• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to see you don’t bet on games, Treff!
What a push is bad on the spread? Lol..oops

No I do not

Farthest I go is maybe lunch with a co worker on a Bronco/Raider game, and it's always win or lose, no spread

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a push is bad on the spread? Lol..oops

No I do not

Farthest I go is maybe lunch with a co worker on a Bronco/Raider game, and it's always win or lose, no spread
Wise man.

(The +3 means Indy gets three points added. If the Broncos had converted that last play and gotten a TD Indy would have lost 15-12 since they don’t kick extra points after the game is over any more. That would have been a push.)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wise man.

(The +3 means Indy gets three points added. If the Broncos had converted that last play and gotten a TD Indy would have lost 15-12 since they don’t kick extra points after the game is over any more. That would have been a push.)
thats so dumb..Indy +3..Indy won by 3..that should be a push, Indy winning by 4+ should be a win, and Indy winning by 2 or less, or outright losing should be a loss..no wonder I've never even considered playing the spread..dumb dumb dumb

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely got that last one, nicely done

A little luck goes a long way when you're doing parlays!

Have had an unusually lucky streak to start the year, up around 4x starting balance on the season already

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats so dumb..Indy +3..Indy won by 3..that should be a push, Indy winning by 4+ should be a win, and Indy winning by 2 or less, or outright losing should be a loss..no wonder I've never even considered playing the spread..dumb dumb dumb

+3 is Vegas' way to theoretically spot one team enough points in order to get roughly 50% of the money wagered on both outcomes.

Take the over/under and the spread and you can see what score Vegas projects a game to end at/what spread they have to set in order to get gamblers to bet on the underdog (typically)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+3 is Vegas' way to theoretically spot one team enough points in order to get roughly 50% of the money wagered on both outcomes.

Take the over/under and the spread and you can see what score Vegas projects a game to end at/what spread they have to set in order to get gamblers to bet on the underdog (typically)
you may as well have typed that in espanol

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha..my boy Ozigbo got a touch!

Yeah Ryan is just spent, Lundsay looked decent, but was, imho, trying too hard, made a bunch of bad reads on runs, but overall looked better than the rookie.

As to RW?? Guy is NOT looking like he used too. He's making some really bad throws tonight.
I'd be very nervous if I were a Bronco fan
Went to the Thursday night game last night. It was brutal. Boring, boring boring then bad coaching and my Broncos lose. Their DST had been stout. Why not take the FG and count on your defense?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the Thursday night game last night. It was brutal. Boring, boring boring then bad coaching and my Broncos lose. Their DST had been stout. Why not take the FG and count on your defense?
No idea..was shocked at that decision myself.

That FG wouldve forced force Matt Ryan to punch in a TD, which was painfully obvious that he was very unlikely to do. I do like the decision to go for the TD in OT, play to win (the play call not so much, i immediately thought of the Super Bowl play where they didnt go Beast Mode), but they never should've been in OT to start with.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea..was shocked at that decision myself.

That FG wouldve forced force Matt Ryan to punch in a TD, which was painfully obvious that he was very unlikely to do. I do like the decision to go for the TD in OT, play to win (the play call not so much, i immediately thought of the Super Bowl play where they didnt go Beast Mode), but they never should've been in OT to start with.

Death, Taxes, and Russell Wilson throwing INTs in obvious running situations in the red zone with the game on the line

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos are simply falling apart..fast

last week they lost their best RB and 2nd best pass rusher, and last night they lost their starting LT and a starting CB.

sell sell sell on your Broncos

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really sorry you had to go through that debacle in person. My personal favorite part was the shot of them showing a lot of fans leaving the stadium at the end of regulation and not even staying for the overtime. They were just done at that point and they turned out to be the smart ones. Those two picks Wilson threw last night were completely horrible. The first one he just threw it up for grabs and the second one was awful when they were already in field goal range which probably puts the game out of reach. Something just isn't right with him and it doesn't even do them any good to suck this year since they don't have their first or second rounder next year anyway.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think of it as giving and taking.
If you take, you add. If you give, you subtract.

Buffalo is -14 vs Pittsburgh. That means Buffalo is giving Pittsburgh 14 points. So if the Bills win 14 - 0, they would not cover the spread, since they need more than 14 (usually games have a .5 with it to avoid this… -13.5 and a 14 - 0 win would cover the spread).

Now, gamble away!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos are simply falling apart..fast

last week they lost their best RB and 2nd best pass rusher, and last night they lost their starting LT and a starting CB.

sell sell sell on your Broncos

and their starting ILB

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of it as giving and taking.
If you take, you add. If you give, you subtract.

Buffalo is -14 vs Pittsburgh. That means Buffalo is giving Pittsburgh 14 points. So if the Bills win 14 - 0, they would not cover the spread, since they need more than 14 (usually games have a .5 with it to avoid this… -13.5 and a 14 - 0 win would cover the spread).

Now, gamble away!
Well that's the thing...I'm taking Indy, +3...to any sane individual that means, I'm picking Indy to win by 3 or more. Period

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I was done with the game by this time, but I just watched Hamler's drama.

I'm thinking bush league move all the way. Am I wrong? As I said, I didn't see it live.

Was it just the passion of the moment?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I was done with the game by this time, but I just watched Hamler's drama.

I'm thinking bush league move all the way. Am I wrong? As I said, I didn't see it live.

Was it just the passion of the moment?
Apparently, on the 4th down play in OT, the call was for Juedy to run a pick/rub, and get a quick hitter to Hamler as the primary read...which worked, Hamler was open, but RW looked at Sutton as the 1st read, and didn't come to Hamler until his route ran him into coverage, and then RW went for Sutton...and that's was why he was so upset. The play called would've worked, had RW went were the play was designed
So says Brandon Stokley

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, on the 4th down play in OT, the call was for Juedy to run a pick/rub, and get a quick hitter to Hamler as the primary read...which worked, Hamler was open, but RW looked at Sutton as the 1st read, and didn't come to Hamler until his route ran him into coverage, and then RW went for Sutton...and that's was why he was so upset. The play called would've worked, had RW went were the play was designed
So says Brandon Stokley
All of that is correct, which begs the question on why they were designing the most important play of the game to go to KJ Hamler? Yes Wilson missed him early in his route, but it seems strange that the guy that had 1 catch for 10 yards on 2 targets would be the focal point of the play in the first place.