• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Feldman wants 3 years on his contract.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Feldman Targeting Three-Year Deal

By Steve Adams [December 5 at 9:56am CST]
ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reports that teams interested in landing the services of free agent right-hander Scott Feldman need to be in the three-year, $30MM range to get talks started ([ame="[MEDIA=twitter]408619820637102080[/MEDIA]"]Twitter link[/ame]).
Feldman enjoyed a rebound campaign in a season split between the Cubs and Orioles. The 30-year-old posted a combined 3.86 ERA with 6.5 K/9, 2.8 BB/9 and a strong 49.6 percent ground-ball rate in 181 2/3 innings. Feldman's career has been one of ups and downs as he dealt with injuries throughout his tenure with the Rangers, but he's typically been a solid arm on the field when healthy.
He and agent Matt Brown of Pro Prospects, Inc. undoubtedly have to be pleased with the way the free agent market for starting pitching has developed to date. Tim Hudson inked a two-year, $23MM contract despite the fact that he didn't pitch the final two months of the season and is entering his age-39 season. Jason Vargas, who also missed two months with injury, signed a surprising four-year contract, and the Twins overlooked Phil Hughes' lofty ERA in issuing a three-year, $24MM pact. Clearly, the price for starting pitching is high this season, which should bode well for Feldman and Brown.
Just over a week ago, it was reported that there was mutual interest between Feldman and the Orioles (who have been said to have interest in retaining him on more than one occasion) and that Feldman could sign a two-year deal with an option. That report came prior to the Hughes signing, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Feldman Targeting Three-Year Deal

By Steve Adams [December 5 at 9:56am CST]
ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reports that teams interested in landing the services of free agent right-hander Scott Feldman need to be in the three-year, $30MM range to get talks started (Twitter link).
Feldman enjoyed a rebound campaign in a season split between the Cubs and Orioles. The 30-year-old posted a combined 3.86 ERA with 6.5 K/9, 2.8 BB/9 and a strong 49.6 percent ground-ball rate in 181 2/3 innings. Feldman's career has been one of ups and downs as he dealt with injuries throughout his tenure with the Rangers, but he's typically been a solid arm on the field when healthy.
He and agent Matt Brown of Pro Prospects, Inc. undoubtedly have to be pleased with the way the free agent market for starting pitching has developed to date. Tim Hudson inked a two-year, $23MM contract despite the fact that he didn't pitch the final two months of the season and is entering his age-39 season. Jason Vargas, who also missed two months with injury, signed a surprising four-year contract, and the Twins overlooked Phil Hughes' lofty ERA in issuing a three-year, $24MM pact. Clearly, the price for starting pitching is high this season, which should bode well for Feldman and Brown.
Just over a week ago, it was reported that there was mutual interest between Feldman and the Orioles (who have been said to have interest in retaining him on more than one occasion) and that Feldman could sign a two-year deal with an option. That report came prior to the Hughes signing, however.

I hope this ends up being a case of unrealistic expectations, as I do not think that Feldman is worth that investment myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering what Nolasco and Hughes got, 3 years 30 million doesn't seem that ridiculous. 2 years 18 million, with a third year as a team option, and a 1 million buyout, I'd sign up for that right now.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering what Nolasco and Hughes got, 3 years 30 million doesn't seem that ridiculous. 2 years 18 million, with a third year as a team option, and a 1 million buyout, I'd sign up for that right now.

And I would be on board with that logic. If I thought that Feldman was in the same class as the other guys. To me, he is just a tick or two below.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would be on board with that logic. If I thought that Feldman was in the same class as the other guys. To me, he is just a tick or two below.

Maybe, I don't believe so, Nolasco has been a consistent underperformer of his rate stats for years. And Hughes is just a mess right now.

Maybe Hughes was killed by the combination of pitching in Yankee Stadium and being a flyball guy and maybe Nolsaco was a product of a bad defensive team in FLA for all those years and that is why there has always been such a gap between his ERA and FIP. Not sure I buy both of those totally though.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team wants a starting pitcher for next to nothing I heard the tigers GM was listening.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years for feldman is ridiculous btw. I could see two years, but three? Someone will be kicking themselves.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years for feldman is ridiculous btw. I could see two years, but three? Someone will be kicking themselves.

Glad to see that I am not the only one that feels this way.