• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may begin the season that way, but I doubt he'll end there.

The Athletic’s Zack Rosenblatt believes Michael Carter will begin the season as the Jets’ No. 2 running back.
Carter is in a three-way battle with second-year UDFA Zonovan Knight and rookie fifth-rounder Israel Abanikanda to handle RB2 duties behind Breece Hall. Rosenblatt notes in his article that the possibility of signing Dalvin Cook “looms large on this position group,” but he thinks the running backs in the building will get the first crack at the backup running back role. Carter has been a capable receiver out of the backfield since joining the Jets in 2021 but struggled on the ground to the tune of 3.5 yards per carry last season. For now, Carter makes for an interesting late-round stash in PPR leagues, but it’s possible we see Abanikanda usurp him on the depth chart at some point in the season — which Rosenblatt also hints is a possibility as the season progresses.
If Rodger's likes using him in an Aaron Jones role that'll up his playing time. Jones caught 11 TDs over the last 2 years.

Really up to Rodgers preference if they're all about even. We'll see. Until Hall proves he's healthy they are all decent stashes. Carter has the highest ceiling.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe , whatta ya think? I kinda like the guy myself.

Darnell Mooney said he will be “ready to roll” when the Bears open training camp.
Mooney was sidelined with an ankle injury late last November and didn’t play the remainder of the season. After going for 81-1055-4 in 2021, Mooney’s numbers took a drastic hit in 2022. In 12 games, he managed just 40 receptions for 493 yards and two touchdowns while averaging a career-low 5.1 targets per game. The Bears plan to pass more heading into this season, but Mooney’s target volume could still be impacted by the arrival of D.J. Moore. The fact that he’s ready for camp is a positive sign, but Mooney is little more than a late-round flier in fantasy at this time.
Love Mooney. Bears passing game is a big question mark with a decent chance to be terrible. Moore might be the only one producing.

Passing game will basically go Moore, Run, Kmet then the rest.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole Kamara thing currently.

Saints RB Alvin Kamara plead no contest to a misdemeanor charge stemming from Las Vegas nightclub incident.
Kamara plead no contest to breach of peace charges and was sentenced to community service and $100,000 in damages. The reduced formal proceedings ensure the Saints running back will avoid jail time but he could still be disciplined by the league under the personal conduct policy. Kamara was facing a felony charge following an incident at a nightclub in Las Vegas that occurred during Pro Bowl weekend last season. The reduced cost to acquire Kamara in early fantasy drafts still carries a degree of uncertainty considering the broad nature of the NFL’s personal conduct policy, but it appears the first hurdle has been cleared for the dynamic back.
Four games?

Was kinda assuming he’s miss atleast 8. But also assumed he’d do time.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibbs is going way too late in a way too early mock i did.
The fuck they draft him for if they're not going to get him the rock?

Bijan is going about as high as he can already.
If you look at Gibbs college numbers, you should know he’s not going to be some sort of bell cow back.

He’s Swift, but slightly smaller.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at Gibbs college numbers, you should know he’s not going to be some sort of bell cow back.

Going back through the game by game stats, it looks like they really lightened Swifts load last year, but they did try to get him touches when he was healthy the year before.

15+ touches per is enough. I'm not expecting 300.

Edit: meant to add that I noticed Swifts best game ever was against the Eagles last year. Lol might be over rating that kid. He really did a lot of nothing for the Lions.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think Gibbs gonna set the record for lack of usage for a top 12 pick RB?

Swift didn't run a sub 4.4 40 either

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe , whatta ya think? I kinda like the guy myself.

