• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Husker of all time

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this coming season when he is number 2 on the 3 back rotation?

dont think heisman will come calling

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landon you're right, he won't start this year, but a true sophomore in burkhead is giving Helu Jr a run for his money as of right now, and that says something. Burkhead may be biased, but he is not wrong when he says that Roy is one of the best backs in the country when he's healthy. Please god let Roy stay healthy this year.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also continue to state the fact that I was pimping burkhead on the disney boards long before we even signed him or anyone was talking about him.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might get flack for this but on Offense I have always love watching Lawrence Phillips run the ball. Still pop in DVD's from 93 through 95 just to watch the kid. KState game when Brooke was out was his best game he ever played.

Defense its a tie for me I have always love the big uglies. So it has to be Ndamakong Suh and Jason Peter.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I might get flack for this but on Offense I have always love watching Lawrence Phillips run the ball. Still pop in DVD's from 93 through 95 just to watch the kid. KState game when Brooke was out was his best game he ever played.

Defense its a tie for me I have always love the big uglies. So it has to be Ndamakong Suh and Jason Peter.

i was at the kstate game!!!

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rain the sleet and everybody on defense for kstate was gunning for Phillips. Plus the man did it with one hand and no fumbles the whole game. I have to say it was one of greatest performance from a college running back I have ever seen.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence Phillips was one of the best college running backs ever.....and in the words of popeye, "that's all i'm gonna say about that."

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LP was truely amazing. There was the top 50 NFL draft busts on ****, where several people commented he was the biggest waste of pure talent in the sport of football.

As for Burkhead...why is everyone looking past Helu? If the guy can stay healthy, he is the best back since Ahman Green Hands down.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree what Helu did on offense against VaTech last year was something else. Helu is one hell of a slasher he does remind me a little of Lawrence.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me of B Jax, excellent vision and cutting ability...but better.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely not looking past Helu. I personally believe we are going to be loaded on offense next year and everyone will be surprised. The one question mark still remains at QB of course. However, I really like I what I am reading about Kinnie and Niles competing with each other in practice to make each other better. Also both of them have thrown on 5 more pounds of muscle. Kinnie says he didn't understand how to block until the last couple games of the year last season.........I wonder how many other guys didn't know how to block...........maybe that's why it always looked like our blocking was shitty.

On a good note, I noticed much improved blocking during the bowl game for whatever reason.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I Like Suh. I like the type of player he is and what he helped do in a coaching change, helping take a struggling lost D under one coach and helping make it one of the very best D's and making it a very relevant part of a much improved program.

But right after that is Tommie Frazier. To me Frazier was the best option QB I have ever seen. He had enough of an arm so you had to respect his throwing and I never remember seeing him look to the back when he pitched the ball during an option play.

I liked Frost a lot. One of the Strongest Huskers, esp. surprising considering him being the QB. He was a pretty good QB.

I didn't get to see some of the other people mentioned due to what games got shown where I live, but they are all good.

I forget his name but I know he was an RB and played in the Orange Bowl for us. This guy I have heard never lost a yard running. I think his name starts with an M. Anyone know who that would be? And if its true?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Like Suh. I like the type of player he is and what he helped do in a coaching change, helping take a struggling lost D under one coach and helping make it one of the very best D's and making it a very relevant part of a much improved program.

But right after that is Tommie Frazier. To me Frazier was the best option QB I have ever seen. He had enough of an arm so you had to respect his throwing and I never remember seeing him look to the back when he pitched the ball during an option play.

I liked Frost a lot. One of the Strongest Huskers, esp. surprising considering him being the QB. He was a pretty good QB.

I didn't get to see some of the other people mentioned due to what games got shown where I live, but they are all good.

I forget his name but I know he was an RB and played in the Orange Bowl for us. This guy I have heard never lost a yard running. I think his name starts with an M. Anyone know who that would be? And if its true?

Which Orange Bowl. Being 47 I've sen NU in a lot of Orange Bowls.
You may be referring to Damon Benning? He was the 1996 Orange Bowl MVP.

Last year he became head coach of Omaha Northwest High School. He's got his work cut out for him there.

75013_Damon-Benning.GIF

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Red how you doing.
They brought it up on the other site. I am sure his last name started with an M.
Makovicka I think was the name. I might be wrong about it being in the orange bowl but I thought that was what I saw.
The person that mentioned this said this guy never lost a yard rushing as a Husker.
I do not know if that helps. I thought it was an amazing stat. I mean how many guys that carry the ball more than once can say that. That was the only time I had ever heard of a back never losing a yard. To always get back the the line of scrimmage or make pos yards shows a lot of heart. The person that mentioned this is probably 600 pages deep on the other site.
I tried some searches and didn't find anything that made that statement but the person that made that statement is a Husker fan and and was trustworthy.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red how you doing.
They brought it up on the other site. I am sure his last name started with an M.
Makovicka I think was the name. I might be wrong about it being in the orange bowl but I thought that was what I saw.
The person that mentioned this said this guy never lost a yard rushing as a Husker.
I do not know if that helps. I thought it was an amazing stat. I mean how many guys that carry the ball more than once can say that. That was the only time I had ever heard of a back never losing a yard. To always get back the the line of scrimmage or make pos yards shows a lot of heart. The person that mentioned this is probably 600 pages deep on the other site.
I tried some searches and didn't find anything that made that statement but the person that made that statement is a Husker fan and and was trustworthy.

Jeff Makovicka would have been around at that time, but he was a fullback. Cory Schlesinger was our starting fullback at the time and he was the man who went for 2 late TDs in the 4th quarter of the Orange Bowl vs Miami. Otherwise Lawrence Phillips carried most of the load at running back.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well then let me ask this. Does anyone know if Nebraska has ever had a Back, which ever kind, that has never lost a yard rushing?
This was something that a person brought up on the other site I was on about the middle of Bo's 1st season as HC.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When the person mentioned this person I went and did a search and watched some stuff on Utube and if I remember right he rushed 3 or 4 times in that clip and in that clip he didn't even get stopped at he line even if he did get hit there and in that clip always got at least 2 yards.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry for the lack of specific Husker knowledge. Tho I am 52 I grew up in the military and lived all over the US and 10 years in alaska. The only state that I ever saw show every game of their major school was Nebraska. Outside of Neb. it seems even when Neb was at the top in the nation you were lucky to get to watch them play once or twice a year. And usually it was the NU/OU game as that was a great rivalry against usually two of the very best teams in the country at the time.
When I went to school at Chadron State I probably saw more Husker games in one season than I did in the previous 25 years of my life. Again it was due to moving all the time in the military.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My all time favorite Husker is not even a close contest.

Mike Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!