• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Felix Hernandez 12 Wins Over/Under

Win total 12

• Total voters

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say they should’ve let him start opening day. If this organization can allow Ichiro to take 1 AB then what is the big deal just doing a token gesture in his last season?

IMO, it's because they gave it to him last year, and he really hasn't proven that they should give him a token opening day start again. Especially if reports are true that he is uncoachable.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it's because they gave it to him last year, and he really hasn't proven that they should give him a token opening day start again. Especially if reports are true that he is uncoachable.

Sure, but they are speaking outside of both their mouths by showing Ichiro more respect by letting him get an AB and to me Felix was far more instrumental in the Mariners than Ichiro. The opening day starter (especially in this season) is just a ceremonial thing. Doesn’t mean he is the ace or anything because they get to reset the whole rotation after the Japan trip and they are punting on this season.

I’m not advocating he deserves it or whatever but not saying he is at least gets the home opener just seems like unnecessary slap in the face especially since IMO no one has really shown through spring training they deserve to unseat him unlike how Paxton actually gave them a legit option for not just given the token start.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but they are speaking outside of both their mouths by showing Ichiro more respect by letting him get an AB and to me Felix was far more instrumental in the Mariners than Ichiro. The opening day starter (especially in this season) is just a ceremonial thing. Doesn’t mean he is the ace or anything because they get to reset the whole rotation after the Japan trip and they are punting on this season.

I’m not advocating he deserves it or whatever but not saying he is at least gets the home opener just seems like unnecessary slap in the face especially since IMO no one has really shown through spring training they deserve to unseat him unlike how Paxton actually gave them a legit option for not just given the token start.

Personally, last season was the first time they showed anything but love for Felix when they sent him to the bullpen for a little bit. I would hate for them to go back to rewarding him for nothing. If he wanted to start opening day, then he'd have found a way to make it more than just a ceremonial thing, and show that he was at least still a middle rotation guy - not a guy in the rotation because he makes to much to not be.

As for Ichiro, as much as I think Ichiro was selfish in his play - he's a future hall of famer for what he did in Seattle - Felix will not be. So, saying that Felix was more important to Seattle than Ichiro is just false to me - and I personally like Felix a whole lot more than Ichiro.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, last season was the first time they showed anything but love for Felix when they sent him to the bullpen for a little bit. I would hate for them to go back to rewarding him for nothing. If he wanted to start opening day, then he'd have found a way to make it more than just a ceremonial thing, and show that he was at least still a middle rotation guy - not a guy in the rotation because he makes to much to not be.

As for Ichiro, as much as I think Ichiro was selfish in his play - he's a future hall of famer for what he did in Seattle - Felix will not be. So, saying that Felix was more important to Seattle than Ichiro is just false to me - and I personally like Felix a whole lot more than Ichiro.

I guess we can agree to disagree with Ichiro vs Felix. Felix would be a lock for the HOF if he were half as selfish as Ichiro was.

I’m not advocating that Felix should start, I mean I think he should since the game doesn’t matter, but I just don’t understand how people are being negative towards Felix not being happy about not starting while Ichiro getting the ceremonial play when Ichiro isn’t even a top 15 OF in the organization isn’t talked about with anywhere near the vitriol that Felix is getting.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we can agree to disagree with Ichiro vs Felix. Felix would be a lock for the HOF if he were half as selfish as Ichiro was.

I’m not advocating that Felix should start, I mean I think he should since the game doesn’t matter, but I just don’t understand how people are being negative towards Felix not being happy about not starting while Ichiro getting the ceremonial play when Ichiro isn’t even a top 15 OF in the organization isn’t talked about with anywhere near the vitriol that Felix is getting.

Felix being pissed about not getting the nod on opening day is pretty much exactly what selfishness looks like. I'd say that Felix has shown his pride is just as strong as Ichiro's, and like Ichiro, people didn't care as much when he was one of the best in the league - but now he's not. It's not like he's the #2 or #3 going into the season and is upset his streak isn't gonna continue (like last year), but he's lucky to still be in the rotation as there's plenty of guys I'd rather see get experience this season than watching Felix see if he can get his ERA even higher this season before the team pulls the plug on his career. So, in essence - every time Felix takes the mound - it's a ceremonial play (unless he somehow turns his career around all of a sudden).

