• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
: If Sermon can stay healthy I bet he hits at least 1K if not this year than next.
I can feel it in my bones that Sermon will hit a 1000 yards and over 200 carries, and I think he does that this season.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would have thought one of those guiise would have hit a grand. Brieda was on his way that year but shit, he missed like 4 games and started a couple he couldn't finish.

EDIT: If Sermon can stay healthy I bet he hits at least 1K if not this year than next.

Sherman had just over 500 touches in 4 years at the college level in 43 games. On average he had about 12 touches a game

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem hasn't been the production. Health plays a big part, as we've seen many times the lead runner in that offense any given week is a top 10 scorer. Mostert is older and couldn't hold up to being a bellcow. Sermon has had a couple injuries in college, so he's not immune. The likelihood that one or both he and Mostert will miss time this season is very high.

Given health, I think the floor and ceiling for Mostert is much lower. The floor for Sermon is tied to Mostert's ceiling. I feel like Sermon's ceiling is capped around that Hyde year. Draft both and the collective floor and ceiling are very high.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one to call in SF....of those @Bandit listed, only Hyde actually played in 16 games..and, well...he's Carlos Hyde...so...??
Is it by design that no one gets enough work to get 250+ carries and can never be a reliable, consistent fantasy producer? Or is it circumstances that come up, injuries, ineffectiveness which derailed the original plan, etc..? Heck, the fact that they haven't had consistency at all at the QB position, ..outside of '19, they've used 3 different starting QB's in all of Shanny's seasons.., that could be a factor in screwing with the running game as well.

They also have never had any one RB that was anything but slightly better than mediocre to lean on either.

Feel like there's never been any type of real baseline to be able to ever remotely figure out what might happen. We do know that whomever gets the call any given Sunday, can certainly have one helluva day, there just needs to be one that takes ownership of the spot, and then can stay off the trainers table

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this was interesting:

The history of Kyle Shanahan​

49ers rushing leaders under Shanahan
  • 2020: Jeff Wilson, 600 yards, 7 TD
  • 2019: Raheem Mostert, 772 yards, 8 TD
  • 2018: Matt Breida, 814 yards, 3 TD
  • 2017: Carlos Hyde, 240 carries, 938 yards, 8 TD
49ers RBs under Shanahan

• 2018: Three RBs under 200 touches
  • 2019: Three RBs under 160 touches
  • 2020: Three RBs under 150 touches
Rookie RBs under Shanahan

• 2014: Terrance West 171-673-4, 13/11-64-1 (CLE leading rusher)
  • 2014: Isaiah Crowell 148-607-8, 14/9-87-0 (CLE 2nd leading rusher)
  • 2015: Tevin Coleman 87-392-1, 11/2-14-0 (backup to Devonta Freeman)
  • 2017: Matt Breida 105-465-2, 36/21-180-1 (second guy up behind Hyde)
  • 2018: Jeff Wilson 66-266-0, 15/12-98-0 (third guy up behind Breida and Morris)
  • 2020: Jamycal Hasty 39-148-1, 8/7-33-0 (pressed into action)
    JaMycal Hasty - 49ers RB - Fantasy Football
    A lot to take in, but here are the keys: Shanahan hasn't had a 1,000-yard rusher yet with the 49ers (he's only had one back get more than 200 carries), nor does any one of his running backs pick up a lot of touches, and his rookies have consistently been limited. These are the uphill battles Raheem Mostert, and especially Trey Sermon must face in order for one of them to become a quality Fantasy starter. Rankings change: No 49ers rusher should be confidently drafted until Round 7 at the earliest.
I found this fascinating. Numbers in each category (yards, touches, rookies) have gone down in each season. I am a big "trend" guy and this is not trending in the right direction for Sermon.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman is in deep doo doo

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this fascinating. Numbers in each category (yards, touches, rookies) have gone down in each season. I am a big "trend" guy and this is not trending in the right direction for Sermon.
Well again, it needs mentioned that of all those guys, Hyde was the only one who played/started 16 games. Breida played 13 in '18, played in 13 again in '19, Mostert played in all 16 in '19, never started any, and didn't get a strong push until late in the season, and in '20, Wilson only played in 12 games. And like I previously mentioned, only two of those seasons did the Niners use less than 3 starting QB's over 16 games..there was zero consistency across the board to make any realistic judgements based on any of the data.

