• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FCS Wins Over FBS Teams

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point there have to be at least 20 schools that have moved up since the divisions were renamed to FCS and FBS. Idaho is the only one that has ever dropped in that time and they will be the only team to ever drop. No other school has a president ignorant enough or an AD incompetent enough to make this decision.

If anything there really needs to be 3 divisions in D1. FBS, G5 and top tier FCS, and bottom tier FCS. People forget that 3 conferences in FCS football either play with 0 scholarships or less than 20.

And then there's one FCS team who thought all their issues at the FBS level were due to the level of competition and not due to bad coaching hires, poor facilities, and inept administrators. Nope, it's just the level of competition. Drop down and it's easy winning! Fucking morons.

Sorry....getting off topic. I'm going to go drink myself to death now.
Yeah, that whole thing at Idaho really played out weirdly, and badly. I do feel for you. I worked with a guy for many years that was a RB at Idaho. He shares your pain.

Again, I'd be entirely for splitting off the G5's and retooling that however they want, but it's not going to happen when they are getting $87m/year to split among themselves from the CFP money pool.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, look who likes shitty conversation.

It's thought provoking, and instead of being a giant fucktard, have a real discussion like some of us are. If not, see ya.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, 7 FCS teams have won games over FBS teams.

UC Davis beat San Jose State
Villanova beat Temple
Northern Arizona beat UTEP
Nicholls State beat Kansas
North Carolina A&T beat ECU
Maine beat Western Kentucky
Illinois State beat Colorado State

In 2017, 9 FCS teams won over their FBS opponents
In 2016, that number was 10
In 2015, that number was 9

Is there ever going to be a time where there is no FBS/FCS split? Will D1 Football ever just be D1 Football and encompass ALL of D1?
Nope. $$ keeps it split!! there is already a HUGE gap between G5 and P5 but yet another HUGE gap between G5 and FCS when it comes to money

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'd be entirely for splitting off the G5's and retooling that however they want, but it's not going to happen when they are getting $87m/year to split among themselves from the CFP money pool.

Yeah, money's definitely the biggest issue even if it would make more sense from the perspective of grouping similar teams together.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of the FCS having it's own set of bowl games or a tournament or something. Make it worth while for the schools and student athletes. I'm not saying the "FCS Bowl Season" has to be like the FBS, because I think there are way too many bowl games in the FBS, but make it exciting.

I think you are confusing G5 teams with FCS teams. FCS already has it's own 32 team playoff format. I'm sure they like it just fine, because they've been doing it for awhile. The C stands for Championship...as in Football Championship Subdivision....

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FCS has a 24 team playoff, which is honestly too many teams. The first round games are attended by an average of like 8k people because they occur during the week of thanksgiving when students are gone and everybody else is watching FBS rivalry week games.

Also, the first round is similar to the CBI and CIT basketball tournaments where you have to bid to host games. It's retarded.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's thought provoking, and instead of being a giant fucktard, have a real discussion like some of us are. If not, see ya.

I don't see what is thought provoking about it. They split for a reason, what else is there to say about it?

I thought it was gonna be a good thread for making fun of FBS teams losing to FCS teams or something of decent quality.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see what is thought provoking about it. They split for a reason, what else is there to say about it?

I thought it was gonna be a good thread for making fun of FBS teams losing to FCS teams or something of decent quality.

I mean if you want to make fun of those teams then that's fine. That's better than what you were doing.