As for Ichiro getting the nod for a ceremonial game or more, we've had a year to get used to that idea. Hell, that was the first thought in most fans' heads when Ichiro moved from the field to the offices last year without retiring. We have all known that he was getting this AB and that it is the quintessential M's play to milk every penny out of the Japanese dollar. In the end, Felix's projected 5.00+ ERA over 15-20+ starts this season will have a much more negative impact on the team than Ichiro's .100 BA over 2-3 games.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first glimpse I thought the 12 was referring to his ERA. I almost voted over.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix being pissed about not getting the nod on opening day is pretty much exactly what selfishness looks like. I'd say that Felix has shown his pride is just as strong as Ichiro's, and like Ichiro, people didn't care as much when he was one of the best in the league - but now he's not. It's not like he's the #2 or #3 going into the season and is upset his streak isn't gonna continue (like last year), but he's lucky to still be in the rotation as there's plenty of guys I'd rather see get experience this season than watching Felix see if he can get his ERA even higher this season before the team pulls the plug on his career. So, in essence - every time Felix takes the mound - it's a ceremonial play (unless he somehow turns his career around all of a sudden).

As for Ichiro getting the nod for a ceremonial game or more, we've had a year to get used to that idea. Hell, that was the first thought in most fans' heads when Ichiro moved from the field to the offices last year without retiring. We have all known that he was getting this AB and that it is the quintessential M's play to milk every penny out of the Japanese dollar. In the end, Felix's projected 5.00+ ERA over 15-20+ starts this season will have a much more negative impact on the team than Ichiro's .100 BA over 2-3 games.

I won’t ever see Felix getting upset over it as selfish. Pride getting hurt sure, but I can’t see that is selfish. I don’t even think in one single way was that the two are compatible. Felix left millions on the table to stay with the shitty organization. Ichiro being selfish was directly responsible for Choo and Adam Jones getting dealt.

I totally get the rest of the season but this season is a throw away but as I’ve stated the organization needs to do what is best for both and eat his contract and DFA him or flat out release him. But they are in the same boat with Bruce and Encarnacion being guys who are stunted the growth of players.

And the comparison isn’t about the regular season and which guys hurts them worse. Of course Felix starting ever 5 days is worse than a 5th OF I’m just not understanding why it’s ok for Ichiro to get his one game but Felix can’t get one game then go back to his 5th spot in the rotation.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won’t ever see Felix getting upset over it as selfish. Pride getting hurt sure, but I can’t see that is selfish. I don’t even think in one single way was that the two are compatible. Felix left millions on the table to stay with the shitty organization. Ichiro being selfish was directly responsible for Choo and Adam Jones getting dealt.

I just disagree that Felix left millions on the table. His current 7 year deal has paid him more than Ichiro has made in his entire career (18 years). Before that, it was 5 years, 78 million. At the end of this season, Felix will have been paid over $221 million, by far the most ever paid to one player in team history.

As for taking less money to stay in Seattle, that is a myth by fans to make Felix look better in his early career. Felix signed a deal that paid him what Seattle submitted for arbitration in 2010 ($7.2 million) and what they would have offered in arbitration in 2011 ($11 million) in exchange for $58 million over the next 3. Seattle guaranteed him $78 million in exchange for not forcing them into the uncertainty of arbitration. So, in actuality, Felix earned no less than he would have had he gone to arbitration and the league sided with the Mariners on the salary.

I'm not sure I remember anything about what you are alluding to with Ichiro with those trades - especially Shin-Soo Choo.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just disagree that Felix left millions on the table. His current 7 year deal has paid him more than Ichiro has made in his entire career (18 years). Before that, it was 5 years, 78 million. At the end of this season, Felix will have been paid over $221 million, by far the most ever paid to one player in team history.

As for taking less money to stay in Seattle, that is a myth by fans to make Felix look better in his early career. Felix signed a deal that paid him what Seattle submitted for arbitration in 2010 ($7.2 million) and what they would have offered in arbitration in 2011 ($11 million) in exchange for $58 million over the next 3. Seattle guaranteed him $78 million in exchange for not forcing them into the uncertainty of arbitration. So, in actuality, Felix earned no less than he would have had he gone to arbitration and the league sided with the Mariners on the salary.

