• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football Reactions and Pick Ups Week 1

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's OldSchool, and where'd ya dig that qoute up from?? Lol, that's some serious orange and blue glasses on that dude.
BTW, Flacco plays tonight, but 10 is a nice over under bet on what he gets tonight, even against my pitiful Raiders
He's my boy, Blue!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just some crazy ravens homer, racist, republican, who thinks joe flacco is legit in the convo for GOAT. Something tells me tonights flacco has like a 180-250 yards with 1-2 td's maybe a pick, not a great completion percentage

also moncrief had 4 drops all of last year, and 4 this week, so im not sure it wasnt an abberration
Lil surprised at 'Crief's hands o stone last night myself.
I'm withholding judgement in the Steelers offense post AB for another week or two, but it certainly isnt off to a great start. Maybe the Pat's D just is that good

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lil surprised at 'Crief's hands o stone last night myself.
I'm withholding judgement in the Steelers offense post AB for another week or two, but it certainly isnt off to a great start. Maybe the Pat's D just is that good
TBH. The homer in me said ben was gonna come out slinging with something to prove. I preached that a bit here.

The realist in me. 10 minutes into that game.............went yep this is about right. Hoodie OWNS US. STRAIGHT UP OWNS US. We won last year, making all the more reason for him to shit stomp us. We cant beat him, he makes us look silly everytime, and ESPECIALLY in NE. We have no answers. I wouldn't be shocked to see the steelers hang 30 on the seahawks next week. They will be fine. Like i said i believe crief had 4 drops all last year, he just had a bad night.......hes not THAT bad. Plus our o-line is still there......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got waiver priority number 1... HELP!

ROSTER:
QB: Ryan, Wilson
RB: Conner, Montgomery, D WIlliams, Freeman, Barber, Peterson
WR: Adams, Allen, Boyd, Davis, Moncrief
TE: Howard
D: Jax
K: Maher

NOTABLE AVAIL FA's:

RB:
Gore
Mostert
Thompson
M Brown
Hyde

WR:
D-Jax
Ross
Hardman
M Brown
Chark
Dorsett
J Brown
Sutton
Cobb

TE:
Hock
Andrews
Davis

D:
49ers
Titans
Jets
Ravens
Packers

Thinking I need to add a WR first... D-Jax? After that I'm thinking about both a TE & D. Jag DST looked awful against KC, and they have HOU next. Should have a better game but still not as confident as I thought I would be with them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROSTER:

NOTABLE AVAIL FA's:

RB:
Gore
Mostert
Thompson
M Brown
Hyde

WR:
D-Jax
Ross
Hardman
M Brown
Chark
Dorsett
J Brown
Sutton
Cobb

TE:
Hock
Andrews
Davis

D:
49ers
Titans
Jets
Ravens
Packers

Thinking I need to add a WR first... D-Jax? After that I'm thinking about both a TE & D. Jag DST looked awful against KC, and they have HOU next. Should have a better game but still not as confident as I thought I would be with them.

Seems like you are pretty set at RB.

WR's you still aren't bad.
I would actually go TE then WR.

I would grab Hockenson, then DJax, Ross or M Brown or even J Brown. So much to choose from at WR on the waivers you could still get one of those 4/5 WR's as well possibly.

Drop Moncrief and add Hockenson. He will give you flexibility at TE and the way he was targeted...who knows he could be a top 5-6 TE this year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jax defense didn't look too good BUT they were playing the Chiefs. I would still keep them but look at your options for a def depending on matchups...if Jax defense isn't good this year you can still go week to week finding a defense based on matchups. I usually do that in a lot of leagues.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you are pretty set at RB.

WR's you still aren't bad.
I would actually go TE then WR.

I would grab Hockenson, then DJax, Ross or M Brown or even J Brown. So much to choose from at WR on the waivers you could still get one of those 4/5 WR's as well possibly.

Drop Moncrief and add Hockenson. He will give you flexibility at TE and the way he was targeted...who knows he could be a top 5-6 TE this year.
Who would you drop after Moncrief? Debating on dropping Corey Davis for D-Jax/MBrown after I grab Hock. Or do you think I should stand pat at WR & go DST instead?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also debating on dropping Barber for Hyde.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROSTER:

NOTABLE AVAIL FA's:

RB:
Gore
Mostert
Thompson
M Brown
Hyde

WR:
D-Jax
Ross
Hardman
M Brown
Chark
Dorsett
J Brown
Sutton
Cobb

TE:
Hock
Andrews
Davis

D:
49ers
Titans
Jets
Ravens
Packers

i don think anyone there GREATLY upgrades your team, id hold the #1 spot, Djax is boom or bust, always has been, lots of mouths to feed in philly. and TE and D u can fill after waivers process, unless u believe hock or andrews is that big of an upgrade over 1 disappointing week from howard, i think they might be the hype was insane for howard, but i dunno if i wouldnt wait to see if theres a RB injury like breida this week

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ditching cam totally?

buying john brown?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-I think Hollywood Brown is fool's gold right now. He'll have value, but not what everyone rushing to the waiver wire right now is expecting. Don't make him your #1 option.