I don't think the numbers tell much of a story as to what Shanny could or would do IF he had a RB who could not only produce at high level, but actually stay active for an entire season. There's interesting things in those numbers, but I consider them largely irrelevant given all the circumstances.

That doesn't mean Sermon is that guy, but Shanny is no different than any other coach, if they find something, or someone, who gives them a better chance to win games, they will utilize them gameplans be damned.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman is in deep doo doo

Is he?
Attempted to break into a family members house? That's not really what I consider to be domestic violence but who knows with limited details available currently.

Sounds like an overreaction by the police, but we'll see where this ends up

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he?
Attempted to break into a family members house? That's not really what I consider to be domestic violence but who knows with limited details available currently.

Speaking Wednesday afternoon, Redmond (WA) police chief Darrell Lowe clarified free agent Richard Sherman attempted to break into the home of his in-laws around 2 AM Wednesday morning following a single-vehicle crash on the highway.​

Per Lowe, the domestic violence specification to the burglary charge is for his relations of the address' occupants, Sherman's wife's parents, "not because of violence against any family member or significant other." Sherman was initially pursued after running his SUV through a construction zone and into a concrete barrier where highway workers were present at the time. One of the workers called 911. Sherman's vehicle was found a half-mile away after it was no longer able to be driven. Sherman was suspected of DUI. A blood sample was taken when Sherman was treated at the hospital for minor injuries after a K9 dog had to be used to subdue Sherman

sounds like screwed to me :suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he?

Speaking Wednesday afternoon, Redmond (WA) police chief Darrell Lowe clarified free agent Richard Sherman attempted to break into the home of his in-laws around 2 AM Wednesday morning following a single-vehicle crash on the highway.​

Per Lowe, the domestic violence specification to the burglary charge is for his relations of the address' occupants, Sherman's wife's parents, "not because of violence against any family member or significant other." Sherman was initially pursued after running his SUV through a construction zone and into a concrete barrier where highway workers were present at the time. One of the workers called 911. Sherman's vehicle was found a half-mile away after it was no longer able to be driven. Sherman was suspected of DUI. A blood sample was taken when Sherman was treated at the hospital for minor injuries after a K9 dog had to be used to subdue Sherman

sounds like screwed to me :suds:
He might get much on the domestic disturbance/violence/whatever end of things, depends on the laws in that state and wether they'll need to inlaws cooperation or not to prosecute...but, given the time of day, the behavior, the need of a K9 Unit...I think a DUI is definitely in his future, along with a fleeing the scene of an accident, reckless endangerment, and given that it was a construction zone, that opens the door up to all kinds of increased penalties, and possibly various other charges from failing to comply, to avoiding arrest. If the inlaws are pissed enough about the "break in", heck, they could toss breaking and entering, or even something like false imprisonment on there.

When someone blows through a construction site, rams a barrier hard enough that the car ends up being unable to function, and then flees...there's no such thing as an over reaction by the police..the public was obviously put in danger. You get charged with everything possible and let the DA sort out what they can prosecute.

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the 911 call release, and even more information about Sherman's state of mind...it's quite obvious law enforcement was not only justified, but obligated to charge him with something serious enough that he would have no choice but to sleep it off in the tank. The DV charge ensured the night in jail, no possibility for same day bail out...as designed, to allow people time to get over emotions before they do something seriously regrettable. They may have saved his life, possibly others as well, with that charge.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent DB Richard Sherman was booked and charged in a burglary domestic violence case in King County, Washington.​

No one at the residence was harmed, per police reports. The longtime Seahawks and 49ers cornerback was denied bail, and police are investigating the alleged crime as a felony. Schefter said Sherman "fought with police but was eventually apprehended" and taken to a local hospital to be checked for injuries. Sherman was reportedly trying to break into a house. Sherman, 33, has remained unsigned this offseason while expressing interest in returning to Seattle, where he has a home. His legal status and the potential for a league-issued suspension could play an outsized factor in whether he lands on an NFL roster this summer.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or is the fantasy football chatter down this year?
Where is Matthew Berry's 100 idiotic facts?
Suicide draft is usually in May.
We're in the tail end of July where hype is usually the epidemic.
Nada.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nada.
Right??