I'm not sure I remember anything about what you are alluding to with Ichiro with those trades - especially Shin-Soo Choo.

Felix would’ve received $228 million on one deal alone by the Red Sox or Yankees had he gone to free agency. I’m not saying he’s broke nor that the Mariners did him wrong but every single baseball person thought the Mariners got a huge steal on Felix’s current contract.

Ichiro refusing to move to CF directly led to the shitty situation with Hargrove and made Choo being expendable. Much like Varitek was expendable while Dan Wilson was a Mariner. As well as screwing up plans for Adam Jones. Adam Jones was a terrible OF because he kept switching from CF, to RF then to LF depending on Ichiro’s feelings and the organization appeasing him over caring about the heath of the franchise.

I’m not trying to turn this into a Felix/Ichiro debate on talent or meaning to the franchise I just don’t see the difference between the two situations. As well as I don’t see an issue with Felix being upset. I’d rather have a guy who gets pissed he doesn’t get to start opening day or Erik Bedard type guys or hell even Paxton who really doesn’t care.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix would’ve received $228 million on one deal alone by the Red Sox or Yankees had he gone to free agency. I’m not saying he’s broke nor that the Mariners did him wrong but every single baseball person thought the Mariners got a huge steal on Felix’s current contract.

Ichiro refusing to move to CF directly led to the shitty situation with Hargrove and made Choo being expendable. Much like Varitek was expendable while Dan Wilson was a Mariner. As well as screwing up plans for Adam Jones. Adam Jones was a terrible OF because he kept switching from CF, to RF then to LF depending on Ichiro’s feelings and the organization appeasing him over caring about the heath of the franchise.

I’m not trying to turn this into a Felix/Ichiro debate on talent or meaning to the franchise I just don’t see the difference between the two situations. As well as I don’t see an issue with Felix being upset. I’d rather have a guy who gets pissed he doesn’t get to start opening day or Erik Bedard type guys or hell even Paxton who really doesn’t care.

You're gonna have to show me links that everyone thought a 7 year 175 million dollar contract was a "steal" for the Mariners. At the time of the contract, Felix was the highest paid pitcher in MLB history. Justin Verlander signed a 7 year, $180 million contract later that same year, dropping Felix to #2. Felix's contract is still the 7th highest ever. Could he have gotten more on the open market? Maybe, but it's inaccurate to say he took a pay cut to be the highest paid pitcher in the league (at the time of his signing).

So, Ichiro causing Jones and Choo to be traded is the Jim Pressley affect. He held a position that blocked a talent you wanted to bring up, and you feel that he could've/should've found a way to make room for the younger talent. I don't think that's accurate, but I can see where you can come to that conclusion.

That said, Choo played mostly CF and LF in the Seattle minor system - so his not making it to be a full time outfielder in Seattle was more Randy Wynn, Raul Ibanez, Carl Everett and Jeremy Reed than Ichiro. Choo would settle into RF, but Choo didn't play more than 41 games in a season in RF his entire time in the Seattle system, but had over that 3 times in LF and 4 times in CF. Seattle could have gotten him into the lineup without moving Ichiro to CF, if they had wanted to.

Jones never really moved around the outfield more than any other prospect after he was moved from SS to CF. Jones played 1937 of his 2253.2 OF innings in CF from 2005-2007. That's 86% in one position, so there wasn't much shuffling him around to hamper his development in CF. Besides, I don't look back at trading Jones away as a big loss.

Ichiro didn't have much, if anything, to do with Choo and Jones not becoming lifelong members of the Mariners. Even if he did, Ichiro was a superstar, and the Mariners have always catered to their superstars (Griffey, Rodriguez, Johnson, Ichiro, Felix, etc.), and was no worse than Felix demanding to be treated like an ace when he's performing like a single-Aer.

