• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fiesty Red Sox come back again, Yankees blow 2 leads, & Brooklyn hates Joos

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahahahhahahahha

Damon says Yankees' '09 title tainted

Johnny Damon says Yankees’ ’09 title tainted if Alex Rodriguez was using PEDs

Johnny Damon, who helped the Yankees win the 2009 World Series four years after leaving the Red Sox as a free agent, said Wednesday that New York’s title would lose some of its luster if it’s proven that Alex Rodriguez was using performance-enhancing drugs that postseason.
“If that’s how he was able to hit in the postseason, like he did that year, then yeah, absolutely,” Damon said Wednesday on MLB Network Radio on Sirius XM (via the New York Daily News). “Then you start going, ‘Was anybody on [another] team cheating?’ There’s just so many different factors that determine if a team wins, and A-Rod was a huge determining factor. He played a pretty huge part.”
Along with A-Rod, Melky Cabrera and Francisco Cervelli — both suspended this week for their involvement with PEDs — were on the 2009 roster. But reliever David Robertson downplayed the impact of all three players.
“We had a good team that year,” Robertson said Wednesday in Chicago, where the Yankees were swept by the White Sox. “With or without those guys, we were going to be there. I don’t think it takes anything away from that World Series.”
Damon noted that his longtime friend has “an uphill battle to climb.”
“Alex Rodriguez has always been a great person. I think everyone who knows him, kind of just thought he’s always been misunderstood,” Damon said on Sirius. “If all these allegations are true, [Rodriguez] possibly tried to get another edge in the game. That’s a shame, ’cause he was definitely destined for the Hall of Fame, going down as one of the greatest players of all time.
“I just hope things turn out for him, just because he’s been a friend of mine since he was 14 and I was 15.”
Added Damon to the Daily News: “It’s a soap opera. It always has been with Alex. I’m just glad I get to sleep at night knowing I never got involved with that stuff.”

:laugh3::laugh3:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for you, down:

Lucchino was also complimentary of top prospect Xander Bogaerts, whose arrival in the major leagues — which will come at an unknown date — is more highly anticipated by fans than that of any other Red Sox prospect in recent memory.
So does the front office feel similarly?
“Oh yes, oh yes,” Lucchino said. “He’s the youngest player in the International League right now, and he’s doing well right now even though he’s only been there a relatively short time, and he has plenty of tools. We don’t want to overhype anyone, but if there were someone you’d be tempted to overhype, it would be Xander. He’s a massive specimen and plays the game with a lot of excitement and joy, so it’ll be great when his time comes. We’re certainly thinking he’s going to be up here at some point this year.”

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Green Bay thinks they are the class of the division. They brainwashed me"

did he forget the division includes the shitty bears, vikings and lions? why the fuck wouldnt they think they were the best?

stupid motherfucker

:lol:

He is still pissed that the Packers didn't want to pay Jennings as much as he thought he was worth so left and went to their rivals. He is probably going to be even more pissed when he has Ponder throwing passes at his ankles instead of having Rodgers good passes to him all season.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
green bay is the flagship organization of the NFC

new england is the flagship organization of the AFC

jennings and welker are bitches.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

He is still pissed that the Packers didn't want to pay Jennings as much as he thought he was worth so left and went to their rivals. He is probably going to be even more pissed when he has Ponder throwing passes at his ankles instead of having Rodgers good passes to him all season.

LOL
so true

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jennings will learn what brainwashing was all about.. he went to the vikes where they are convinced ponder is a real find at QB.. at least in Green bay he had someone that could throw him the ball.. the vikings have 3 plays.. AD left AD right and AD middle.. oops i forgot.. the punt or field goal.. so 5 plays..

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and hitting somebody is "less than" smashing a phone?

were you raised by wolves?

half the ugly population was actually raised by some sort of animal

i have no doubt he was raised by farm animals, not wolves.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WORCESTER — The jury in the Worcester Superior Court trial of a Northbridge couple charged with sexually abusing two children in their care is scheduled to resume its deliberations Thursday.

Joseph Mayotte, 50, and his 49-year-old wife, Linda Mayotte are each under indictment on charges that include child r*pe, child r*pe aggravated by age difference, indecent assault and battery on a child, indecent assault and battery and assault with intent to r*pe.

The jury of seven women and five men began its deliberations shortly after 3:30 p.m. Wednesday and was excused for the night by Judge Richard T. Tucker shortly after 4 p.m. without having reached a verdict.

