• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fiesty Red Sox come back again, Yankees blow 2 leads, & Brooklyn hates Joos

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why the fuck would you post a picture of oprah?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 325,063.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you_got_owned-3471.gif

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fishermen engage in epic battle with 920-pound tuna in Massachusetts' Gloucester Harbor

giant_tuna_fullwidth_620x350.jpg

A 920-pound tuna is seen after being reeled in from Massachusetts' Gloucester Harbor in this undated picture provided by Gregg Looney. / Photo courtesy Gregg Looney via WBZ-TV

BOSTON It was the catch of a lifetime. Three fishermen engaged in an epic battle with a 920-pound tuna on their line, the largest one to come into Massachusetts' Gloucester Harbor this year, CBS Boston station WBZ-TV reports.

When they realized what they had hooked into, the adrenaline started flowing. It was a monster tuna, 9 feet long and more than 900 pounds, fighting for his life.
(Watch their story at left)
The outcome was far from certain for three, long, shoulder-wrenching hours.
"It was crazy," Michael St. Jean, one of the anglers, told WBZ-TV. "We were on the reel 10, 15 minutes. Your arm went. You could not even move your arm 10, 15 minutes into it, and you're looking for the guy behind you to take your place."
They each took turns fighting the fish that just wouldn't give up.
"When you watch the tuna shows and stuff, they're always two hours into it, and they lose the fish," said Allan Gourley. "So I think all of us are like, I do not want to be the guy on the rod when that fish comes off."
And at one point, it looked bad.
"The reel was heating up, and then it actually broke the reel at one point," Gregg Looney said.
But after a true battle, they had it.
"I just thought, this is amazing," said Gourley. "I can't believe that it actually happened to us because it's just like a once in a lifetime gift."
And now the friends are turning into celebrities of sorts.
"I'm getting phone calls from people I don't even know," St. Jean said.
And the rest, as they say, is fishing history.
"What it did was it ruined us because now we're going to go out, we're never catch a fish like that again," St. Jean said.
The boat the friends were on has been featured on the reality TV show "Wicked Tuna," but the only video that captured the battle is the one the fishermen shot themselves. No word on whether it will make it on the show.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
white-people-dancing.gif

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
white-people-dancing-gifs-9.gif

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happened to "hammer tales"?

that died fast :whistle:

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juice.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 325,063.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. A tuna. I'm surprised those heroic mariners survived the encounter.

In NYC, we have to worry about sharks on the subway:

shark-on-subway-photos.jpg

Early this morning a small, dead shark was spotted on the Queens-bound N train. [Please point out in the comments how it's currently Shark Week it'll be just hilarious.] Tipster Mary M. sent us some photos, noting that the shark was there when she got on at 34th Street just after midnight.
"I board a car that's not terribly full and as soon as I enter, a stench hits my nose. It's not the typical urine/trash smell, it's...fishy? I look down to the end of the car to see a dead shark on the floor. I think I stood there for a good minute just staring, thinking 'Is this for real?! Oh come ON, NYC!' One of my fellow passengers remarked 'I've been riding the subway for 15 years, and this is the weirdest thing I've seen. And I've seen EVERYTHING.' The train filled as we made our way to Astoria, every new passenger was getting excited about it. Once we got to Queensboro Plaza, an MTA employee made all of us move to another car."
Mary did not see who dumped the shark there, but surely someone saw something? Email us if you witnessed this scenario play out. In the past we've seen people selling baby sand sharks right out of buckets on the subway, and this looks to be a similar shark.
We've reached out to the MTA to see how they go about discarding something like this, and a spokesman cracked wise (and inaccurately described a shark as a "mammal"):
"Live sharks are wrangled by Shark Maintainer IIs, who have passed the qualification test and have minimum three years in the Shark Maintainer I title. Dead ones are handled by Shark Maintainer Is, or if none are available on that shift, then by Aquatic Mammal Handler IIs."
Check back later today for our exclusive interview with the MTA's Chief Aquatic Mammal Handler II.
UPDATE: The MTA confirms the shark was real, and tells us, "The conductor on this N train reported the shark to the control center at 12:34 am. The conductor moved everyone out of the car at Queensboro Plaza, and when the train arrived at the end of the line at Ditmars Boulevard, a Train Service Supervisor placed the dead shark in a garbage bag and disposed of it in the trash. The Road Car Inspector at Ditmars made sure the car was clean and returned it to normal service."
UPDATE II: This guy gave the shark a cigarette and MetroCard

