• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think the Saints are also open to bringing in Fournette??

(should they lose Kamara, of course)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when I first saw the Kamara trade possibilities, I thought that's awful.
But look at how the Jets force-fed Bell last year after getting him signed.

If a team makes that move, it'd be pretty poor decision if they don't use him after getting him
also assuming that the trade partner would need to sign an extension or he'd just sit out for them as well

odds are, this is just weak negotiation tactic by the club, but never know. Lots more trades in recent NFL days than in previous

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kamara didn't even have a great season last year WTH is he thinking asking 15 million? Crazy, especially with the cap getting reduced next season. Not good news for me as I own him in 3 leagues and I'm lucky it's only 3.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I want to pay a RB like Kamara that much money. Great pass-catcher and we are seeing more RB's like this in the league but he isn't anything special as a runner. Sure you look at his YPC and the immediate reaction is WOW! I see that as a system stat more than anything...don't get me wrong he is still a heck of a RB but without that system fit I think his value declines significantly. So I think he could be worth it for the Saints but still $15M...maybe like Harold said this is a tactic to work down that price some. Like $12/13M/year.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Leonard Fournette has filed a grievance against the Jaguars to recoup his $4.167 million salary for 2020.
The Jags voided the remainder of Fournette's guarantees after the league gave him a one-game suspension in 2018. The fight has been ongoing ever since. It was an expansive reading of the rules by the Jags, as Fournette's suspension was not drug, steroid or off-the-field related, but rather for punching Shaq Lawson. It is unclear how an arbiter might eventually rule.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josina Anderson reports the Saints are "open to trading" Alvin Kamara.
Ex-ESPN reporter Anderson has many strong connections in the player community. This would qualify as "stunning but not surprising," as the Saints and Kamara have not seemed anywhere close to on the same page with his expiring contract. Due $2.133 million in the final year of his rookie deal, Kamara has piled up touches for the Saints while taking a beating. He dealt with ankle and knee injuries last season and has dealt with a concussion. Headed into his age-25 campaign, Kamara knows the time to get paid is now. Kamara's departure would leave a gaping hole in the Saints' offense, but the win-now franchise is short on cap space. They also have a plug-and-play backup on the roster in Latavius Murray. This one could actually get interesting.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Kamara is definitely the rare type of RB that might get Arian's juices flowing...that'd be interesting as hell.

The Saints, if there's no Kamara? Lat, TyMo, and some dude off the street would likely be just fine

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2020-9-1_16-4-55.png

HAHAHAHA

looks like it's Brees/Thomas/Kamara after all this season

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 252164

HAHAHAHA

looks like it's Brees/Thomas/Kamara after all this season
Well Ian Rappaport's tweet of the agents quote, doesn't line up with him being away from the team the past few days...

"Alvin Kamara tells NFL Network's Ian Rapoport that he has not requested a trade and is not holding out.
Meanwhile, The Athletic's Jeff Duncan has confirmed the Saints are "open" to dealing Kamara if they can't come to a long-term agreement. Kamara has been away from the team for several days but evidently doesn't view it as a holdout."

Theres definitely some miscommunication at the very least going on

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic's Jeff Duncan reports the Saints' "first option" is to re-sign Alvin Kamara, but that they will seek a first-round pick in trade talks if an accord cannot be reached.
There has been a tidal wave of Kamara information in the past hour, with the Saints leaking their trade willingness and Kamara directly saying he is not holding out or seeking a trade. In extension talks, the divide in average annual value appears to be $4 million, with Kamara aiming for roughly $16 million and the Saints hoping to remain in the $12 million range. A trade is hard to envision for a franchise dying to hoist another Lombardi, but sometimes wells simply become too poisoned. Stay tuned.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard Fournette went unclaimed on waivers, officially making him a free agent.
Teams are surely interested in Fournette, but not at his previously-scheduled $4.167 million salary. Fournette could fetch somewhere in the neighborhood of $2-$2.5 million as a backfield fortifier. Obvious suitors have yet to emerge, though the Rams have said they are not interested. Fournette should not be on the open market longer than 48 hours.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ian Rappaport's tweet of the agents quote, doesn't line up with him being away from the team the past few days...

"Alvin Kamara tells NFL Network's Ian Rapoport that he has not requested a trade and is not holding out.
Meanwhile, The Athletic's Jeff Duncan has confirmed the Saints are "open" to dealing Kamara if they can't come to a long-term agreement. Kamara has been away from the team for several days but evidently doesn't view it as a holdout."

Theres definitely some miscommunication at the very least going on

agent says Kamara has been in the building every day, I trust that source over any others, including The Athletic.

is that dude watching everyone walk into the building from the parking lot???

word from the saints is that they want to sign Kamara 1st and foremost. Obviously would trade him if the right price was offered, no different than any fantasy owner. But highly doubtful anyone is offering a 1st round pick + to get a RB that they have to extend right away on their team

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints are 37 Million over the the expected cap for next year with few options to make space Kamara and his agent are asking for money that just isn't there.

how much were the chiefs expected to be over when they figured out how to extend Kelce after signing Mahomes?

these teams have a way of working that cap number. It is a glaring sign that they are so far over.

But when you are as close as the Saints are to getting to the SB, mortgaging the future for a title now is the best strategy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints are 37 Million over the the expected cap for next year with few options to make space Kamara and his agent are asking for money that just isn't there.
Not counting the reduction in the cap to boot.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much were the chiefs expected to be over when they figured out how to extend Kelce after signing Mahomes?

these teams have a way of working that cap number. It is a glaring sign that they are so far over.

But when you are as close as the Saints are to getting to the SB, mortgaging the future for a title now is the best strategy.

The Chiefs did those extensions to clear space(Most of them were pushing money off of this year to later seasons) the Saints don't really have many options unless the cap is much higher than expected. Brees already has a ton of dead money for next year and Thomas just got new money so they've already done what they could with him. I'm not saying its impossible, but Kamara is going to have to come off that 15 million number and is probably going to need a longer deal to spread the cap hit out.