I understand what you're saying, but the Ichiro and Felix situations are very different. I'd possibly agree with you if Felix announced he was going to retire after the honor of pitching in the opening day game, but that's not going to happen. Reports are that he's not willing to work with the team or the coaches, and as such, why should the team work with him. Ichiro on the other hand, is being paid a speck of a fraction of what Felix is, and he's planned to only make a small number of appearances, and does not expect to take a roster spot for the entire season. Ichiro is planning to have significantly less than 1% of the team's total plate appearances for the season, while Felix wants to have more than 10% of the team's total IPs, as well as having an honor that the other pitchers on the team may want to have.

I am not an advocate for Ichiro. I thought he was self centered in his play, which was ok when the team was good, but became an issue when the talent around him dwindled. I wanted him traded 3-4 years before the Mariners actually pulled the trigger, and think that it was a problem that he wasn't. But, I'm just not that upset about giving him a few plate appearances at the start of the season. On the flip side, I've always supported Felix, and even last year hoped he would turn it around, but at this point it's evident that he isn't going to without a major change in attitude and work ethic. I'm disappointed, because Felix had a promising start to what could've become a HoF career, but with how he's flaming out now I can't see him pulling it together to get there.

IF Felix is upset about not pitching on opening day - it's his own fault, as there are plenty of early 30s guys who are still dominate in the league by adjusting to age. Now, if he learns that he isn't gonna get what he wants anymore just because he is who he is, and starts working to keep himself in the league and become a viable starter again - then it's a good thing he isn't pitching. I see no downside to Felix not pitching game 1.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Felix has all the classic symptoms of, and has been suffering from "marineritis". Ownership has caudled him all along-just like they'd done with previous "stars". It's unfortunate that Felix still has a superstar attitude and apparently refuses to make the necessary adjustments to continue being a competitive mounder. I do not feel sorry for Felix. The old saying: "You reap what you sow" fits the bill for him IMO. It's too bad, but life does go on. :thumb:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Felix has all the classic symptoms of, and has been suffering from "marineritis". Ownership has caudled him all along-just like they'd done with previous "stars". It's unfortunate that Felix still has a superstar attitude and apparently refuses to make the necessary adjustments to continue being a competitive mounder. I do not feel sorry for Felix. The old saying: "You reap what you sow" fits the bill for him IMO. It's too bad, but life does go on. :thumb:

Agreed... Felix isn't going to feel sorry for me if I was DFA's by my company....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're gonna have to show me links that everyone thought a 7 year 175 million dollar contract was a "steal" for the Mariners. At the time of the contract, Felix was the highest paid pitcher in MLB history. Justin Verlander signed a 7 year, $180 million contract later that same year, dropping Felix to #2. Felix's contract is still the 7th highest ever. Could he have gotten more on the open market? Maybe, but it's inaccurate to say he took a pay cut to be the highest paid pitcher in the league (at the time of his signing).

So, Ichiro causing Jones and Choo to be traded is the Jim Pressley affect. He held a position that blocked a talent you wanted to bring up, and you feel that he could've/should've found a way to make room for the younger talent. I don't think that's accurate, but I can see where you can come to that conclusion.

That said, Choo played mostly CF and LF in the Seattle minor system - so his not making it to be a full time outfielder in Seattle was more Randy Wynn, Raul Ibanez, Carl Everett and Jeremy Reed than Ichiro. Choo would settle into RF, but Choo didn't play more than 41 games in a season in RF his entire time in the Seattle system, but had over that 3 times in LF and 4 times in CF. Seattle could have gotten him into the lineup without moving Ichiro to CF, if they had wanted to.

Jones never really moved around the outfield more than any other prospect after he was moved from SS to CF. Jones played 1937 of his 2253.2 OF innings in CF from 2005-2007. That's 86% in one position, so there wasn't much shuffling him around to hamper his development in CF. Besides, I don't look back at trading Jones away as a big loss.

Ichiro didn't have much, if anything, to do with Choo and Jones not becoming lifelong members of the Mariners. Even if he did, Ichiro was a superstar, and the Mariners have always catered to their superstars (Griffey, Rodriguez, Johnson, Ichiro, Felix, etc.), and was no worse than Felix demanding to be treated like an ace when he's performing like a single-Aer.

