• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it begins...

ESPN's Mel Kiper projected Texas RB Bijan Robinson to the Cowboys in the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft.​

Kiper rightly points out that Jerry Jones "loves star running backs," trying repeatedly over the past 30 years to replicate the success of the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys, with Emmitt Smith running wild behind a dominant offensive line. Robinson, the first back off the board in Kiper's recent mock draft, was a standout at Texas, rushing for 1,580 yards and 18 touchdowns in his final collegiate season. He had 29 rushing scores over his final 22 games at Texas. Ezekiel Elliott will turn 28 this summer and has lost a step over the past few seasons, to put it mildly. Meanwhile, Tony Pollard suffered a broken leg in the Cowboys' Divisional Round loss to the Niners and will rehab the injury throughout the offseason. Robinson would instantly be a top-10 fantasy running back if he were to serve as Dallas' lead back in 2023.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it begins...

ESPN's Mel Kiper projected Texas RB Bijan Robinson to the Cowboys in the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft.​

Kiper rightly points out that Jerry Jones "loves star running backs," trying repeatedly over the past 30 years to replicate the success of the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys, with Emmitt Smith running wild behind a dominant offensive line. Robinson, the first back off the board in Kiper's recent mock draft, was a standout at Texas, rushing for 1,580 yards and 18 touchdowns in his final collegiate season. He had 29 rushing scores over his final 22 games at Texas. Ezekiel Elliott will turn 28 this summer and has lost a step over the past few seasons, to put it mildly. Meanwhile, Tony Pollard suffered a broken leg in the Cowboys' Divisional Round loss to the Niners and will rehab the injury throughout the offseason. Robinson would instantly be a top-10 fantasy running back if he were to serve as Dallas' lead back in 2023.
Well I hope Mel and everyone else remembers where they heard it first...about a dozen posts ago.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about GB considering trading Rodgers to an AFC team. Offhand I figure candidates would be:

Raiders
Steelers
Titans
Indy
Jets
Patriots

Not sure it would really affect anybody in Green Bay, because Rodgers may not be better than Love any more. Obviously would be good for Davante if he goes to LV, good for everybody if he goes to Pittsburgh, Indy, or the Jets, and probably good for Henry if he goes south. Pats are a mystery.

Rodgers technically can't nix, but of course he can nix. I get the feeling he wouldn't be interested in the Pats or Indy, and he may not want to deal with New York.

Titans would be terrifying with Rodgers, but they have a cap problem. Steelers can probably shed some guys and get there. Raiders have some room. The Pats have the most room.

Last edited:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is an enigma.
His personality could be an issue.
Plus i could see both sides of the argument that he is either past his prime or still has that "it" factor.
He most of his damage in a weak NFC North. He arguably does not have the weapons in GB.
His personality may be the issue that teams dont want to deal with. He is under contract and he is already floating the idea of not playing next year. Undecided so he says.
Is it a ploy? Or is it legit? Or is he just a talented whackjob?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about GB considering trading Rodgers to an AFC team. Offhand I figure candidates would be:

Raiders
Steelers
Titans
Indy
Jets
Patriots

Not sure it would really affect anybody in Green Bay, because Rodgers may not be better than Love any more. Obviously would be good for Davante if he goes to LV, good for everybody if he goes to Pittsburgh, Indy, or the Jets, and probably good for Henry if he goes south. Pats are a mystery.

Rodgers technically can't nix, but of course he can nix. I get the feeling he wouldn't be interested in the Pats or Indy, and he may not want to deal with New York.

Titans would be terrifying with Rodgers, but they have a cap problem. Steelers can probably shed some guys and get there. Raiders have some room. The Pats have the most room.

Titans would be in cap hell if they were able to free up enough room to bring Rodgers in, that would most likely be the only FA signing they could afford.

Doesn't count them out by any means, but is a clear hurdle they'd have to overcome.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans would be in cap hell if they were able to free up enough room to bring Rodgers in, that would most likely be the only FA signing they could afford.

Doesn't count them out by any means, but is a clear hurdle they'd have to overcome.
I think the Titans would be the most interested - for a SB they have to strike while the Henry is hot. But yeah, it would take painful moves.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Titans would be the most interested - for a SB they have to strike while the Henry is hot. But yeah, it would take painful moves.

they fumbled the bag already with Henry, imo
needed to bolster the OL last off season and did nothing

wtf happened to the money they supposedly saved by not signing AJ Brown? Jon Robinson found out the answer to that question the hard way

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they fumbled the bag already with Henry, imo
needed to bolster the OL last off season and did nothing

wtf happened to the money they supposedly saved by not signing AJ Brown? Jon Robinson found out the answer to that question the hard way
I don't know, but that shit worked out great for AJ Brown.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local Denver toolbags reporting the deal is done for Sean Peyton. This years #1 (from the Chubb trade #29), '24 #2, for the rights to Peyton, and the Aint's '24 #3

