• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fa's next season stay /go

SeanTaylor21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Out of the 6 they said they'll let walk, i don't agree with Fred Davis and Merriweather. I think if healthy Davis will be very productive. I mean the guy was on pace for a 900 yd season with 4 more games to go until he was suspended and with the "possibility" of Niles Paul making it to the next level, I would keep Davis around. Davis and Reed could be a scary tandem.

I would also put a question mark behind Merriweather depending on the development of Phillip Thomas. Now if thomas shows he can step up as a starter next year, then maybe you can cut ties with Merriwaether, but even then Merriweather would be a good depth guy depending on health.

But all in all this year will be an evaluation for a lot of the secondary. HAIL!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the 6 they said they'll let walk, i don't agree with Fred Davis and Merriweather. I think if healthy Davis will be very productive. I mean the guy was on pace for a 900 yd season with 4 more games to go until he was suspended and with the "possibility" of Niles Paul making it to the next level, I would keep Davis around. Davis and Reed could be a scary tandem.

I would also put a question mark behind Merriweather depending on the development of Phillip Thomas. Now if thomas shows he can step up as a starter next year, then maybe you can cut ties with Merriwaether, but even then Merriweather would be a good depth guy depending on health.

But all in all this year will be an evaluation for a lot of the secondary. HAIL!!
i had issues with those 2 guys too :agree:

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we really won't know until after this season is over. lot of factors at play.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Wilson resigned but at about 2 to 3 mil/season.

Biggers or Wilson...not both unless both come extremely cheap.

I'd find out if Moss wants to come back and ask him how much his best offer is from other teams. If it's less than 2 mil...I'd sign him.

I agree with all his cheapo contracts.

LFB determines if he's back. Nobody else.

Davis can walk...hopefully in a franchise trade.

I'd keep Hall but only if he's cheap like Wilson/Biggers.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way to early to tell on any of them that are not fletcher. anything could happen next season. resigning davis is an interesting topic though. if he plays well he will want a lot of money but we can win without him and we have reed paulson and paul. its basically the same discussion as last year that we talked about forever on espn.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams aren't supposed to be able to franchise tag and trade players any more per the new cba. Tagging and trading Davis probably isn't an option. If he has a good year they try to keep him.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree with the list. If Fred Davis can be productive, healthy, and out of trouble, I think you keep him. But you have to have all 3 of those things, and I don't see that happening. We've gotten away from knuckleheads with each passing year under Shanny. I'm all for continuing that trend.

The only must keep I'd say on there is Josh Wilson. I'd include Orakpo as well, but I'm guessing this price tag will be hefty and he certainly has flaws.

I'm guessing Moss might retire after this season. We'll have to wait and see.