• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football Reactions and Pick Ups Week 1

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got for your pick ups? Hot takes? Buy/Sell/Ignore

• Sammy watkins-Was coming on last year, They paid him, hill is hurty, giddy up

• Mcaffrey is the best fantasy back in the league

• Ignore John Ross-but he had 12 targets
  • Lamar jackson will be a stud, but that was a product of playing Miami. This applies for ALL Ravens including hollywood brown
  • Derrick Henry had a 75 yard run, and was used in the run game heavy. The O line looked good. But the browns were just awful.
  • Evan Engram is going to be HUGE
  • TY hilton will be ok, sell high on marlon mack IMHO
  • Ride dalvin cook till he breaks something
  • Christian Kirk, Larry Fitz, David Johnson all are valuable-especially in PPR. Both wr should get 8+ targets a game. Kirk had a dud, but had the most team targets at 12!
  • John Brown is gonna ball out, because allen can only throw deep
  • Jamison Crowder will be a PPR machine. Period.
  • TJ hockenson will get over 100 targets, pick him up, he has flex appeal
  • Mark Andrews will be the most valuable ravens pass catcher
  • Ignore DJ chark, chris conley, still want westbrook there, but the situation sucks
  • Chris carson is a 3 down back, penny is a drop
  • Amendola will also get work.
  • Temper those high expectations for Kerryon Johsnon, who himself said hes not a 20 touch back
  • The cowboys pass catchers and dak looked great, but like the ravens, they player a highschool team
  • Chris thompson and devin singletary should be added, especially in ppr
  • Donte moncrief had 10 targets, dropp 9
  • Smoky Brown, and hockenson are my top pick ups of the week, crowder if u dont have him
Besides watkins who benefits from the hill injury? I say not another wr, its the RB's williams and mccoy

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
camn newton? is he done? his third worst fantsy performance EVER

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only one week but Cam is way overvalued in fantasy. I didn't draft him in any of my leagues for a reason.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoky brown is interesting because he is a special talent. He is the fastest man in football. I have a hard time thinking the ravens won’t scheme plays for him. But I doubt he will ever get more than 7 targets.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• Sammy watkins-Was coming on last year, They paid him, hill is hurty, giddy up. I think Watkins is undervalued, with the Hill injury it gives him great upside. Never been a fan of Watkins but this is the best time to start him.

• Mcaffrey is the best fantasy back in the league. Yes, definitely.

• Ignore John Ross-but he had 12 targets - still have to ignore him, he has to make plays before he is a considered a good option imo
  • Lamar jackson will be a stud, but that was a product of playing Miami. This applies for ALL Ravens including hollywood brown. Still not sold on him. It's one game.
  • Derrick Henry had a 75 yard run, and was used in the run game heavy. The O line looked good. But the browns were just awful. - This is classic Henry. He is a guy that will breakout in games but don't be disappointed if most games he doesn't do much. He does have a big play capability though.
  • Evan Engram is going to be HUGE - Never got to draft him in any league, he went early and I can see why. Huge upside.
  • TY hilton will be ok, sell high on marlon mack IMHO - I wouldn't sell Mack yet but it wouldn't be a bad option. Keep Hilton, like you said.
  • Ride dalvin cook till he breaks something - Sure, why not lol.
  • Christian Kirk, Larry Fitz, David Johnson all are valuable-especially in PPR. Both wr should get 8+ targets a game. Kirk had a dud, but had the most team targets at 12! - Pretty much agree, I think Murray will have a stellar rookie season.
  • John Brown is gonna ball out, because allen can only throw deep. - He has to throw to someone. Still don't think will be reliable.
  • Jamison Crowder will be a PPR machine. Period. - could be, have to see more.
  • TJ hockenson will get over 100 targets, pick him up, he has flex appeal - got him in a couple leagues for a backup TE. He will have a BIG rookie season imo.
  • Mark Andrews will be the most valuable ravens pass catcher - I would agree
  • Ignore DJ chark, chris conley, still want westbrook there, but the situation sucks - Agree 100%. Dede but don't expect any consist play.
  • Chris carson is a 3 down back, penny is a drop - Agree
  • Amendola will also get work. - Some, a good bench option.
  • Temper those high expectations for Kerryon Johsnon, who himself said hes not a 20 touch back - consistent option but I don't predict too many breakout games.
  • The cowboys pass catchers and dak looked great, but like the ravens, they player a highschool team - they played a bad defense. I like Dak more than most. I think his numbers might jump but nothing spectacular.
  • Chris thompson and devin singletary should be added, especially in ppr - agree with singletary, but mainly in less deep leagues
  • Donte moncrief had 10 targets, dropp 9 - he isn't very good
  • Smoky Brown, and hockenson are my top pick ups of the week, crowder if u dont have him - yes
Besides watkins who benefits from the hill injury? I say not another wr, its the RB's williams and mccoy. - Agree, Watkins and Kelce will still be the guys. Williams and Mccoy production will be solid.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lev Bell is still really, really good.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dante Pettis and Breida should fare much better most weeks. Of course, Breida is made of glass so I'd target him moreso for the plausible short term help while Coleman's out.

