• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fantasy pick help

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pick one QB for week 1:

Luck (@ CHI), Locker (vs NE), Russell Wilson (@ ARI)

Pick two WRs for week 1:

Marshall (vs IND), Austin (@ NYG), Randy Moss (@ GB), Blackmon (@ MIN)

Going with Locker because I figure Titans will be down at home vs. NE and he'll have to rally. CHI has tougher D, and Seahawks might just decide to unleash Marshawn Lynch against Arizona and not ask Wilson to do much at QB.

Marshall is a lock. So far going with Blackmon because he lit it up in preseason and he's not injured and MIN pass D sucks. I want to put in Austin but he's coming off a hamstring injury, and I also like Moss @GB but Moss did jack in the preseason so I don't know what I'm going to get.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't change your starters. If you don't mind me asking how many teams in your league and who are your other players? You seem really week in QB and WR

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
:-) My teams are weak at QB because I spent my auction money elsewhere.

One league my team is:

QB: Ryan, Wilson
RB: Foster, Reggie Bush, Green-Ellis, Helu, Benson, Tate
WR: Marshall, Blackmon, Randy Moss, Austin
TE: Graham
D: Texans
K: Akers

My other team is:

QB: Locker, Luck (Wilson on waiver wire)
RB: McFadden, Doug Martin, Richardson, Reggie Bush, Benson
WR: Marshall, Julio Jones, Blackmon
TE: Graham
D: Texans, Bears
K: Akers

I think Julio Jones will be a stud fantasy WR, top 5 barring injury. Marshall will be a top 10 WR barring injury. Blackmon and Moss have high ceilings as well both could end up being the #1 WR for their teams.

I'm a fan of the Texans D, and Akers as well.

Locker, Luck or Wilson could end up being a serviceable QB because they all are running QBs. All of them went for $1 in my auction drafts, whereas Aaron Rodgers went for close to $60 ($200 to spend).

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good overall team. Not a big auction fan but I assume you got good value for your picks. Good luck in your leagues this year

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good overall team. Not a big auction fan but I assume you got good value for your picks. Good luck in your leagues this year

For a non-keeper league auction is more fair. If you really want a guy you can get him. You can overpay too. My leagues are pretty advanced so people also use pump and dump tactics on each other as well in the auction.

For QBs, my experience in the auction is the top ones go for about $50 (Rodgers, Brees, Brady) then the next tier is mid $30s (Stafford, Newton, Vick) then the next tier in the teens (Ryan, Mannings, Rivers) and then once you are out of the top 10 or 12 QBs it's $1 for anyone. But every year there's usually a serviceable QB you can have for $1, and also if you don't have one of the top QBs you play the QB with the best matchup every week.

Last year GB and NE had horrible pass defenses but they also put up big points so alot of opponent's QBs had big days against them.