Ridiculous deal imho, but hey, they ineptitude led to all other options turning them down, so they kinda had to

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local Denver toolbags reporting the deal is done for Sean Peyton. This years #1 (from the Chubb trade #29), '24 #2, for the rights to Peyton, and the Aint's '24 #3

Ridiculous deal imho, but hey, they ineptitude led to all other options turning them down, so they kinda had to

well when all of your candidates are turning you down, you trade a 1st rounder for a HC, I guess

Ryans signed with Texans a moment ago as well

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Payton gets hurt by those terms, not helped. He takes over a slightly worse situation than any other candidate would.

But Payton probably gets his pick, and with McCarthy staying in Dallas, of Houston, Indy, Arizona, Denver and maybe Washington, Denver looks strongest.

As far as the Broncos, they're probably willing to give picks for Payton because they need the jolt of respectability that only he can bring.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Payton gets hurt by those terms, not helped. He takes over a slightly worse situation than any other candidate would.

But Payton probably gets his pick, and with McCarthy staying in Dallas, of Houston, Indy, Arizona, Denver and maybe Washington, Denver looks strongest.

As far as the Broncos, they're probably willing to give picks for Payton because they need the jolt of respectability that only he can bring.
That's pretty much what all the local talking heads were saying too.

Peyton always had the option of another year at FOX and then having his choice next year too, so there was a choice to be made whether he'd even come back at all.

I mean, probably the best coach that Denver could have hired. But man, they have gutted the future of this franchise and pushed all in on a seemingly broken RW, and a HC who is going to push the GM out the door, and has virtually zero success that isn't directly tied to having Drew Brees at QB. Only one year without Drew, went 9 and 8, nothing to laugh at, but ain't exactly stellar either. Was it Drew or Payton, or did magic only happen because both were there?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much what all the local talking heads were saying too.

Peyton always had the option of another year at FOX and then having his choice next year too, so there was a choice to be made whether he'd even come back at all.

I mean, probably the best coach that Denver could have hired. But man, they have gutted the future of this franchise and pushed all in on a seemingly broken RW, and a HC who is going to push the GM out the door, and has virtually zero success that isn't directly tied to having Drew Brees at QB. Only one year without Drew, went 9 and 8, nothing to laugh at, but ain't exactly stellar either. Was it Drew or Payton, or did magic only happen because both were there?
I think the Wilson trade gutted so much that you had to find the best way to get the most out of him, and that's Sean P.

We're looking at maybe three years, during which they're hoping to not earn high draft picks anyway.

They'll make the playoffs next year, I bet.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson could be the factor.
Is RW done? Or does Peyton convince him to play like he did in Seattle.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Wilson trade gutted so much that you had to find the best way to get the most out of him, and that's Sean P.

We're looking at maybe three years, during which they're hoping to not earn high draft picks anyway.

They'll make the playoffs next year, I bet.
I would be truly shocked to see them make the playoffs with things as is. Chiefs in division, Chargers with a real OC, and plenty of talent to beat anyone if they can ever just put it together. Raiders, depending in the QB...maybe worthy of note..but more directly, who runs the defense, and can it be what it was, and is RW just plain spent or does he still have it.

Any of those question marks go in a direction not in Denvers favor, they ain't a playoff team, just too tough in that division to have those kinds of question marks and expect a playoff run...which is why I never bank on my Raiders

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be truly shocked to see them make the playoffs with things as is. Chiefs in division, Chargers with a real OC, and plenty of talent to beat anyone if they can ever just put it together. Raiders, depending in the QB...maybe worthy of note..but more directly, who runs the defense, and can it be what it was, and is RW just plain spent or does he still have it.

Any of those question marks go in a direction not in Denvers favor, they ain't a playoff team, just too tough in that division to have those kinds of question marks and expect a playoff run...which is why I never bank on my Raiders
I don’t see them winning the division - the question is can they be one of the three wild cards out of the remaining 12 teams. They’ll get a soft schedule this year. If RW gets on track they should be right in there.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson played well vs the Chiefs, who have stymied 2 very strong offenses in the playoffs so far, for whatever that's worth

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson played well vs the Chiefs, who have stymied 2 very strong offenses in the playoffs so far, for whatever that's worth
Jeudy is a good receiver and the demise of Wilson is slightly overblown. Pff had him about as good as Cousins last year iirc.

It's just that I'm not sure the Broncos offensive talent as a whole is in a good spot. Do they get Patrick back?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is the better spot for Ryans. He can really shape that team and possibly stay there for a long time.

Payton is 20 years older than Ryans. If he spends three-to-five good years in Denver that's a win.

They're both where they should be, IMO (if Payton didn't go to Dallas).