• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot cheaper $ wise to draft a RB.

View attachment 266331

Cost under a million if drafted after round 1. A FA of note is going to run a lot more $

True. But i think bens gonna want some specific traits back there
Was gonna say that too, but SP beat me to it. Rookie RB, cheaper, maybe great, maybe not...not likely to be good at pass pro.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna say that too, but SP beat me to it. Rookie RB, cheaper, maybe great, maybe not...not likely to be good at pass pro.
Well you two could be right. I did predict the Steelers to sign a FA RB in your : My wild n crazy predictions for 2021 roster moves

However I'm starting to feel they draft instead of sign a FA. Think OL would be high on Bens list for FAs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that, after he was so amenable with his contract, there may very well have been some concessions where possible on personal decisions.
I think so too. But, hes always had a say...so thats not new. But this talk of it being to keep juju is crazy, unless juju is taking a huge discount. But yep i totally agree with the pass protection.

tomlin+ben have functioned best with a bellcow back. Tomlin ALWAYS has a bellcow. Pass protection, plus some hands is gonna be a must.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you two could be right. I did predict the Steelers to sign a FA RB in your : My wild n crazy predictions for 2021 roster moves

However I'm starting to feel they draft instead of sign a FA.
They very well might, but it will be someone with specifics. Not necessarily who the pundits think. Kinda like the bell and conner picks.

ive really talked myself into wishing for jamal williams.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They very well might, but it will be someone with specifics. Not necessarily who the pundits think. Kinda like the bell and conner picks.

ive really talked myself into wishing for jamal williams.
Treff has Fournette signing with the Steelers. That would be wild and a good fit as well IMO. How would you feel about that? At one time you had a man crush on him, but then you fell out of love.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff has Fournette signing with the Steelers. That would be wild and a good fit as well IMO. How would you feel about that? At one time you had a man crush on him, but then you fell out of love.
Would love it. No way though. Hell cost a decent buck

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a late pick ...dont think it was neccessarily a hes gonna be your starter pick. He could, but couldnt get on the field last year.
True. But i keep hearing this year's draft class is not as strong at RB like last year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote that before he gift wrapped the Lombardi trophy for TB...I'm of the opinion now that he resigns with TB.

But he would certainly fit in Pitt

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But i keep hearing this year's draft class is not as strong at RB like last year.
Hear that as well. But steelers generally don't reach just because of a weak class or need. Here and there, but you can almost bank that they don't. If they take a guy, its because he was high on their board. When they took bell, that was a headscratcher.......he wasnt supposed to be picked that high or there. They know what they want.......w
I wrote that before he gift wrapped the Lombardi trophy for TB...I'm of the opinion now that he resigns with TB.

But he would certainly fit in Pitt
He absolutely would. But even to go to tampa, they gave him 2.5 million. I mean thats likely way too much for us, and hes earned a raise......

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iF Pitt goes the rookie route, given the likelihood of Big Ben's final year, a last hoorah of sorts, I think there's only one guy that'd fit that bill, N. Harris, and if they miss on him? I wouldn't expect a reach for anyone else, other than maybe a depth/special teams guy, where it'd be a pipe dream to expect he's a significant part of the gameplan. I totally expect guys like Williams, Carson, Hyde, etc..to still be available after the draft, and wouldn't be surprised if they took someone like that. I don't expect that situation to be settled until the second wave of free agency.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iF Pitt goes the rookie route, given the likelihood of Big Ben's final year, a last hoorah of sorts, I think there's only one guy that'd fit that bill, N. Harris, and if they miss on him? I wouldn't expect a reach for anyone else, other than maybe a depth/special teams guy, where it'd be a pipe dream to expect he's a significant part of the gameplan. I totally expect guys like Williams, Carson, Hyde, etc..to still be available after the draft, and wouldn't be surprised if they took someone like that. I don't expect that situation to be settled until the second wave of free agency.
etienne would as well, just doubt hes there......Again, i think theres a few others that could fit the bill, draft stock may fluctuate.....kylin hill, larry roundtree, rakeem boyd.......

Also williams from UNC

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFarland was the 13th RB drafted in the 4th round.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a sleeper pick that would be a good fit for either the Steelers or Seahawks. I was going to stay mum about him but there's no glory in that. So my sleeper pick is Rhamondre Stevenson. Check him out.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
etienne would as well, just doubt hes there......Again, i think theres a few others that could fit the bill, draft stock may fluctuate.....kylin hill, larry roundtree, rakeem boyd.......

Also williams from UNC
They're all potentially good backs, and in some cases, serious potential to be a true NFL starter..but, if you're making one last run with one more year of Big Ben, do you hitch your backfield wagon to potential, or to the guy that has pretty much a consensus to be ready to be the guy, right away? If you go with potential..sure I get it, but I see a veteran in addition to it. Williams being the wild card..many do see him as ready, I'm still waffling on the guy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is the backfield isn't the only thing that needs to be considered. The OL needs at least one new starter and maybe as many as three. Steelers normally like to draft for the RB position and that fits in with trying to massage the cap and spend money else where. In order to give Ben one more shot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're all potentially good backs, and in some cases, serious potential to be a true NFL starter..but, if you're making one last run with one more year of Big Ben, do you hitch your backfield wagon to potential, or to the guy that has pretty much a consensus to be ready to be the guy, right away? If you go with potential..sure I get it, but I see a veteran in addition to it. Williams being the wild card..many do see him as ready, I'm still waffling on the guy.
Bell and conner werent thought to be those guys...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell and conner werent thought to be those guys...
To be fair, Conner kinda proved he wasn't that guy. Not bad when he played, but..you know the rest. If he was, we likely wouldn't be having the conversation

There's always exceptions. Maybe one of those guys is one, but again, circling back to the point, do you hinge that one more shot on a big maybe, a small maybe, or a little more expensive vet?

Tough call