• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take the opposing view here.
Without looking at stats, i would label Keenum as a "poor man's" Alex Smith. Not flashy but moves the ball.
True but as TREFF said in limited snaps and no real gametime it's hard to project how he will play. I mean as far as a backup he is one of the best but he should be prepared.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take the opposing view here.
Without looking at stats, i would label Keenum as a "poor man's" Alex Smith. Not flashy but moves the ball.
Yeah, that the thing, he is a competent QB, or at least used to be, and who knows, there could've been other factors in play as to why his Washington stint went so horribly wrong, because it did start out decent, 2 of his first 3 starts were impressive, stat wise.

I looked at who he had in Washington, maybe he just had nothing to work with, right? AP neared 1000 yards, Guice was around for most of his games, McLaurin was a rook, but he was there, and he had VD at TE..so he wasn't totally void of talent, but then you look at what he's stepping into tomorrow night, no Chubb, no Hunt, no OBJ, maybe no Landry, banged up tackles..it's possibly worse than what he had to work with in Washington.

I'd say a poor man's Alex Smith is pretty accurate representation of Keenum, especially the Keenum of today although, the kid was a major gunslinger coming out of college, all sorts of "career" NCAA records to his name, and he even missed most of his Junior season. And if he had some healthy skill position players maybe I'd have a little higher expectations of him. It's just hard to expect much.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers are signing Whitney Mercilus. To me this signals, either Z Smith wont be returning or Preston Smith is missing extensive time.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers are signing Whitney Mercilus. To me this signals, either Z Smith wont be returning or Preston Smith is missing extensive time.
How aout the packers just get entirely new LB's? I mean they're halfway there already

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How aout the packers just get entirely new LB's? I mean they're halfway there already
Campbell is new this year and the top rated LB
Jaylon Smith and now Whitney Mercilus

Hey if it helps im all for it.

Go all in for one last shot with 12

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell is new this year and the top rated LB
Jaylon Smith and now Whitney Mercilus

Hey if it helps im all for it.

Go all in for one last shot with 12
well the rest of your division is doing their best to at minimum hand the division title on a silver platter. Lions 0-fer, Vikes .500, Chicago .500 and already onto the rookie QB the they claimed they had no intentions of playing this year

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coach Bruce Arians "laughed at the idea" of the Bucs potentially trading Ronald Jones.​

Jones is in the final year of his rookie contract and obviously has no future in the organization beyond this season, but he does represent experienced depth for a Bucs team looking to make another run at the Super Bowl. That's some value. But Jones' role has evaporated, functioning only as Leonard Fournette's breather back. Jones is averaging a mere five carries per game at 3.8 yards a pop. Jones would need a Fournette injury to be of any value in fantasy.

well the Rotoworld commentary dude has it backwards again..Arians didn't laugh as in it's dumb to think they'd trade him..he laughed because he knows he wouldn't find a trade partner that would give jack sqwat for him

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same in a few leagues where I have RB depth issues or bye week issues and I just need a guy that's going to get 10-15 touches, who cares what yds/TDs come with that, lol
if things keep trending towards this 3+ back committee crap, we may have to being considering Point per carry or point per touch scoring systems as a new norm

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same in a few leagues where I have RB depth issues or bye week issues and I just need a guy that's going to get 10-15 touches, who cares what yds/TDs come with that, lol
Yeah he is definitely going to get touches unless of course he gets hurt as well. Felton just isn't a RB/WR type that will get a lot of carries. I have a feeling he will used in different ways but Johnson should be the workhorse. The closer the game, the more carries

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vikings' Kene Nwangwu: Activated from IR​

Rotowire OCT 19, 2021
Nwangwu (knee) was activated from injured reserve Tuesday.
Nwangwu was designated to return to practice in late September and the team clearly feels he looks good enough to rejoin the active roster. The Vikings released Ameer Abdullah in a corresponding move, leaving Nwangwu as the third-string running back behind Dalvin Cook and Alexander Mattison

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coach Bruce Arians "laughed at the idea" of the Bucs potentially trading Ronald Jones.​

Jones is in the final year of his rookie contract and obviously has no future in the organization beyond this season, but he does represent experienced depth for a Bucs team looking to make another run at the Super Bowl. That's some value. But Jones' role has evaporated, functioning only as Leonard Fournette's breather back. Jones is averaging a mere five carries per game at 3.8 yards a pop. Jones would need a Fournette injury to be of any value in fantasy.

well the Rotoworld commentary dude has it backwards again..Arians didn't laugh as in it's dumb to think they'd trade him..he laughed because he knows he wouldn't find a trade partner that would give jack sqwat for him
I’ve never understood the disrespect Jones gets. He had back to back seasons over 1000 yards from scrimmage, in his second and third year. And averaged over 5/carry last year.

I wouldn’t trade him if I were Tampa either. Prolly isn’t a backfield in the league right now with better depth. (Like right now, today now.)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if things keep trending towards this 3+ back committee crap, we may have to being considering Point per carry or point per touch scoring systems as a new norm
As long as everybody’s in the same boat it doesn’t really matter. And that’s from an owner stuck with the Texans RBs.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never understood the disrespect Jones gets. He had back to back seasons over 1000 yards from scrimmage, in his second and third year. And averaged over 5/carry last year.

I wouldn’t trade him if I were Tampa either. Prolly isn’t a backfield in the league right now with better depth. (Like right now, today now.)
1000 yards from scrimmage is no claim to fame. 40+ players did it in 2020, 50+ in 2019, 40+ in 2018.

I do agree though he's worth a helluvalot more as depth in TB than anything they could get for him

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1000 yards from scrimmage is no claim to fame. 40+ players did it in 2020, 50+ in 2019, 40+ in 2018.

I do agree though he's worth a helluvalot more as depth in TB than anything they could get for him
How many RBs did it in both 19 and 20?(I don’t know if that’s easy to sort or not, if it is…)