Keep an eye on Albert Wilson's injury news. If it's minor he still might quickly emerge as Miami's best receiver.

As someone who's never liked Corey Davis, some of the overreactions I've seen about him elsewhere are as insane as anything ever. He was blanketed by a great corner yesterday, was he not? Geesh. Almost nowhere is he a drop candidate.

The Dallas offense is legit.

Sony Michel will still have a great year if healthy.

I don't know that Jameis Winston can be this bad. Can he?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would not surprise me at all if Flacco led that team to the SB this year...Playoffs, I fully expect, and they call him Flip Switch when he hits the Post season....He hits another gear, I said right off, that thin air up there would make him dangerous from anywhere on the field....He has a Canon and is very accurate with it....You got a winner that is all class in Joe Flacco.....Decent oline, strong run game and some receivers that can catch, he's off to the races.....

Smoky brown is interesting because he is a special talent. He is the fastest man in football. I have a hard time thinking the ravens won’t scheme plays for him. But I doubt he will ever get more than 7 targets.

he got 10 week 1

• Sammy watkins-Was coming on last year, They paid him, hill is hurty, giddy up. I think Watkins is undervalued, with the Hill injury it gives him great upside. Never been a fan of Watkins but this is the best time to start him.

• Mcaffrey is the best fantasy back in the league. Yes, definitely.

• Ignore John Ross-but he had 12 targets - still have to ignore him, he has to make plays before he is a considered a good option imo
  • Lamar jackson will be a stud, but that was a product of playing Miami. This applies for ALL Ravens including hollywood brown. Still not sold on him. It's one game.
  • Derrick Henry had a 75 yard run, and was used in the run game heavy. The O line looked good. But the browns were just awful. - This is classic Henry. He is a guy that will breakout in games but don't be disappointed if most games he doesn't do much. He does have a big play capability though.
  • Evan Engram is going to be HUGE - Never got to draft him in any league, he went early and I can see why. Huge upside.
  • TY hilton will be ok, sell high on marlon mack IMHO - I wouldn't sell Mack yet but it wouldn't be a bad option. Keep Hilton, like you said.
  • Ride dalvin cook till he breaks something - Sure, why not lol.
  • Christian Kirk, Larry Fitz, David Johnson all are valuable-especially in PPR. Both wr should get 8+ targets a game. Kirk had a dud, but had the most team targets at 12! - Pretty much agree, I think Murray will have a stellar rookie season.
  • John Brown is gonna ball out, because allen can only throw deep. - He has to throw to someone. Still don't think will be reliable.
  • Jamison Crowder will be a PPR machine. Period. - could be, have to see more.
  • TJ hockenson will get over 100 targets, pick him up, he has flex appeal - got him in a couple leagues for a backup TE. He will have a BIG rookie season imo.
  • Mark Andrews will be the most valuable ravens pass catcher - I would agree
  • Ignore DJ chark, chris conley, still want westbrook there, but the situation sucks - Agree 100%. Dede but don't expect any consist play.
  • Chris carson is a 3 down back, penny is a drop - Agree
  • Amendola will also get work. - Some, a good bench option.
  • Temper those high expectations for Kerryon Johsnon, who himself said hes not a 20 touch back - consistent option but I don't predict too many breakout games.
  • The cowboys pass catchers and dak looked great, but like the ravens, they player a highschool team - they played a bad defense. I like Dak more than most. I think his numbers might jump but nothing spectacular.
  • Chris thompson and devin singletary should be added, especially in ppr - agree with singletary, but mainly in less deep leagues
  • Donte moncrief had 10 targets, dropp 9 - he isn't very good
  • Smoky Brown, and hockenson are my top pick ups of the week, crowder if u dont have him - yes
Besides watkins who benefits from the hill injury? I say not another wr, its the RB's williams and mccoy. - Agree, Watkins and Kelce will still be the guys. Williams and Mccoy production will be solid.
mostly agree here, except im tooting crowder more.
Lev Bell is still really, really good.
yes sir
Dante Pettis and Breida should fare much better most weeks. Of course, Breida is made of glass so I'd target him moreso for the plausible short term help while Coleman's out.

Keep an eye on Albert Wilson's injury news. If it's minor he still might quickly emerge as Miami's best receiver.

As someone who's never liked Corey Davis, some of the overreactions I've seen about him elsewhere are as insane as anything ever. He was blanketed by a great corner yesterday, was he not? Geesh. Almost nowhere is he a drop candidate.

The Dallas offense is legit.