article_ff912a9a8d45b243_1375905701_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. A tuna. I'm surprised those heroic mariners survived the encounter.

In NYC, we have to worry about sharks on the subway:

shark-on-subway-photos.jpg

Early this morning a small, dead shark was spotted on the Queens-bound N train. [Please point out in the comments how it's currently Shark Week it'll be just hilarious.] Tipster Mary M. sent us some photos, noting that the shark was there when she got on at 34th Street just after midnight.
"I board a car that's not terribly full and as soon as I enter, a stench hits my nose. It's not the typical urine/trash smell, it's...fishy? I look down to the end of the car to see a dead shark on the floor. I think I stood there for a good minute just staring, thinking 'Is this for real?! Oh come ON, NYC!' One of my fellow passengers remarked 'I've been riding the subway for 15 years, and this is the weirdest thing I've seen. And I've seen EVERYTHING.' The train filled as we made our way to Astoria, every new passenger was getting excited about it. Once we got to Queensboro Plaza, an MTA employee made all of us move to another car."
Mary did not see who dumped the shark there, but surely someone saw something? Email us if you witnessed this scenario play out. In the past we've seen people selling baby sand sharks right out of buckets on the subway, and this looks to be a similar shark.
We've reached out to the MTA to see how they go about discarding something like this, and a spokesman cracked wise (and inaccurately described a shark as a "mammal"):
"Live sharks are wrangled by Shark Maintainer IIs, who have passed the qualification test and have minimum three years in the Shark Maintainer I title. Dead ones are handled by Shark Maintainer Is, or if none are available on that shift, then by Aquatic Mammal Handler IIs."
Check back later today for our exclusive interview with the MTA's Chief Aquatic Mammal Handler II.
UPDATE: The MTA confirms the shark was real, and tells us, "The conductor on this N train reported the shark to the control center at 12:34 am. The conductor moved everyone out of the car at Queensboro Plaza, and when the train arrived at the end of the line at Ditmars Boulevard, a Train Service Supervisor placed the dead shark in a garbage bag and disposed of it in the trash. The Road Car Inspector at Ditmars made sure the car was clean and returned it to normal service."
UPDATE II: This guy gave the shark a cigarette and MetroCard

article_ff912a9a8d45b243_1375905701_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

that was someones forgotten dinner

or sexual enhancer

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

pooooor pickles

shame on these faggy eagles

Eagles DB: Tom Brady, Patriots tried to ‘bully’ us in joint practices

08.08.13 at 2:13 pm ET
Brady_Tom-Patriots-head-12.jpg
Tom Brady

While players and coaches on both sides were happy with the three joint practices between the Patriots and Eagles this week in Philadelphia, Eagles cornerback Brandon Boykin didn’t share in that assessment.
After quarterback Tom Brady and the New England offense put up an impressive outing against the Philadelphia secondary on Tuesday, Boykin told Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia he felt the Patriots tried to “bully” the Eagles.
“I can speak for the whole team. I felt like [on Tuesday], honestly they came out with this attitude to try to bully us,” Boykin said. “And even though it’s practice, it’s always still a game tempo. I think as a team — and obviously I can speak for myself — I wanted to try to set the tone on myself as an aggressive person and just make plays.”
The Patriots and Eagles will meet in the preseason opener for both teams Friday night in Philly.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah

it was a poor attempt to get zigs site riled up

if he had something he would have shared it by now

hes full of ish

Yep, you should stick with that. Forget he ever said anything.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much is a 900lbs tuna work to the asians?