• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Felix Hernandez 12 Wins Over/Under

Win total 12

• Total voters

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted about this on the other thread, but I don't think they know what the fuck they're doing in terms of generating revenue:

Mariners bring back the Ballpark Pass, but miss the mark

I'd actually consider subscribing to this if it had actual seats. With attendance about to plummet, a ballpark pass could be a good way of getting butts in seats. I run into people I know quite frequently at the Pen, and it's a good idea, but you really can't even watch the game from there or even get a beer without a ridiculously long wait.

I'll be interested to see if people buy into the Kings Court thing anymore. Felix is just so bad now I can't imagine there being all that much enthusiasm for it.

Ya, that’s highly dumb that they, just like the Seattle City Council/NHL think that the Seattle sports fan lives within a 5 mile radius with how they calculate things. It seems they should be more Miami Marlin oriented with the fact they have wasted nearly an entire generation of fans and within 2 years they will have the NHL and semi the XFL that will cut into their would be fan base if they don’t do things right.

I think King’s Court will still be a hit regardless of how well he does. It is kind of a happening out there no matter what the outcome.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted about this on the other thread, but I don't think they know what the fuck they're doing in terms of generating revenue:

Mariners bring back the Ballpark Pass, but miss the mark

I'd actually consider subscribing to this if it had actual seats. With attendance about to plummet, a ballpark pass could be a good way of getting butts in seats. I run into people I know quite frequently at the Pen, and it's a good idea, but you really can't even watch the game from there or even get a beer without a ridiculously long wait.

I'll be interested to see if people buy into the Kings Court thing anymore. Felix is just so bad now I can't imagine there being all that much enthusiasm for it.

Lol I read that. Allegedly this ballpark is at least double what most other teams are charging for it. If true thats pretty bad

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Servais has basically said that Felix is on his own this year... Felix unwilling to change... Seems like he's just around to collect a paycheck... If it was me, i'd want to do everything within me to redeem myself after having the worst season of my career...

Need to Know: Mariners' Félix Hernández is on his own this year

Title seems a little more harsh than the way Servais sounded on air. Either way, if he really is on his own then they need to eat his contract and release him. You can’t allow the highest paid player and former star the young guys look up to not buy in to what they are selling to the young guys who are going to be the core of the franchise.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's going to reach it this year. I think he's going to be really bad this year and we are going to see him as a relief pitcher again and then maybe an injured, seeing as how Felix doesn't want to move to the pen.

When I pitched, my three primary pitches were 4-seamer, cutter, and knucklecurve. I never threw a change up. Don't understand the nature of the pitch.

What made Felix' changeup so great was there 11mph separation between his change up and 4-seamer. But with his loss in velocity, there is only a 4mph difference between the two pitches which renders the changeup ineffective. This is what I do not understand and maybe it is because I never threw a changeup: Why can't he just throw his changeup slower to re-establish the 11mph difference?

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's going to reach it this year. I think he's going to be really bad this year and we are going to see him as a relief pitcher again and then maybe an injured, seeing as how Felix doesn't want to move to the pen.

Yes, I think year he'll be getting hammered more often than last year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy under in wins with a mid 5 era. Probably lands in the pen mid way through or lands on the IR with some mystery injury.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh crap I didn't vote based on wins and loses, I thought it was how many weeks on the DL

My bad!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I pitched, my three primary pitches were 4-seamer, cutter, and knucklecurve. I never threw a change up. Don't understand the nature of the pitch.

What made Felix' changeup so great was there 11mph separation between his change up and 4-seamer. But with his loss in velocity, there is only a 4mph difference between the two pitches which renders the changeup ineffective. This is what I do not understand and maybe it is because I never threw a changeup: Why can't he just throw his changeup slower to re-establish the 11mph difference?

I’m not sure on his changeup, but with a circle change you can change velocity off by making your circle tighter or looser on the ball. But ya, I don’t understand how his fastball, sinker and changeup are just about the same speed while he hasn’t worked on putting in a two seamer or some other pitch outside of his curveball that has movement. Do they even still throw forkballs and palm balls in the big leagues anymore?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought that a split finger fastball was the same thing as a forkball

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 runs giving up today in 3 innings... He's we'll on track this season...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why Felix is upset about not starting the season opener after posting a 16 ERA this spring.
Pretty sure they're trying to win the 1st game of the season here right?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Felix is necessarily mad. I think he is just upset with himself and is dealing with not being a "KING" anymore. It's gotta be tough for him to go from being a beloved star to becoming a "has been" in the eyes of his fans. I think that is what happens when you stay with the same team until the bottom falls out instead of either retiring or moving to another team before THAT bottom falls out--IMO :noidea:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd stick him in the bullpen, let him be a mid bullpen guy ...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think he is just upset with the reality that it is over and this season will be his last grand paycheck. I don't think even if he changed his approach he probably wouldn't be all that effective. All this happening at once and I don't think he has a good relationship with management because everyone before them would worship him but this management is looking to move on from him.

I think at this point it would benefits to buy out his contract and give his playing time to someone else

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 3 years to add new pitchers to his repertoire or try to work on what he has.

Or, perhaps he did try and it didn't work.

You can't beat father time. His arm had a good run.

Brock and Salk advocated the best thing for Felix and the team is to cut him.

That won't happen, but they'll eat $27 mill.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just putting him out their on opening day because we feel entitled or obligated would be the wrong message sent to the ball club and the fans... I'm glad they're moving forward, giving us the best opportunity to win on opening day... That's how baseball should work... You should earn it and Felix hasn't earned the right the past 3 seasons and so far he's off to a horrible start this ST...

Plus one game could make a difference when it's all said and done in the w/l column...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought that a split finger fastball was the same thing as a forkball

There is a difference in the split on the fingers. I’m not totally sure how much, I know the forkball made pitchers more susceptible to elbow injuries or fatigue.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say they should’ve let him start opening day. If this organization can allow Ichiro to take 1 AB then what is the big deal just doing a token gesture in his last season?