• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy football: RB needed for bye week

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an open spot for a RB this week and need to pick one up off waivers. It's pretty up in the air right now which I should go with so please help me out. Here are the options:

Michael Bush vs KC
Delone Carter @ NO
Montario Hardesty vs. SEA
DeMarco Ryan/Tashard Choice vs. STL
Maurice Morris vs. ATL
Earnest Graham vs. CHI

Bush is a TD thief which could help. Carter seems to be the main back, but hasn't shown much. Hardesty could be in play if Hillis is still hurt. Scared of the Cowboys situation, not knowing which of those two might get more touches. Morris seems like an option, with Best having a concussion. Graham is probably who I'm leaning towards the most, but Chicago did a nice job of containing Peterson.

Thoughts on this?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If it's just this week, I would probably go DeMarco Ryan. He's likely to be the primary back, he's playing a soft run-D, and his team should be in control of the game early. Frankly, I might go Ryan regardless (am trying to pick him up in my league). Jones is out a few weeks, and all the guys you list except Carter are injury replacements. If you're looking long-haul, I'd consider Hardesty as Hillis has had recurring issues this season.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input. I meant DeMarco Murray in my previous post, but you knew who I was speaking about. I picked him up in the league I needed, and it is indeed for just this week. My RB's are: Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, Fred Jackson and Cedric Benson. My WR leave something to be desired, but this week everyone seems to have a bye. Hoping for a big game from him and at least having him run a ton in the second half to chew up some clock after the Cowboys are up.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked up DeMarco Murray. Felix Jones is made of glass and they're just waiting for a full time back to step up. If he can put up some strong performances in Felix Jones' absence Jones might come back a 3rd down/ change of pace back. IMO that would be the best scenario for Dallas.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If your in a PPR league Graham makes a good bye week because they are playing against a cover 2.

Long term I go with the Murray

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you added DeMarco Murray you just got some nice points on a long TD run.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol i hope you picked up and played murray. 253 yards and TD.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Foster and Murray in one league. Those two alone got me 70 points.

jaypok626

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I tried picking up Murray off of waivers in my PPR league, but someone else ended up with him instead. So I ended up having to start Roy frickin' Helu, who got me practically nothing. Oh well, at least I played an easy opponent this week, and it looks like I'm still going to win, and with Gore back next week, I'll be much stronger at RB. I still need to find a replacement for Jahvid Best, though. Damn that team that picked up Murray.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Foster and Murray in one league. Those two alone got me 70 points.

I've still never had a non QB with that type of stat in a meaningful game. I've come in first with only a couple loses, but my guys never have those games.

Or I'd have gore when he has long runs with no TDs lmao.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Glad my waiver claim for Murray failed by two spots. Didn't really want those 250 yards anyway. I'd be really upset if not for AD's 175 yards.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've still never had a non QB with that type of stat in a meaningful game. I've come in first with only a couple loses, but my guys never have those games.

Or I'd have gore when he has long runs with no TDs lmao.

I took Foster over Peterson because of days like these. And because he plays in a much weaker division, on a much better team than the Vikes.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the advice Crimson! Murray helped me solidify a much needed win. The question now is, what do I do with him going forward? I have Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, Fred Jackson and Cedric Benson. I've been trying to move Benson and haven't had any takers, and will only get pennies on the dollar for CJ at this point. Get rid of him to try and get max value?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need some advice again this week. I've got a makeshift lineup in another league and need to know who to play. Which 2 out of these 3 should I start?

Maurice Morris @ Denver
CJ Spiller vs. Wash
Marshawn Lynch vs. Cincy

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need some advice again this week. I've got a makeshift lineup in another league and need to know who to play. Which 2 out of these 3 should I start?

Maurice Morris @ Denver
CJ Spiller vs. Wash
Marshawn Lynch vs. Cincy

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

I would go with Lynch but don't be surprised if he doesn't finish the game. Next choice would be mo morris.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiller is also going to get a lot of looks at WR. Does that boost his value here, especially because he could be dangerous in space?

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if you're in a PPR league. But even then I'd still start Lynch or Morris over him. The more I think about it, though, the more I think you should go with Morris. You have to play the best matchup and Denver has the worst defense out of the three choices. Go Morris. Only thing you have to worry about is Keiland Williams getting more touches.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
morris !!