• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fear the Walking Dead

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show definitely destroys the Walking Dead in the way they handle deaths

Not everyone gets long drawn out deaths with the ones close to them like TWD makes you believe

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, it also just keeps killing all new characters

Terrible decision to kill Troy

The Troy/Nick combo was hands down the best thing this show had going

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, it also just keeps killing all new characters

Terrible decision to kill Troy

The Troy/Nick combo was hands down the best thing this show had going

In my opinion, Troy was the most interesting character they ever had on this series, and was definitely played by one of the better actors. I had a bad feeling he wouldn't survive the season but I was hoping to be wrong. I definitely didn't expect him to go out the way he did.

I thought the tension between he and Daniel would have made a great story. Daniel suspects he was behind Ofelia's death (a bit of a stretch that he seemed to piece that together so early with so little information but whatever) but had no proof and Troy was completely oblivious to that fact. After Daniel let Nick go I thought he was just pretending to believe him and that Daniel would eventually interrogate Troy and that things would get much more intense.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from killing off Troy I really liked this episode. It was much better than the TWD season 7 finale.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show has a motive problem. What was the motive for Strand to do whatever the fuck it is that he did? Story telling?

I was hoping they were just doing a reboot and killing everyone off. I am not a huge fan of the Indian dude, but I would prefer giving him a shot at carrying the show rather than sticking with the current crew.

Looking forward to next season, though, it looks like they sacked the show runner. That’s good. They named Scott Gimple the new show runner. That’s bad.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the Christmas scene, I kept singing “One of these characters is not the same. One of these characters does not belong”.

Did they just have an extra chair, and it needed to be filled?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strand: "Nick, don't touch the 2nd button."

Nick: "You mean the one that says detonate?"

I really enjoyed the season finale.....except for killing-off the best character, Troy.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They obviously killed Troy to develop Nick more with the bond they formed

But I don't think it was necessary that troy had to be the one to get him to question who his mom was turning into

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they won't be going to Texas after all judging how Nick blew up the dam.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They obviously killed Troy to develop Nick more with the bond they formed

But I don't think it was necessary that troy had to be the one to get him to question who his mom was turning into
Troy was a more interesting character than Nick. Killing him for Nicks progression would be like killing Tom Sawyer to progress the Duke’s character.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they won't be going to Texas after all judging how Nick blew up the dam.
The fact they mentioned Texas (and Houston specifically) has led a lot of people to think they will run into Abe in Houston.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy was a more interesting character than Nick. Killing him for Nicks progression would be like killing Tom Sawyer to progress the Duke’s character.

Nick is the star of the show though and it's centered on him, Madison and Alicia.

They shoulda kept the Troy/Nick tandem going but it was clearly done to alienate the main characters from each other. Who you find more interesting isn't relevant in this case.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick is the star of the show though and it's centered on him, Madison and Alicia.

They shoulda kept the Troy/Nick tandem going but it was clearly done to alienate the main characters from each other. Who you find more interesting isn't relevant in this case.
Fair enough. Rick/Shane situation, kinda...

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show has a motive problem. What was the motive for Strand to do whatever the fuck it is that he did? Story telling?

Assuming you're referring to the deal he made with the proctors, my understanding was that he was in debt or in some kind of trouble with those guys. I can't remember if it was ever explained in detail what he did to find himself in that situation but it's not hard to imagine he might have conned them or made them a promise that he intended to fulfill but his plan didn't go as expected. He wanted to save himself as well as the Clarks but had no loyalty to Daniel or the rest of the people at the dam apparently.

I have to question Nick's motive of detonating the explosives when he did. Whether he realized it was Walker or not, he suddenly had someone looking out for him and picking guys off that got too close to him. That's quite a bit of a game changer. Even if he had his mind made up that he had to die, Walker at least would have bought Nick's family more time to get away before Nick would have to push the button. From a story-telling perspective it didn't seem to really serve a purpose to have Walker there other than to develop his character a bit I suppose. I guess maybe they wanted to make him look like a bit of a hero and that he has the Clarks back after introducing him as somewhat of a villain.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the Christmas scene, I kept singing “One of these characters is not the same. One of these characters does not belong”.

Did they just have an extra chair, and it needed to be filled?

If I remember correctly, everyone there (excluding Madison since it was her dream) everyone there was either dead or understood to be dead by Madison, But then I think Strand was there too, right? There was also another character there that I couldn't remember who it was. I'm guessing maybe a season 2 guy from the hotel or something.