Darnell Mooney said he will be “ready to roll” when the Bears open training camp.
... The Bears plan to pass more heading into this season, but Mooney’s target volume could still be impacted by the arrival of D.J. Moore.
:agree:
I like him too. But ever since he got to Chicago he was always referred to as a placeholder WR.
I will cheer for the Bears, but i doubt i will draft any. (Queue up Aerosmith's Same Old Song & Dance.) I'm at the point where the Bears need to prove it and not just promise it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add @Chef99 ...
Local chatter seems to suggest that if the passing game does improve, the Bears are looking to get everyone involved.
Moore, Mooney, Kmet, Tonyan, Claypool... sounds like the offense may soread the targets around.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add @Chef99 ...
Local chatter seems to suggest that if the passing game does improve, the Bears are looking to get everyone involved.
Moore, Mooney, Kmet, Tonyan, Claypool... sounds like the offense may soread the targets around.
For the definitively 32nd ranked pass percentage offense of last year.. that's an awful lot of names, and not too many passes

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the definitively 32nd ranked pass percentage offense of last year.. that's an awful lot of names, and not too many passes
Rumor has it they will use the same approach to the run game too. Ebner, Foreman, Herbert & Homer.

If they do NOT choose go the RBBC route (and the the WRBC for that matter), my guess is they are hoping someone steps up and stands out in camp. Until then, everyone has a shot. Either that or they really are dead set at spreading things around.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea what that record would be.

Reggie Bush level touches would be good.
L. Phillips 201 touches in 15 games #6 overall..that's pretty crappy,
But I do believe the winner, not counting injuries severely shortening that rookie season would be CJ Spiller and his 98 touches in 14 games as the #9 pick

For comparisons sake..Reggie Bush had 243, with Duece still playing well and getting 250+

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L. Phillips 201 touches in 15 games #6 overall..that's pretty crappy,
But I do believe the winner, not counting injuries severely shortening that rookie season would be CJ Spiller and his 98 touches in 14 games as the #9 pick
201 touches would be a new high for Gibbs.

And about what I’m anticipating.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it they will use the same approach to the run game too. Ebner, Foreman, Herbert & Homer.

If they do NOT choose go the RBBC route (and the the WRBC for that matter), my guess is they are hoping someone steps up and stands out in camp. Until then, everyone has a shot. Either that or they really are dead set at spreading things around.
Well, barring either of them getting injured, if it isn't Herbert and Foreman leading that group by a wide margin, they messed up somewhere. Those two are well beyond the rest, both in talent and proven production.

And you skipped Roschon Johnson, who may or may not be of note :)

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kamara cuts a deal, avoids the felony charge, pays off the victim (I'm not using the term 'alleged victim', go F yourself Alvin..you did it), gets community service and a $500 fine.

Now what will Roger do? some history suggests he'll sweep it under the rug, just like the Vegas DA just did. Other history suggests he'll still come down hard on him, regardless of the legal outcome.

the saga continues, but at least one aspect is finally done
Be interesting to see what the NFL does here since there seems to be absolutely no rhyme or reason as to how many games anybody gets for any incident. Still amazing to me that the NFL PA just lets the NFL kind of do whatever they want in these situations. I figured he'd get 6 games originally, but now that the felony charge is off the table and he isn't doing any jail time, there's no telling what they'll do. Could be 6, could be 4, could be 2, could be a slap on the wrist. Depends on when Goodell's most recent blow job was.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be interesting to see what the NFL does here since there seems to be absolutely no rhyme or reason as to how many games anybody gets for any incident. Still amazing to me that the NFL PA just lets the NFL kind of do whatever they want in these situations. I figured he'd get 6 games originally, but now that the felony charge is off the table and he isn't doing any jail time, there's no telling what they'll do. Could be 6, could be 4, could be 2, could be a slap on the wrist. Depends on when Goodell's most recent blow job was.
They bartered away their say so in disciplinary matters to let guys smoke weed and have less contact in training camps/preseason.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, barring either of them getting injured, if it isn't Herbert and Foreman leading that group by a wide margin, they messed up somewhere. Those two are well beyond the rest, both in talent and proven production.

And you skipped Roschon Johnson, who may or may not be of note :)
Dont know what the rest of the country hears or speculates about the Bears? But locally, there is not one mention about the RB. Zero. All talk centers about Fields improving as a passer and an improved passing game.