• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m assuming Indy picks in the Top 5.

Only two teams gave up more points last year. Only one team scored less.

And they’re starting a rookie at QB.

and where do you have the titans?? LOL...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will admit, I am very low on the titans... they have a terrible offensive line, and a terrible defense... and tannehill is tannehill... maybe that's why I like the Hopkins move so much, because I see a lot of garbage time... a lot of passing... where even tannehill's mediocrity will create a good WR duo in Hopkins and Burks...

I am also higher on the colts because they were "supposed" to win the division last season, until EVERYTHING went wrong... but with a healthier Jonathan Taylor, a new coaching staff, and an upgrade at QB(even if you want to call him a rookie project, he can't be worse than what they had last season)... if their talented offensive line gels, then they can have a top 10 line... I see much higher upside in the colts than I do in the titans... and if Richardson does play at least decently, then they can be really legit...

JMO, but the colts have upside... the titans really don't...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For his career, when Tanny has played 16 games or more, he has averaged over 3800 passing yards and 23 passing TD.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and where do you have the titans?? LOL...
The back half of the first. Very good shot at the playoffs and winning the division. If Tannehill is heathy anyway. They’ve never been under .500 in a season in games he starts.

They were mediocre last year. Improved their line and now their offensive skill players.

They’re over under is 7.5. Over for me. Colts are at 6.5. Under for me.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanny has been the starter since 2019.
These are the receiving leaders since 2019:

Screenshot_20230716_224219_Samsung Internet.jpg

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would've rather seen titans bring in more OL depth than Hopkins but can't say they aren't trying to win with this move.

Immediately upgrades one of the worst WR rooms in the league, even at this stage in Hop's career.

@MilkSpiller22 the colts haven't won the division since 2014, only jackoff national media types had them over the titans in any of the last few years, everyone that paid attention to AFC S had titans on top until November last season.

2021 Titans set record for most different players used in a season due to all their injuries. They broke their own record last year. 2yrs in a row as one of the most injured teams in the league and still better than the colts.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Titans are getting a slight dis from some...
Before they traded AJ Brown prior to 2022, this is basically the same team that made the playoffs 3 straight years. I highly doubt NUK is the missing piece to a super bowl, but it's not like he just signed up to play with a cellar dweller. They have a very realistic shot at winning the AFC South
Also Hopkins knows the OC from their Houston days.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would've rather seen titans bring in more OL depth than Hopkins but can't say they aren't trying to win with this move.

Immediately upgrades one of the worst WR rooms in the league, even at this stage in Hop's career.

@MilkSpiller22 the colts haven't won the division since 2014, only jackoff national media types had them over the titans in any of the last few years, everyone that paid attention to AFC S had titans on top until November last season.

2021 Titans set record for most different players used in a season due to all their injuries. They broke their own record last year. 2yrs in a row as one of the most injured teams in the league and still better than the colts.

whether it was just a trendy pick or not, there were reasons they were high on the colts last year... lots of it was because they were down on the titans!!!... they were right about the titans, wrong about the colts...

I am not using last years projections as the reason I like the colts over the titans... just pointing out there was hype, and just pointing out there was a reason for the hype... things went epicly wrong for them... but the question is whether the hype they saw last year existed or not... I believe some of it was true... and lots of their failure last year was just a downward spiral... you can only expect improvement from them... at least I do...

not sure if the titans did enough during the off-season to fix their problems...

I don't think the colts are going to win the division this season, on paper that is clearly the jaguars...

but I do think the colts are the better team compared to the titans...

might be willing to place a MBBRL bet on this... especially since you people made me explain myself, so I went deeper than I would have ever imagined going in a division I really can care less about...

id rather bet someone that Carolina is going to win the NFC SOUTH....

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id rather bet someone that Carolina is going to win the NFC SOUTH....
I think it will be Atlanta. Too many unknowns in Carolina. I think Atlanta will run an effectively conservative offense.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be Atlanta. Too many unknowns in Carolina. I think Atlanta will run an effectively conservative offense.

I would assume the consensus pick would be the saints. Atlanta is a good pick, that offense could be good. But I see Carolina to be the most complete team. And they paid for the best coaching staff money can buy.