-Receivers worth burning a waiver on? Gallup, John Brown, and Crowder. All three saw a very high target number. I expect that to continue, especially with Brown and Crowder. John Ross is worth looking into as well so long as AJ Green is out.

-He's probably already rostered but if not, pick up Desean Jackson. Normally I think he's a boom or bust TD dependent flex play but I think this might be real. Wentz targeted him 10 times in the game so there's a good chance he won't just be a long bomb TD threat. With consistent targets, that raises his floor to make him an easy weekly play

With you almost 100% here. Hollywood not worth the #1 waiver pick up. Jackson, Crowder, and John Brown all top guys.

Only point I'd disagree on is John Ross. He had a big game and was targeted a lot, but this is a real case of numbers being deceiving. His two TDs in that game came on a flea flicker and a fluky play that would have been a pick if Tedric Thompson doesn't severely mis-time a jump. That, and the Bengals couldn't run for shit and were forced to throw all day.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With you almost 100% here. Hollywood not worth the #1 waiver pick up. Jackson, Crowder, and John Brown all top guys.

Only point I'd disagree on is John Ross. He had a big game and was targeted a lot, but this is a real case of numbers being deceiving. His two TDs in that game came on a flea flicker and a fluky play that would have been a pick if Tedric Thompson doesn't severely mis-time a jump. That, and the Bengals couldn't run for shit and were forced to throw all day.

The TDs may be fluky but its the targets that interest me more. Volume is linked to consistency and that's what I'm looking for. It's the same reason I like Crowder and Brown. Give me the guy that a QB is looking to more often than not. Plus, with Cincy's RBs banged up, they might be forced to throw a lot going forward anyway. And also you gotta factor in that their new coach may just want to throw more period.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rank these potential pick ups;

Jamison Crowder, Michael Gallup, Courtland Sutton

All have pros/cons. Crowder got lots of targets/Jets offense doesn't look good, Gallup got lots of targets in a potential offensive powerhouse/isn't the #1 WR (Cooper is), Sutton appears to be Flacco's #1 guy over Sanders/Broncos O struggled

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you drop after Moncrief? Debating on dropping Corey Davis for D-Jax/MBrown after I grab Hock. Or do you think I should stand pat at WR & go DST instead?

Probably Davis. IMO a real problem when he doesn't get targeting once when you score 40+

Also debating on dropping Barber for Hyde.

Hyde would actually be a decent option. Barber got 13 carries to Ronald Jones' 8 carries so still a nice option for a starting RB off the bench but not much of a reception threat

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rank these potential pick ups;

Jamison Crowder, Michael Gallup, Courtland Sutton

All of pros/cons. Crowder got lots of targets/Jets offense doesn't look good, Gallup got lots of targets in a potential offensive powerhouse/isn't the #1 WR (Cooper is), Sutton appears to be Flacco's #1 guy over Sanders/Broncos O struggled

After week 1...never been a fan of Crowder but Darnold doesn't have too many options it looks like. Anderson and Bell, he has to throw it someone.

I like all of those options at the moment but I think Sutton could be a very nice option:

Sutton
Crowder
Gallup

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Davis. IMO a real problem when he doesn't get targeting once when you score 40+
My thinking as well. Davis is supposed to be the WR1 there, but it looked more like AJ Brown was the go-to guy. Probably will be maddeningly inconsistent in TEN with how iffy their passing attack is.

Hyde would actually be a decent option. Barber got 13 carries to Ronald Jones' 8 carries so still a nice option for a starting RB off the bench but not much of a reception threat
I just view Barber as an interim guy because its well known that they want RJ2 to take the job... Just isn't quite ready for it yet. Barber's share will deteriorate if both stay healthy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking as well. Davis is supposed to be the WR1 there, but it looked more like AJ Brown was the go-to guy. Probably will be maddeningly inconsistent in TEN with how iffy their passing attack is.

I just view Barber as an interim guy because its well known that they want RJ2 to take the job... Just isn't quite ready for it yet. Barber's share will deteriorate if both stay healthy.

Now maybe CLE was doubling him...I was too busy screaming at the tv to care about Davis. I would think if they were doubling him teams likely will not do the same with how athletic and a threat AJ Brown is. Maybe it was a fluke or maybe not, wasn't ever a huge fan of C Davis though

I agree on Barber too.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now maybe CLE was doubling him...I was too busy screaming at the tv to care about Davis. I would think if they were doubling him teams likely will not do the same with how athletic and a threat AJ Brown is. Maybe it was a fluke or maybe not, wasn't ever a huge fan of C Davis though

I agree on Barber too.
Good point on the doubles. Maybe as soon as AJ Brown asserts himself within that offense they won't be doubling Davis as much.