Sony Michel will still have a great year if healthy.

I don't know that Jameis Winston can be this bad. Can he?
yeah breida will do better with coleman out. Same can be said of devante parker, he was decent. But does anyone want any part of that team. pettis had a blah off season too fwiw.

also corey davis, yeah i get it, but that game was a fluke. THey arent putting those points up, or passing that much. and he still got goose egged.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im thinking of dropping him for dak, and i was wayyyy up on cam

Do it. Cam is who he is. For the last 2 years, every Panthers game goes the same way; it's ugly. It stays ugly. Then by the 4th quarter they might have a chance to win or they'll lose close and Cam will have a salvageable day. Not good, but salvageable. CMac is the only one you can depend on. If you're riding Cam, most weeks you're gonna be staring at 125 yards and no TD heading into the 4th quarter just begging you can get a respectable 200 2 TDs an INT and some rushing yards by the end of the game

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-I think Hollywood Brown is fool's gold right now. He'll have value, but not what everyone rushing to the waiver wire right now is expecting. Don't make him your #1 option.

-Receivers worth burning a waiver on? Gallup, John Brown, and Crowder. All three saw a very high target number. I expect that to continue, especially with Brown and Crowder. John Ross is worth looking into as well so long as AJ Green is out.

-He's probably already rostered but if not, pick up Desean Jackson. Normally I think he's a boom or bust TD dependent flex play but I think this might be real. Wentz targeted him 10 times in the game so there's a good chance he won't just be a long bomb TD threat. With consistent targets, that raises his floor to make him an easy weekly play

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i think gallup is worth a claim too. Ay ay wtf cam newton

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mosart.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Hill out & as much as Mahomes does. What do you think of the rookie.
Mecole Hardman?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Lamar Jackson, or even Marquis Brown, just based on "it was vs Miami, they suck". As they just broke down on NFL network, the Ravens running game, and specifically their RPO game is designed to hit big plays. I'm not saying he's gonna be this years Mahommes, or even that he's gonna have many more 300 and 3 games, but take his already strong rushing value, and add it to what we've just seen was possible vs any team that overplays the run, he could easily be a strong QB1 all year long. If those LB's and safeties stay home to cover, he and Ingram will run all over em until they don't.
If he's not owned he should be, %100

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he got 10 week 1.
Who's OldSchool, and where'd ya dig that qoute up from?? Lol, that's some serious orange and blue glasses on that dude.
BTW, Flacco plays tonight, but 10 is a nice over under bet on what he gets tonight, even against my pitiful Raiders

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I really wish THill would have just gotten suspended. Had Watkins in my top 20: Hill comes back and I dropped him outside of my top 30.
2. Hindsight:EVERY fucking draft I was in this year I could have had Brady in the 10th-14th round....and not once did I pull the trigger. That offense is gonna be stupid.
3. Rex Burkhead-Lolololololol. This week it will be Boldin.
4. Wish I had more shares of Smoke. He will be a top 25 this year. Could be higher but I'm not willing to go out on a limb for a Bill pass catcher.........after week 1.
5. REALLY WISH Shady would have been cut a week earlier so I could have him on both money league teams. I know, I know it's only week 1 but from what I saw during last year's shit show in Buffalo, he was still shifty and fast on the 6 runs he had last year where he didn't get hit 3 times behind the LOS. Guise, barring injury this will be his team.
6. Fucking Breida: Drink some fucking water before the game you asshole. Hydrate. Next. Week. Damn. It.
7. Shit, I only have MBrown on 1 of the 3 teams I own Gurley in. What's worse, is while everybody was concentrating on that Henderson Shit Kid (Cheech and Chong references should get bonus points on any post) I was sure Brown was the guy to have and still fucked it up.
8. Not wasting any BB money on any of the "One hit wonders" this weekend.
9. So, uh, hey Ben, ummm, that Moncreif guy can't catch. Throw it to that Washington guy cuz he can.
10. Hey McMannus-I drafted you because I needed to have a Bronco on my team for my kid. So, whadda think? Can you break a couple of records fer me tonight? All I need is 6 50+ yard FG's (we get 1 point per every 10 yards of distance). If you can't do that then howsaboot 5 50+, a 40+ and an extra point or two. I really hate losing to this guy. Thanks in advance.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's OldSchool, and where'd ya dig that qoute up from?? Lol, that's some serious orange and blue glasses on that dude.
BTW, Flacco plays tonight, but 10 is a nice over under bet on what he gets tonight, even against my pitiful Raiders
just some crazy ravens homer, racist, republican, who thinks joe flacco is legit in the convo for GOAT. Something tells me tonights flacco has like a 180-250 yards with 1-2 td's maybe a pick, not a great completion percentage

also moncrief had 4 drops all of last year, and 4 this week, so im not sure it wasnt an abberration