Mr. Mayotte stands accused of sexually abusing a girl over a five-year period beginning in 2004, when the girl was 8. He denied the allegations from the witness stand.

His wife is alleged to have initiated a two-year sexual relationship with a boy beginning in 2005, when he was 13. Mrs. Mayotte testified that she was raped by the teen.

A stipulation read to the jury said that Mrs. Mayotte's accuser, now 21, was the father of a baby boy she gave birth to on Jan. 16, 2008.

The crimes the Mayottes are accused of committing allegedly occurred in the couple's home at 67 Laura Lane in the Whitinsville section of Northbridge. Some of the charges against each of them are based on the prosecution's theory that they acted together as joint venturers.

The jury began its deliberations after hearing closing arguments by lawyers for the prosecution and defense and Judge Tucker's instructions on the law.

Mr. Mayotte's lawyer, Christopher P. LoConto, told the jury in his final summation that the prosecution's case against his client was based solely on the testimony of his alleged victim, who is now 17.

"I suggest to you that she's not credible," Mr. LoConto said of the girl. He accused her of providing "conflicting accounts over and over and over again."

He reminded the jury that in 2007, when police and child welfare advocates visited the home in response to a report that the girl had told a friend Mr. Mayotte was sexually abusing her, the girl denied not only that she had been abused, but also that she had told her friend she had.

Mr. LoConto said there was no physical, medical or forensic evidence to back up the girl's 2009 sexual assault allegations against his client.

Mrs. Mayotte "is not a rapist. Linda Mayotte was the one being raped," said her lawyer, Laurel A. Singer, in her closing argument.

Ms. Singer told the jurors that Mrs. Mayotte's accuser "says nothing until Linda goes to the police and accuses him of stealing jewelry," an allegation that she said could have led to a larceny charge and and a state prison sentence.

Ms. Singer referred to her client's testimony that the teen had repeatedly threatened to tell police she was sexually abusing him if she did not submit to his sexual advances.

"All he had to do was cry r*pe, and ladies and gentlemen, that's exactly what he did. That's exactly what happened," Ms. Singer said.

"Joseph Mayotte kept Linda Mayotte's secrets and she kept his," Assistant District Attorney Cheryl R. Riddle told the jury in her closing.

"Where is the motive to lie in this case? That is one of the first things you should ask yourselves," the prosecutor told the jury.

Ms. Riddle attacked the Mayottes' credibility and accused Mrs. Mayotte of "manipulating everyone and trying to outsmart everyone until now." She described the alleged victims as "extraordinarily vulnerable children" and said the credible evidence in the case showed they were sexually abused by Mr. and Mrs. Mayotte.

where's charles ramsey when you need him???

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jennings will learn what brainwashing was all about.. he went to the vikes where they are convinced ponder is a real find at QB.. at least in Green bay he had someone that could throw him the ball.. the vikings have 3 plays.. AD left AD right and AD middle.. oops i forgot.. the punt or field goal.. so 5 plays..

Yep, Just think how scared shitless Ponder would be back there if he didn't have the best running back in the NFL to hand it off to and take a ton of the pressure off him. What would he do if had the mediocre RB's the Packers have had for a while now

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and hitting somebody is "less than" smashing a phone?

were you raised by wolves?

he did a lot more than smash a phone

automatic ejection for arguing balls and strikes.

anything after that, coming back onto the field and having to restrained so you dont attack the ump, killing two phones, etc, is extra.

"This is my fucking at bat."

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
half the ugly population was actually raised by some sort of animal

i have no doubt he was raised by farm animals, not wolves.

poor cocktagon.

judging the attractiveness of other men is so jeteresque.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wasn't judging. i was assuming your as fugly as black francis.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did a lot more than smash a phone

automatic ejection for arguing balls and strikes.

anything after that, coming back onto the field and having to restrained so you dont attack the ump, killing two phones, etc, is extra.

"This is my fucking at bat."

so you got nothing...and still believe punching a fellow player is "less than" smashing a phone...an inanimate object...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porcello got 6 for hitting somebody

It was reduced to 5 games, which is equivalent to 1 game for a starting pitcher...and it was served over the all star break so he was only pushed back a day...

"hitting a player is "far less" than hitting a bullpen phone"

Really?

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was reduced to 5 games, which is equivalent to 1 game for a starting pitcher...and it was served over the all star break so he was only pushed back a day...

Really?

its far less than the tantrum he threw after his at bat was stolen from him

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?

im still shaking my head too man

thats just poor trolling on his part