• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my starting lineup by just their rankings...what do you think my record is?

View attachment 221484
Looks like should be a one or 2 loss team, but, I know the scheduling gods don't give a damn about having the best team, just who went friggin nuts that particular week, so I'm gonna guess 3-5

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like should be a one or 2 loss team, but, I know the scheduling gods don't give a damn about having the best team, just who went friggin nuts that particular week, so I'm gonna guess 3-5

1st in points scored
2nd to last in points given up

FML

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st in points scored
2nd to last in points given up

FML
That's the way it goes. I can't tell you how many times I've had the top scoring team on the year and missed the playoffs. But I wouldn't trade it, I'm sure theres more than a few times I got in the money with a team that benefited from the schedule too

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the way it goes. I can't tell you how many times I've had the top scoring team on the year and missed the playoffs. But I wouldn't trade it, I'm sure theres more than a few times I got in the money with a team that benefited from the schedule too
I agree. However, this last 3 year stretch in my main money league has been fucking brutal.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this^^

anytime I'm getting pissed about scoring a ton of pts and not having the record to show for it, i remember my back-to-back work league championships

Cutler/McCown then Kirk Cousins, leading my teams to victory, right off the waiver heap.
I did have good RBs both years though, but a bunch of 2nd fiddle/no names at WR in a PPR league.

the coworkers changed to an auction draft after my reign of terror, and I sucked the last couple years before that league disbanded this season (too many people left the company or dept we met each other in)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Some of my best FF memories were teams I built off the wire. The Billy Volek/Bennett (I think was his name)/Droughns team was a lot of fun. But 3 straight years of this is wearing me down...………...lol. My chances of making the playoffs are pretty slim-2 down with 6 to play. At least I get to play him once more though

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots waived WR Josh Gordon.
Gordon is being cut loose from injured reserve, presumably with a settlement. Since it's after the trade deadline, the 28-year-old is subject to waivers. The Dolphins, Bengals and Redskins have the top three claims. In theory, interest will be robust. In practice, Gordon keeps resurfacing to high expectations then failing to deliver. He will undoubtedly get claimed, but it is probably long past time for the fantasy community to recalibrate its Gordon expectations. Provided there is one, we should know Gordon's new home by Friday.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually a wow. I have no idea where he's gonna fit in, but Pete Carroll is BB (aka: The Genius) #2.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eahawks claimed WR Josh Gordon off waivers from the Patriots.
Coach Pete Carroll said, "He’s a unique talent. Next week we’ll take a look and see what he looks like." Gordon is apparently healthy after being released from the injured reserve list by the Patriots, although he won't suit up Sunday against the Buccaneers. Tyler Lockett is safe in the slot, while electric rookie D.K. Metcalf figures to continue to see a majority of reps in 2-WR sets. Gordon's presence will most likely relegate David Moore and Jaron Brown to the bench. Flash is far from washed; he demonstrated some elite contested-catch ability and made plenty of solid plays after the catch in six games with the Patriots this season. Still, the Seahawks' run-first offense will struggle to enable more than one or two consistent fantasy WRs more weeks than not.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eahawks claimed WR Josh Gordon off waivers from the Patriots.
Coach Pete Carroll said, "He’s a unique talent. Next week we’ll take a look and see what he looks like." Gordon is apparently healthy after being released from the injured reserve list by the Patriots, although he won't suit up Sunday against the Buccaneers. Tyler Lockett is safe in the slot, while electric rookie D.K. Metcalf figures to continue to see a majority of reps in 2-WR sets. Gordon's presence will most likely relegate David Moore and Jaron Brown to the bench. Flash is far from washed; he demonstrated some elite contested-catch ability and made plenty of solid plays after the catch in six games with the Patriots this season. Still, the Seahawks' run-first offense will struggle to enable more than one or two consistent fantasy WRs more weeks than not.

Not a great landing for Gordon. At least, not for fantasy purposes.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Thielen (questionable, hamstring) is a game-time decision for Week 9 against the Chiefs.
The Vikings want to work out Thielen pre-game before they make a decision on his status. Thielen had a sleeve on his leg during his limited practice week and isn't a lock to return. He's been pushing to play, but the Vikings may not want to risk a setback. Thielen won't be 100 percent if he suits up

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a great landing for Gordon. At least, not for fantasy purposes.
i would say you are right when counting on a constant floor

but in time who knows maybe the hit and miss becomes more hit than miss when R Wilson is scrambling and instead of Lockett flying open it could be Gordon as well

however it sure is a very wait and see....

hey ya can always trade him to Sam..

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would say you are right when counting on a constant floor

but in time who knows maybe the hit and miss becomes more hit than miss when R Wilson is scrambling and instead of Lockett flying open it could be Gordon as well

however it sure is a very wait and see....

hey ya can always trade him to Sam..
I dropped him in one of the 2 leagues I owned him in.........stupid cuz that is the Playoff league and now it looks like he could at least be useful when the playoffs start.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news

SPN's Adam Schefter reports Adam Thielen (hamstring) is expected to play in Week 9 against the Chiefs.
The Vikings will still presumably workout Thielen pre-game to test his hamstring in the mid-40s temperature of Arrowhead. Assuming he's made active, fantasy players should slide him in as a low-end WR1 behind Stefon Diggs. Patrick Mahomes' (knee, questionable) pending availability would only enhance Thielen's ceiling if all involved are healthy.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad news

PN's Adam Schefter reports James Conner (shoulder) is not expected to play in Week 9 against the Colts.
He's also "in jeopardy" of missing Pittsburgh's Week 10 contest against the Rams. With Benny Snell (knee) additionally sidelined for the next few weeks following a meniscus trim, Jaylen Samuels projects to handle nearly every touch ahead of Trey Edmunds and Tony Brooks-James in the Steelers' next two games. Fire Samuels up with complete confidence as a low-end RB1 against Indy

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPN's Adam Schefter reports DeSean Jackson (abdomen) is expected to play in Week 9 against the Bears.
It's the first time Jackson will be available for the Eagles since Week 2. Opposing defenses have adjusted to Philadelphia's offense with ease the past month, most recently double-teaming and/or sticking their best corner on Zach Ertz and forcing Carson Wentz to look elsewhere. Jackson's ability to take the top off of secondaries should open up the field for all as early as Sunday against the Bears. He's an immediate WR3 whereas both Nelson Agholor and Mack Hollins should be downgraded with the Eagles presumably continuing to run a league-high rate of two tight end sets featuring Dallas Goedert and Ertz.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news

SPN's Adam Schefter reports Adam Thielen (hamstring) is expected to play in Week 9 against the Chiefs.
The Vikings will still presumably workout Thielen pre-game to test his hamstring in the mid-40s temperature of Arrowhead. Assuming he's made active, fantasy players should slide him in as a low-end WR1 behind Stefon Diggs. Patrick Mahomes' (knee, questionable) pending availability would only enhance Thielen's ceiling if all involved are healthy.

I don't like rushing guys back from hammy injuries, hope he's actually right if he takes the field and not pushing it, one of the easiest ones to reinjure