I understand what you're saying, but the Ichiro and Felix situations are very different. I'd possibly agree with you if Felix announced he was going to retire after the honor of pitching in the opening day game, but that's not going to happen. Reports are that he's not willing to work with the team or the coaches, and as such, why should the team work with him. Ichiro on the other hand, is being paid a speck of a fraction of what Felix is, and he's planned to only make a small number of appearances, and does not expect to take a roster spot for the entire season. Ichiro is planning to have significantly less than 1% of the team's total plate appearances for the season, while Felix wants to have more than 10% of the team's total IPs, as well as having an honor that the other pitchers on the team may want to have.

I am not an advocate for Ichiro. I thought he was self centered in his play, which was ok when the team was good, but became an issue when the talent around him dwindled. I wanted him traded 3-4 years before the Mariners actually pulled the trigger, and think that it was a problem that he wasn't. But, I'm just not that upset about giving him a few plate appearances at the start of the season. On the flip side, I've always supported Felix, and even last year hoped he would turn it around, but at this point it's evident that he isn't going to without a major change in attitude and work ethic. I'm disappointed, because Felix had a promising start to what could've become a HoF career, but with how he's flaming out now I can't see him pulling it together to get there.

IF Felix is upset about not pitching on opening day - it's his own fault, as there are plenty of early 30s guys who are still dominate in the league by adjusting to age. Now, if he learns that he isn't gonna get what he wants anymore just because he is who he is, and starts working to keep himself in the league and become a viable starter again - then it's a good thing he isn't pitching. I see no downside to Felix not pitching game 1.

I don’t have a link cause I don’t care to figure how to link but Felix was the ARod/Harper of his day at what 23 or 24 in his first shot at FA, resigned then signed again. Like I said I can’t link but everyone and their mother that was a baseball writer or analyst said it was a steal as the NY fan all but penciled him in the rotation at $250 at a minimum. The rest of that paragraph I’m not disagreeing with you as I also don’t feel Felix should get the opening start but I also wouldn’t bat an eye as this is a lost season and it is one last time much like Ichiro will have 1 last start.

I’m not trying to bash Ichiro, this will but not my intention (which I do have my admitted bias against him for getting Rohn fired.) Choo sucked donkey nuts as a CF when he tried while the organization was trying to get Ichiro to move to CF. He was expendable strictly on that. As well as Jones was the top prospect in baseball but also sucked terribly as a fielder because he went to CF, Ichiro finally caved then Jones tried RF then LF and again sucked at it.

You are 100% correct that Felix has no one to blame except himself for him not starting opening day. I guess this debate got out of hand because I truly don’t see the difference between Felix getting the token start in front of the Asian media over Marco just as I don’t care Ichiro is going to start over Santana in Japan. I just don’t get the vitriol that I’ve seen on social media, heard on the radio or the Divish article with the unnamed source hating on Felix while being ok with Ichiro. To me, 3 innings giving up 5 plus runs is no different that 0-4 with 4 AB that most of all of us on this website could put up there when it is a game that doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things and is meant to promote American baseball in the only other country that considers baseball the number 1 sport.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its laughable how people want to throw felix to the wolves and make an example out of him when the entire rotation has sucked in spring training. Your hero and opening day starter has an ERA of 10 along with wade leblanc not to mention mike leake doesnt look that great either. Felix deserves a farewell tour and unless the other 4 starters are tearing it up and all our pitching prospects are killing it in the minors and need to come up I dont see why felix cant have one of the 5 spots on the rotation.

I mean good god I remember feeling bad for the man trying to win 1-2 run games because the lineup couldnt hit the side of the barn. Felix is a hall of famer and this lousy joke of an organization that holds the longest streak of not making the playoffs of all of sports does not have any right to be releasing him.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Felix started in Japan, pitched 4 innings and gave up 5 runs.....Ichiro bombed out and Haniger was the hero with a 2 run bomb and the M's take the game by 1 run. Nobody is throwing Felix under the bus.....he crawled under it all by himself.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its laughable how people want to throw felix to the wolves and make an example out of him when the entire rotation has sucked in spring training. Your hero and opening day starter has an ERA of 10 along with wade leblanc not to mention mike leake doesnt look that great either. Felix deserves a farewell tour and unless the other 4 starters are tearing it up and all our pitching prospects are killing it in the minors and need to come up I dont see why felix cant have one of the 5 spots on the rotation.

