• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Felix Hernandez 12 Wins Over/Under

Win total 12

• Total voters

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's going to reach it this year. I think he's going to be really bad this year and we are going to see him as a relief pitcher again and then maybe an injured, seeing as how Felix doesn't want to move to the pen.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would require a turnaround that Felix has not shown he is capable (or willing) to do for him to be able to win 12 with the team being what it is.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite my belief that W/L record is a terrible way to evaluate a pitcher, I'd be shocked if he hits double digit wins.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted 12 evenly based only if he is the starter for the real home opener. If he stays on that track, I really feel the offense and defense (minus C defensively) have been upgraded enough where if Felix ends up starting against the 3rd, 4th or 5th starter he could end up in the range even if he still is struggling.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 starts might be a better over/under seriously

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he'll get double digit wins at all...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah considering we have a few young prospects that will be ready to play at some point in the season with what we have seen so far with felix he may not have a spot in the rotation way before the all star break

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, Im not sure what their plan is for the rotation. With Kukuchi, that means maybe they run a 6 man rotation at times. Personally i hope the leash is extremely short. I assume he starts the opener in Japan and the home opener because Mariners, but still if its not working early I'm hoping they just pull the plug.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 12 it's an easy under. If you would have said 10, I would have thought about it and then went with the under.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, Im not sure what their plan is for the rotation. With Kukuchi, that means maybe they run a 6 man rotation at times. Personally i hope the leash is extremely short. I assume he starts the opener in Japan and the home opener because Mariners, but still if its not working early I'm hoping they just pull the plug.

My guess is that they aren't putting in any prospects in the rotation until they feel they are ready which puts felix at #5. If Mike Leake and Wade LeBlanc have good seasons they will try and trade them at the deadline to get some kind of return which would open up rotation spots for prospects.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted 12 evenly based only if he is the starter for the real home opener. If he stays on that track, I really feel the offense and defense (minus C defensively) have been upgraded enough where if Felix ends up starting against the 3rd, 4th or 5th starter he could end up in the range even if he still is struggling.

That's interesting. I can see that possibility but it is a stretch due to possible injuries, being yanked from the rotation due to poor performance, not even being able to pitch long enough to get credited with the win, or the now depleted bullpen blowing a start in which he would've been credited with the win.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that they aren't putting in any prospects in the rotation until they feel they are ready which puts felix at #5. If Mike Leake and Wade LeBlanc have good seasons they will try and trade them at the deadline to get some kind of return which would open up rotation spots for prospects.

I agree with Leake but I'm not sure with LeBlanc. I didn't realize he was already 34, but his contract is extremely favorable to the team so I could see them perhaps being a bit more reluctant to move him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read somewhere that one of the pitches (no pun intended) the Mariners made to Kikuchi and Boras was that they would be very careful with his workload so that he's able to ease into the routine of being a MLB starter. I'd be surprised if he pitches more than 160 or so innings.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting. I can see that possibility but it is a stretch due to possible injuries, being yanked from the rotation due to poor performance, not even being able to pitch long enough to get credited with the win, or the now depleted bullpen blowing a start in which he would've been credited with the win.

I’d say injuries ya, but being yanked I can’t see it unless the 2019 Mariners outperform expectations. This is just pure speculation but I can’t see Stanton and Co. being totally cool with 7,000 on weeknight games and 20,000 on weekends. King’s Court games still brings in revenue whether they are good or not. They got the Jay, Red Sox, Yankees series plus the Edgar tribute to make a gate profit this year. My personal opinion the only reason he was yanked from the rotation was because they were in a chase. They will probably go to a 6 man rotation but service time might come in affect this year with the Mariners if they are serious about a rebuild.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say injuries ya, but being yanked I can’t see it unless the 2019 Mariners outperform expectations. This is just pure speculation but I can’t see Stanton and Co. being totally cool with 7,000 on weeknight games and 20,000 on weekends. King’s Court games still brings in revenue whether they are good or not. They got the Jay, Red Sox, Yankees series plus the Edgar tribute to make a gate profit this year. My personal opinion the only reason he was yanked from the rotation was because they were in a chase. They will probably go to a 6 man rotation but service time might come in affect this year with the Mariners if they are serious about a rebuild.

I just posted about this on the other thread, but I don't think they know what the fuck they're doing in terms of generating revenue:

Mariners bring back the Ballpark Pass, but miss the mark

I'd actually consider subscribing to this if it had actual seats. With attendance about to plummet, a ballpark pass could be a good way of getting butts in seats. I run into people I know quite frequently at the Pen, and it's a good idea, but you really can't even watch the game from there or even get a beer without a ridiculously long wait.

I'll be interested to see if people buy into the Kings Court thing anymore. Felix is just so bad now I can't imagine there being all that much enthusiasm for it.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Leake but I'm not sure with LeBlanc. I didn't realize he was already 34, but his contract is extremely favorable to the team so I could see them perhaps being a bit more reluctant to move him.

well I think his contract being so friendly I would imagine that would make him more attractive in terms of trying to trade him. A team trying to make a run would love to have him at the back end of their rotation. Like you said he is already 34 and I think it is possible he might hit a wall and can not be worth anything at that point

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I think his contract being so friendly I would imagine that would make him more attractive in terms of trying to trade him. A team trying to make a run would love to have him at the back end of their rotation. Like you said he is already 34 and I think it is possible he might hit a wall and can not be worth anything at that point

That's true. Initially for some reason I thought he was like 5 years younger.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 starts, 95 IPs, 4 wins, 7 losses, 70 strikeouts, 4.85 ERA, 1.40 WHIP