• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic's Daniel Popper reports that the Chargers are "preparing for the possibility to playing a majority of September without" WR Mike Williams (shoulder).
Popper added that this was "despite the recent public optimism" around Williams' quick recovery from his AC Joint injury. The Chargers also kept six receivers on their final roster, furthering casting doubt on Williams playing in their first few games. Joe Reed would play a significant role in the offense if Williams misses time. Los Angeles selected the versatile weapon with the No. 151 overall pick in this year's draft. Reed topped out at 679 receiving yards at Virginia but added some rushing production and scored on five kick returns. Look for him to get involved in a number of ways early in his career.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Devonta Freeman is visiting the Jaguars on Saturday.
Jacksonville is the first team to bring Freeman in since he hired Drew Rosenhaus to represent him. It's the perfect fit as the Jaguars have nothing to lose in a year the team is clearly tanking ahead of the 2021 draft. Freeman's addition would obviously be a detriment to all, siphoning carries from Devine Ozigbo and targets from Chris Thompson. We urge caution if targeting anyone in this backfield during drafts this weekend.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Devonta Freeman is visiting the Jaguars on Saturday.
Jacksonville is the first team to bring Freeman in since he hired Drew Rosenhaus to represent him. It's the perfect fit as the Jaguars have nothing to lose in a year the team is clearly tanking ahead of the 2021 draft. Freeman's addition would obviously be a detriment to all, siphoning carries from Devine Ozigbo and targets from Chris Thompson. We urge caution if targeting anyone in this backfield during drafts this weekend.

The Jags have the opportunity to downgrade...just what they are looking for

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now have Drake in two of my leagues (both money leagues). I got him in the 3rd round in both leagues. One at 28, the other at 25. I said before I would be fine taking him in the 3rd...but not 1st or 2nd. I stuck with my plan...lets see if it works out. I feel Drake is a boom or bust in a big way. It sounds like he is good to go now so hoping @Lamarvelous is right about his boy. In one league I actually have Drake and Hopkins.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now have Drake in two of my leagues (both money leagues). I got him in the 3rd round in both leagues. One at 28, the other at 25. I said before I would be fine taking him in the 3rd...but not 1st or 2nd. I stuck with my plan...lets see if it works out. I feel Drake is a boom or bust in a big way. It sounds like he is good to go now so hoping @Lamarvelous is right about his boy. In one league I actually have Drake and Hopkins.
I want in on whatever drafts you're involved with

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want in on whatever drafts you're involved with

Well one is a SF I'm in now...so understandable. My other league (been in this league for 10+ years), he was hurt or his health was in question at the time. I'm not really surprised...like I said, people are more likely to go with a player with a proven track record or less risky pick. Hope it works out for me though.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunt and Browns getting an extension done puts a cap on Chubb's ceiling, imo, even if I think he'll still be a top 12 RB for fantasy. Limits that top 3 upside big time

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super deep??
Samuels sucked hind teat, Snell sucked, and by most accounts, MacFarland didn't beat either of em in camp. What exactly is deep about it, other than quantity?
Hey Treff, I'll kindly ask you not to piss in my cheerios this morning.

lol . I hear ya. It's a "diverse" group, but I wouldn't call it deep. Samuels keeps on hanging on by a thread, which really tells you what that "depth" is. If someone can't beat him out then there's something wrong. I'm more curious about Snell & MacFarland. Snell has apparently dropped weight & has been noticeably faster all offseason. We'll have to wait & see what that means.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Treff, I'll kindly ask you not to piss in my cheerios this morning.

lol . I hear ya. It's a "diverse" group, but I wouldn't call it deep. Samuels keeps on hanging on by a thread, which really tells you what that "depth" is. If someone can't beat him out then there's something wrong. I'm more curious about Snell & MacFarland. Snell has apparently dropped weight & has been noticeably faster all offseason. We'll have to wait & see what that means.
I liked Snell coming out. If those reports are accurate, theres certainly a chance

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals re-signed DeAndre Hopkins to a two-year, $54.5 million contract extension.
The deal includes $42.75M guaranteed at signing. The three years left on his current deal essentially morph into a five-year, $95 million contract with $18.8 million annually through 2024. The last year in his age-31 season is voidable, but that would force the Cardinals to pay up $39.5 million at some point upon releasing him. With no-trade and no-franchise tag clauses in place, the road has been paved for Hopkins to finish his career with Kyler Murray in Arizona.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns re-signed Kareem Hunt to a two-year, $13.25 million contract extension.
The deal includes $8.5 million guaranteed. Currently set to make $3.26 million on a one-year tender in 2020, Hunt's annual salary will double that mark and keep him locked up in Cleveland through his age-27 season. Hunt averaged 5.5 targets per game upon joining the Browns in Week 10 last year and projects for a similar role behind Nick Chubb this season. He's a top-of-the-line RB3 with a direct path to week-winning production if Chubb goes down.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunt and Browns getting an extension done puts a cap on Chubb's ceiling, imo, even if I think he'll still be a top 12 RB for fantasy. Limits that top 3 upside big time

Still waiting to see but the further we get to the season...I'm starting agree with this more though. I'm just waiting to see a couple things:

Carry % for each
How Hunt is used in Stefanski's system
Back to his system, passing to running ratio
Also, could hurt if the team is down in a lot of games of course

2019 Vikings - 476 run plays - 3rd most in the NFL (Cook was established back)
2018 Vikings - 357 run plays - 6th worst in the NFL (Cook was injured and they had Murray)

More question marks than I anticipated but still sticking with my prediction that Chubb will get 250+ carries if he stays healthy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did the math for fantasy points per game for Chubb because I was curious

View attachment 252672

Adding to this...

First 9 games, average carries per game - 19.33
Snap count % on offensive plays - 75% (although one game he had 99% which is strangely high)

Last 7 games (w/ Hunt), average carries per game - 17.71
Snap count % on offensive plays - 62%

I think that is significant but with the coaching change we will see

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding to this...

First 9 games, average carries per game - 19.33
Snap count % on offensive plays - 75% (although one game he had 99% which is strangely high)

Last 7 games (w/ Hunt), average carries per game - 17.71
Snap count % on offensive plays - 62%

I think that is significant but with the coaching change we will see
coaching change will be key for sure