• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Grade: 49ers Draft

Final Grade: 49ers Draft

• A

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • B

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • C

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we're about to see if we're hitting on the "Redshirts" looks like Tank will be our first of many candidates to prove this approach is the correct one.

Cant wait, also interested in what latt does. I think this is a great way to go. Get 1st and 2nd rd talent in rounds 4-7. Not bad.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not completely disagreeing with you but I will say the roster is good enough to win now.

If CK takes a step forward in his development and the offensive staff improves in the passing aspect of our offense we are easily in the top 3 of teams in the league.

I do think we should've been more aggressive and tried to grab a guy like Beckham or Cooks who could've added a much needed element of speed to our offense but other than that there really wasn't a lot of guys that would've walked in to be day 1 starters and had a major impact.

We been a Top 3 team in the league for the last couple of years. Last year we were #2.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't everyone everyone throwing darts hoping to hit? I'm disappointed Reaser is expected to be out for the year. It seems Baalke has taken the path of being relevance rather than the go all in approach. I didn't read through the thread but what would you have done? Trade up for Gilbert?

Well when Dennard fell I thought that was our shot to grab a very good CB. Ward pick came out of no where kind of like the AJ pick a couple of years ago. Lets hope this turns out better.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait, also interested in what latt does. I think this is a great way to go. Get 1st and 2nd rd talent in rounds 4-7. Not bad.

value wise yes... we were a team(except Carradine was a 2nd rd pick(more urgency vs others)) that could afford making these type of selections due to the amount of quality starters we had at that moment in time...

for a team on the "cusp" (3 years going), an abundance of draft picks, they should've made a powerplay move to get them over the top.

sooner or later, we'll start seeing the Harbaalke roster in its entirety when the previous regime's players start calling it quits or at the end of their respected careers.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But at some point we need players to contribute NOW. We're not a rebuilding team just looking to fill the depth chart and have red-shirted potential on the bench every year. We're on the cusp of winning a Superbowl, and with the picks we had I though we could've maneuvered to grab a few guys that can help us with that.

Even Carlos Hyde, who's the most ready to help TODAY, will be battling to get on the field with two or three other RBs. And all the DBs - Ward, Johnson, Acker, and Reaser. Are we just throwing darts at the board hoping one would hit the target?

Outside of Ward, yes. Absolutely. And frankly, it's not a terrible way to address the later rounds of a draft, particularly at a position where the cupboard is pretty bare.

Everyone talks about how good Schneider is at working the later rounds. No one mentions the fact that EJ Wilson (4th), Dexter Davis (7), Jameson Konz (7), Kris Durham (4), Mark Legree (5), Lazarius Levington (7), Jaye Howard (4), Winston Guy (6), Chris Harper (4), Ryan Seymour (7), and Ty Powell (7) are no longer even on the 90-man roster. Schneider has had an outright bust pick in the 4th every year he's been GM, but it's not that big of a deal because everyone has late-round busts. If you can land one legitimate contributor from the 4th or 5th round on each year, you're doing better than most.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's the only thing I was thinking. Obviously none of us are there in the war room and we'll never know exactly what the thought process was but going in with 11 picks I was hoping for no more than 7 players, and we ended up with 12. It's just a clusterfuck right now, especially at the DB position.

But we don't have any established players there, so why not just bring in a lot of bodies and see what happens? If we had loaded up at WR after adding Johnson, that wouldn't make much sense to me. But this year, it's entirely possible - if not particularly likely - that a late-round rookie could start for us.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not completely disagreeing with you but I will say the roster is good enough to win now.

If CK takes a step forward in his development and the offensive staff improves in the passing aspect of our offense we are easily in the top 3 of teams in the league.

I do think we should've been more aggressive and tried to grab a guy like Beckham or Cooks who could've added a much needed element of speed to our offense but other than that there really wasn't a lot of guys that would've walked in to be day 1 starters and had a major impact.

Yeah, I don't see many players who would have had an instant impact for this team. Going into the draft, Martin had as good a chance as anyone, and we got him (arguably one of the more polished centers could have started sooner, I suppose). Given the learning curve for rookie CBs, I'm not sold that any of the guys taken before we picked would have made a positive impact right away. And Johnson will probably have more impact than Beckham or Cooks would have in year one.

If we're talking about instant impact, I think a team this deep would have had to look in FA. We're a very good, very deep team that didn't lose much in the offseason. I like the way the team is approaching things, trying to sustain a long push for the SB. We'll have to wait and see if it's effective. Too many teams have tried to make a big push, come up empty, and hurt themselves for the future to suit my tastes.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Was looking for somewhere to post this, and here seems better than any other place. Looks like they're trying Breslin at ILB.

Incumbents Michael Wilhoite and Nick Moody as well as undrafted free agents Shayne Skov and Morgan Breslin round out the inside linebacking corps.

Chris Borland Takes Reps after Patrick Willis at LB

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final draft grades: Bucs, Giants, Texans earn top marks - NFL - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Look at this one: This is what he said about the 49ers.
San Francisco 49ers
Best pick: I like fourth-round running back Kendall Hunter. He adds speed and quickness.
Questionable move: Passing on Blaine Gabbert and then trading up to get Colin Kaepernick. They will now be linked together in 49ers draft history.
Third-day gem: Tackle Daniel Kilgore, their sixth-round pick, will move to guard and be a quality backup in their rotation.
Analysis: They better hope Aldon Smith turns into DeMarcus Ware and Kaepernick is better than the QBs taken ahead of him. That was risky passing on a quarterback at No. 7.
Grade: C+

well 49ers now have both QBs and 49ers did hit a home run with A. Smith and Kap is the best QB in that class.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you will see it on 'obvious passing downs', but wouldn't expect it to be much more. they'll increase 3 wide but that doesn't mean a lot? it doesn't mean a lot because our reference point is low. we must've ran 3 wide one of the least in the NFL?

what do you consider a lot, increasing it by 10%, by 20%, other?

I think this will increase a lot, if you have 3 stud WR's then we will use all 3 of them. This may become our base formation

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think this will increase a lot, if you have 3 stud WR's then we will use all 3 of them. This may become our base formation

wow! well ok, that is your opinion and so it goes.

we'll see more 3 wides no doubt, but not much more than the last three years. we must be one of the lowest in the NFL right now, so when we do see it, guess it'll appear a lot? :-)

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we'll see more 3 wides no doubt, but not much more than the last three years. we must be one of the lowest in the NFL right now, so when we do see it, guess it'll appear a lot? :-)

I think it all comes now to health. If Crabtree, Boldin, and Johnson are all healthy, than the skies the limit on 3 WR sets. If one of them is hurt than we are back in the same boat as last year. (Unless of course Patton develops very quickly)

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gotta keep in mind that McDonald should also be improving, and the coaches may want to get him out on the field. I don't see us using three WRs as our base set. Davis clearly isn't coming off the field very often. And we love using Miller and McDonald. If either of those guys is on the field, we almost certainly won't have three WRs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true about McDonald. I hope he looks better this year if not u can say Bust Pick.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I remember seeing an article with quotes from the coaching staff (Harbaugh himself, I beleive) that stated they were planning on using the three WR look far more often in the upcoming season...

And that was before they even added Stevie Johnson...