• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fear the Walking Dead

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Rick/Shane situation, kinda...

Yup I was actually gonna use Rick as an example and Shane is a perfect one to go along with that.

As much as I liked Troy his character was basically completely built around Nick/Madison so he was the easier one to try and get rid of.

Plus, maybe the actor wasn't interested in returning?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, everyone there (excluding Madison since it was her dream) everyone there was either dead or understood to be dead by Madison, But then I think Strand was there too, right? There was also another character there that I couldn't remember who it was. I'm guessing maybe a season 2 guy from the hotel or something.
The guy I am talking about was the big bald dude. He was one of the militia from the ranch.

There were a few living people at the table. Strand, Daniel and Walker, off the top of my head.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming you're referring to the deal he made with the proctors, my understanding was that he was in debt or in some kind of trouble with those guys. I can't remember if it was ever explained in detail what he did to find himself in that situation but it's not hard to imagine he might have conned them or made them a promise that he intended to fulfill but his plan didn't go as expected. He wanted to save himself as well as the Clarks but had no loyalty to Daniel or the rest of the people at the dam apparently.

I have to question Nick's motive of detonating the explosives when he did. Whether he realized it was Walker or not, he suddenly had someone looking out for him and picking guys off that got too close to him. That's quite a bit of a game changer. Even if he had his mind made up that he had to die, Walker at least would have bought Nick's family more time to get away before Nick would have to push the button. From a story-telling perspective it didn't seem to really serve a purpose to have Walker there other than to develop his character a bit I suppose. I guess maybe they wanted to make him look like a bit of a hero and that he has the Clarks back after introducing him as somewhat of a villain.
I am referring to his deal with the Proctors. Why do it? He was paid up to them a few weeks back when Madison gave him the gold. Strand was free and clear. Him selling out the dam was just for shocks sake, I think.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy I am talking about was the big bald dude. He was one of the militia from the ranch.

There were a few living people at the table. Strand, Daniel and Walker, off the top of my head.

Oh right. Forgot about Walker. I knew Daniel was there but thought at the time that Madison might have believed him to do be dead or something. And yeah that bald guy was the guy I didn't recognize at all.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show is purely in 1/2 watch territory for me now. I just can't find a shit to give about any of the characters. Strand is the only character I even partially care about, and even he is too ridiculous to REALLY care about.
This. The only one I like and want to see live is Daniel. Any of the other could die and I'd be like "meh".

Madison really needs to go, everything she touches turns to shit, and she's still alive just by sheer dumb luck.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garret Dillahunt is joining the cast next season.

Kinda a big get for a show this crappy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Jenna Elfman has joined as a regular. Wow, decent sized names added. Sounds like a bit of a shakeup coming.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am referring to his deal with the Proctors. Why do it? He was paid up to them a few weeks back when Madison gave him the gold. Strand was free and clear. Him selling out the dam was just for shocks sake, I think.

I was thinking it was part to be back "in" with the Proctors and also to get Daniel killed ... hes a snake right? maybe he thought being so close to the power would keep him safe and would allow him to play some sort of long con whereby he ends up possibly seizing power himself :noidea:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just keep adding to the cast of season 4

Snagging some pretty quality tv names

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit, they've got me interested.

Seems like the cast will be back to pretty large as well. Seems like all the surviving regulars are back

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were there some more names added in the last few days? I haven’t heard anything new...

Today was the dude who played the kid in Air Bud back in the day lol.

And recently was Shannon from LOST which I didn't know til today

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garret Dillahunt is joining the cast next season.

Kinda a big get for a show this crappy.

I guess this means his character, Dr Campbell is gonna get killed off in FOX's X-Men universe series The Gifted.

Dillahunt is a fan of The Walking Dead and wanted the part of Negan.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this means his character, Dr Campbell is gonna get killed off in FOX's X-Men universe series The Gifted.

Dillahunt is a fan of The Walking Dead and wanted the part of Negan.
I get the sense his character on Gifted is not intended to be a long-term character. But even if it was, I suspect he would be able to do both if he wanted.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm getting pretty interested in watching this new season.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was kind of cool seeing Jesus, Carol, and Rick on Fear The Walking Dead even if it was just a flashback to Morgan's last few days in Virginia. It'll be interesting to see what happens next week and learn what the regular casts story is.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite 3 characters on Fear...

Morgan
John
Al

Don’t care about the others.

Sad that a season premier basically ignores all established characters on the show, but that is what Fear needed. Treat this show as a completely new show centered on the new 3 characters.