzel Ward, a former Purdue and former Michigan commit. Ward is a B1G guy and has been committed to two B1G schools throughout the process. When Nebraska offered Ward cancelled his visit to Oklahoma and will presumably set one up to Nebraska. Syracuse and South Florida are in the mix as well but it looks like Nebraska has a chance to nab him IF they get him to visit which I am assuming they will. Chance of nabbing him: 65%
  11. Brandon Powell: 3-Star RB. (Deerfield Beach, FL) Powell has long been a Miami commit but Nebraska has kept on him and got him to visit in September. He views himself as a "faster" Ameer Abdullah, and if you've seen his filme he definitely fits the mold. Powell has taken all of his visits and will make a "final" decision come signing day. There have been whispers that Nebraska is definitely in the race here but I'd be surprised if he signed with anyone other than Miami come Feb. 5th. Chance of nabbing him: 10%

I'm sure more will arise as others fall off of the board, but going into the final dead period I do believe this is what the list looks like. Nebraska would like to get half of these guys on board, though I think they would only take one of either Avery or Powell.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward just set up a visit to Lincoln on Jan. 24th.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do doubt these are our final targets tho..

We also seem to pick up an ameer abdullah that nobody heard of til january

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do doubt these are our final targets tho..

We also seem to pick up an ameer abdullah that nobody heard of til january

As I said, other names will likely come forward, senior film is coming out every day. We'll see.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI... Sean Callahan from HuskerOnline is predicting that Gerhart will flip from ASU to Nebraska at some point soon here.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI... Sean Callahan from HuskerOnline is predicting that Gerhart will flip from ASU to Nebraska at some point soon here.

Ballage should take note of this

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballage should take note of this

Getting those two would round this class out very nicely... and Gates. But we desperately need another CB in this class. Even if it's a senior eval guy that no one has ever hear of.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player: Eric Lauderdale
Hometown:Mission Viejo, CA
School:Saddleback College
Position:WR
Height:6'2"
Weight:200
40 time:4.47
Offers:Florida, Tennessee, ASU, Washington, Arkansas, Cal, Miami, Wisconsin, Houston, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska

Info taken from HB.com

He said he thinks he can come in an play Qs role. but i was wondering nut if he is interested in plating D

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player: Eric Lauderdale
Hometown:Mission Viejo, CA
School:Saddleback College
Position:WR
Height:6'2"
Weight:200
40 time:4.47
Offers:Florida, Tennessee, ASU, Washington, Arkansas, Cal, Miami, Wisconsin, Houston, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska

Info taken from HB.com

He said he thinks he can come in an play Qs role. but i was wondering nut if he is interested in plating D

No, he's a WR through and through IMO. I don't think he would commit to a school if they even hinted at the possibility of moving him to CB. Would be nice, but i'm also not sure you take a guy that's been a reciever all his life and try to make a position switch with only two years to work with. Believe it or not if he came here I think he starts day 1 in Qs spot.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Gerhart recommitted to ASU. They offered him a QB spot

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nut is neb really not ranked in the espn top 40 classes right now???

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So flowers???

Go offered by Florida, if he was going to flip to Nebraska, I doubt he does now.

and BlkFlg... right now we are not in the Top 40 for ESPN

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3