I mean good god I remember feeling bad for the man trying to win 1-2 run games because the lineup couldnt hit the side of the barn. Felix is a hall of famer and this lousy joke of an organization that holds the longest streak of not making the playoffs of all of sports does not have any right to be releasing him.

With all do respect I completely disagree. I'm not clamoring for a release but they dont owe him anything but his paycheck right now.

This isnt about spring training stats. Comparing Marco and Leblancs spring stats to Felix to prove a point is silly to put it nicely.

This is about Felix and who he has been the last 3 years. The results aside his attitude has been terrible and disappointing. I get that he gave a lot to a franchise that didnt give much back to him most of his career. But right now he is a guy that refuses to adapt and thinks just being Felix is good enough. He isnt willing to put in the extra work or seek help from anyone to make the end of his career somewhat respectable.

Wanting Felix out of the rotation doesnt make anyone who thinks that less of a fan or someone that doesnt care about what Felix did. But good lord when does the pandering to certain players stop and winning games and building something become the focal point of this organization. Look at the Ichiro charade that still hasnt ended.

I want my baseball team run like a normal organization. I'm beyond tired of it.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all do respect I completely disagree. I'm not clamoring for a release but they dont owe him anything but his paycheck right now.

This isnt about spring training stats. Comparing Marco and Leblancs spring stats to Felix to prove a point is silly to put it nicely.

This is about Felix and who he has been the last 3 years. The results aside his attitude has been terrible and disappointing. I get that he gave a lot to a franchise that didnt give much back to him most of his career. But right now he is a guy that refuses to adapt and thinks just being Felix is good enough. He isnt willing to put in the extra work or seek help from anyone to make the end of his career somewhat respectable.

Wanting Felix out of the rotation doesnt make anyone who thinks that less of a fan or someone that doesnt care about what Felix did. But good lord when does the pandering to certain players stop and winning games and building something become the focal point of this organization. Look at the Ichiro charade that still hasnt ended.

Honestly if I were felix I would probably feel the same way after spending over a decade on this team going through like 5 different managers, 3 Gms, 9 pitching coaches and now this management wants to get on him about doing things differently? I would have that mentality of listen this is my last year here, nobody is going to want to trade for me, I am probably going to force retire after this because ill be out of work. Let me pitch this last season because apparently the goal is to tank so me stinking up the place would help the strategy. How about instead of worrying about what felix is doing managment should figure out what to do with the other 4 spots in the rotation. If Marco Gonzalez is your opening day starter who is average at best then that shows how bad of a staff you have.

I am sure all these young guys and even veterans would not want a hall of famer being stuck in the bullpen and some random out there probably not even playing that well either.

I would meet you guys half way if we were in the running some how for a wild card birth and the other pitchers are playing well and felix sucks, yeah pull him and see what else you can do but if this team is sitting in last place I dont see the need to even debate him not being out there

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With this I completely agree, but the Mariners are not run like a winning franchise. That’s all I was asking, didn’t mean a debate of tearing down people. I’m not saying Felix deserves or should really get the start, was just wondering how people feel about Ichiro getting a ceremonial start but Felix can’t be given that same thing.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this I completely agree, but the Mariners are not run like a winning franchise. That’s all I was asking, didn’t mean a debate of tearing down people. I’m not saying Felix deserves or should really get the start, was just wondering how people feel about Ichiro getting a ceremonial start but Felix can’t be given that same thing.

Its a fair debate. Maybe the difference is the fact that they just happen to be playing Tokyo and that makes it unique. But with the Mariners I cant really give them the benefit of the doubt because they haven't really earned it.
I think the difference with Felix is he has never seemed to connect with this regime and his true downfall started once the Jack Z era ended and this one started. I really think his overall attitude has soured them. They havent been shy at taking subtle shots at him.

Personally I didnt like the Ichiro thing last year and I definitely dont like it now. Felix should have to earn a spot in the rotation. If he just looks awful the first 6 weeks I really hope the plug is just pulled in some form. It will be a shame if this ending gets even worse then it already has.