Here in CO..the ONLY football news is, #1- Denver still dreams of Rodgers, and #2 Drew vs TeddyB...virtually zero talk of ANYTHING else...not even Gordon vs Williams.

Sure hope some things worth getting excited about start happening when camps open up..things that aren't of the Richard Sherman style anyways

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right??

Here in CO..the ONLY football news is, #1- Denver still dreams of Rodgers, and #2 Drew vs TeddyB...virtually zero talk of ANYTHING else...not even Gordon vs Williams.

Sure hope some things worth getting excited about start happening when camps open up..things that aren't of the Richard Sherman style anyways
Whats the word on that drew vs teddy b situation

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the word on that drew vs teddy b situation
Oh they can't even talk about that in a helpful way.
The radio dudes are evenly split on who it should be, everyone they bring in to talk about it always says its either a "50/50" competition, or a "60/40" (some one way, "its Drew's job to lose", some the opposite way, "it's Teddy's job to win"). And they always end the conversation the same way..."if Drew shows he can eliminate most of the mistakes, or if Teddy shows he can push the ball downfield effectively, that'll be the answer"

So basically, the exact same thing anyone with 2 functioning brain cells, and who also isn't blind, is already well aware of. About all that's certain is, is that if anyone assumes trading a 6th round pick for Teddy means he's going to be handed the job, they're mistaken.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they can't even talk about that in a helpful way.
The radio dudes are evenly split on who it should be, everyone they bring in to talk about it always says its either a "50/50" competition, or a "60/40" (some one way, "its Drew's job to lose", some the opposite way, "it's Teddy's job to win"). And they always end the conversation the same way..."if Drew shows he can eliminate most of the mistakes, or if Teddy shows he can push the ball downfield effectively, that'll be the answer"

So basically, the exact same thing anyone with 2 functioning brain cells, and who also isn't blind, is already well aware of. About all that's certain is, is that if anyone assumes trading a 6th round pick for Teddy means he's going to be handed the job, they're mistaken.
lol sounds about right. the buzz still brewing for rodgers?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nada.
It's definitely down this year. I think everybody assumes that it will just be business as usual now since the NFL managed to get through last season somehow and now the restrictions are more relaxed. I mean they aren't quite as relaxed everywhere else as they are here in Florida, but I don't think there's any panic that there won't be a season this year. And now that a lot of us have moved to doing dynasty leagues, the really busy time for them is March-May and then once the rookie draft happens it's kind of a break until the season starts. It's different than redraft because after the fantasy season is over you basically have six months of absolutely nothing so then when July gets here you are really excited to talk about the incoming rookies and the impact they will have, but those of us that are in dynasty have already gone through the rookies with a fine toothed comb two months ago so even in preparing for our annual redraft leagues, we have already done most of the research for the season. It might be different for everybody else, but I didn't used to start ranking guys or even looking at anything until July and now that I'm in five dynasty leagues I kind of feel like I need June and July to just take a break and regroup before getting back on top of everything in August.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely down this year. I think everybody assumes that it will just be business as usual now since the NFL managed to get through last season somehow and now the restrictions are more relaxed. I mean they aren't quite as relaxed everywhere else as they are here in Florida, but I don't think there's any panic that there won't be a season this year. And now that a lot of us have moved to doing dynasty leagues, the really busy time for them is March-May and then once the rookie draft happens it's kind of a break until the season starts. It's different than redraft because after the fantasy season is over you basically have six months of absolutely nothing so then when July gets here you are really excited to talk about the incoming rookies and the impact they will have, but those of us that are in dynasty have already gone through the rookies with a fine toothed comb two months ago so even in preparing for our annual redraft leagues, we have already done most of the research for the season. It might be different for everybody else, but I didn't used to start ranking guys or even looking at anything until July and now that I'm in five dynasty leagues I kind of feel like I need June and July to just take a break and regroup before getting back on top of everything in August.
Being in so many dynasty leagues I find redrafts to hard to keep up with, because you got to be johnny on the spot on the WW to excel and that's hard to do when your trying to balance all the leagues your in, with bye weeks and injuries you find your hands full keeping a legal lineup. I can say FF is really slow all over right now over all sites.