But anything can happen in the worst division in football.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Patriots reporter Evan Lazar writes the team could “feature a heavy dosage of two-tight end sets that will resemble what we saw in [Bill] O’Brien’s first stint with the team.”
During that 2011 season, Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez combined to catch 169 passes for 2,237 yards and 24 touchdowns, with Gronkowski (90-1327-17) leading the way. While we don’t expect Mike Gesicki and Hunter Henry to replicate that same success, it’s possible the pair are both on the field enough to be fantasy relevant this season. Both Henry and Gesicki are being drafted outside of the top-15 tight ends, with Gesicki standing to turn into a solid PPR value. His versatility to operate in-line and from the slot has been hyped by the team all offseason and could prove profitable in fantasy."

Me back in March -
Mike Geisiki to New England..
Now, I'm not saying, but I'm just sayin'...
Last time Bill O'Brian was OC in New England, Gronk and Hernandez caught 170 balls, for 2200 yards and 24 TD's.
Obviously Squishy Mac ain't Brady, and Hunter Henry/Geisiki ain't Gronk/Hernandez.
However...you can put 2 and 2 together and see the direction they're trying to go.

Btw- the RB'S - a garbage collection/MASH unit of BJGE, Vareen, Ridley, and Woodhead, rushed for 1400 and 15.

Just sayin'
Dog Gif GIF

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would assume the consensus pick would be the saints. Atlanta is a good pick, that offense could be good. But I see Carolina to be the most complete team. And they paid for the best coaching staff money can buy.

But anything can happen in the worst division in football.
Carolina looks like a classic rebuilding roster, especially at the skill positions. Guys who are raw, on their last legs, or just plain mediocre, and brand-new coaches. Apart from Young they drafted for talent upside over proven experience (Mingo, DJ Johnson, Zavala), so I think their mindset is that this year's a learning year.

I like their moxie but I think they're a ways away from contending for anything (they also traded away their 2024 first-round pick). And whatever upside they have is vulnerable to some fast musclebound pass rusher catching Young by surprise just once.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina looks like a classic rebuilding roster, especially at the skill positions. Guys who are raw, on their last legs, or just plain mediocre, and brand-new coaches. Apart from Young they drafted for talent upside over proven experience (Mingo, DJ Johnson, Zavala), so I think their mindset is that this year's a learning year.

I like their moxie but I think they're a ways away from contending for anything (they also traded away their 2024 first-round pick). And whatever upside they have is vulnerable to some fast musclebound pass rusher catching Young by surprise just once.

You are probably right. But in a division that bad. Pesky can win it all.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Sports’ Tom Curran reports Patriots head coach Bill Belichick is “on the hot seat” entering the 2023 season.

well after allowing Matt effin Patricia be the OC by default with no replacement for Josh McD's, and not just stunting, but outright regressing his first round QB in the process, I would hope and pray he's got a little Robert Kraft boot in his ass this year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BaltimoreRavens.com’s Clifton Brown said J.K. Dobbins is “highly motivated” entering 2023.
“I don’t think he’s disgruntled,” Brown said of Dobbins, who held out of Baltimore’s mandatory minicamp in June due to contract-related issues. Brown said on the Rotoworld Football Show that new offensive coordinator Todd Monken will try to get Dobbins “in space” as a pass catcher out of the backfield, echoing offseason reports that the team’s new look offense will involve running backs in the passing attack, unlike former Ravens OC Greg Roman.

I"ll believe it when I see it. With a guy like Lamar back there, why would you check down when you're more likely to have more success running it yourself..outside of those times where there's no other options. If everyone downfield is covered, and he's got the choice to run to open space, or throw a check down, he's running. Until proven otherwise, I'll always place the wager on Lamar calling his own number much more often than anything else

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"ll believe it when I see it. With a guy like Lamar back there, why would you check down when you're more likely to have more success running it yourself..outside of those times where there's no other options. If everyone downfield is covered, and he's got the choice to run to open space, or throw a check down, he's running. Until proven otherwise, I'll always place the wager on Lamar calling his own number much more often than anything else
Much better to have both options than not to