• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirkwood, a few rooks that thus far have no name status, Michael Thomas and Jared Cook. Given the shift more to Kamara and less all through Brees, highly doubt there's sufficient volume to support what would be a #4 option in the passing game, in all but deep, deep leagues.
.Ginn would be my least favorite as the deep ball isnt near the staple of the offense as it once was, and Ginn isnt all that great at much else. I'd bank on Kirkwood or Smith to get more targets
Agreed. I'm hearing more buzz on Smith than Kirkwood. But nobody really seems that draftable outside of Kamara & Thomas in redraft leagues.

Worth noting... Saints are also kicking the tires on Theo Riddick.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I'm hearing more buzz on Smith than Kirkwood. But nobody really seems that draftable outside of Kamara & Thomas in redraft leagues.

Worth noting... Saints are also kicking the tires on Theo Riddick.
what a waste that would be. Glad he left town without an offer. He's in Denver today and the new regime seems to be begging for a reason to kick Booker to the curb.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also let's not forget - the saints really haven't had a consistent 2nd option behind Thomas in the passing game, ever.

2018: Kamara was 2nd leading receiver, no one else cleared 430yds besides him and Thomas
2017: Kamara was 2nd leading receiver, Kamara over 800yds, Ginn cleared 700yds, but then crickets behind them
2016: last season before Kamara joined the team, Cooks, Thomas, and Snead all balled out, no Jimmy Graham, Fleener a very distant 4th option

The team was just so different with Cooks/Snead - stats were spread out WAY more than what they have right now, they were the leading passing team in the league.

Now they are the leading rushing team.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Old Man Ginn stock just went up. Who else do they have? TreQuan Smith? Rishard Matthews?

I think Matthews might get a nice bump up outta this. That was a very bizarre season he had last year, kinda like Donte Moncrief's, only even more bizarre.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Matthews might bet a nice bump up outta this. That was a very bizarre season he had last year, kinda like Donte Moncrief's, only even more bizarre.
Sort of an overlooked commodity in NO. Not getting any hype either which is bizarre. But with the door open for a WR2-5 discussion he has no excuses and should make the team.

Still not worthy of a redraft flier unless something bad happens to Thomas, but someone to remember if he starts making noise in the preseason.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for @TREFF. :D:D:D

Free agent RB Alfred Morris will visit the Saints on Monday.

It's the first we've heard of Morris since his 100-yard performance last Week 17 for the 49ers. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport claims "two other teams" are interested. This is the time of year nearly-exhausted vets like Morris latch on. Seemingly intent on adding a running back, the Saints are hosting Morris two days after Theo Riddick paid a visit. Morris and Riddick are wildly different players, suggesting the Saints are looking for little more than an experienced body.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for @TREFF. :D:D:D

Free agent RB Alfred Morris will visit the Saints on Monday.

It's the first we've heard of Morris since his 100-yard performance last Week 17 for the 49ers. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport claims "two other teams" are interested. This is the time of year nearly-exhausted vets like Morris latch on. Seemingly intent on adding a running back, the Saints are hosting Morris two days after Theo Riddick paid a visit. Morris and Riddick are wildly different players, suggesting the Saints are looking for little more than an experienced body.
Don't they already have Buck Allen?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't they already have Buck Allen?

They do. Not to mention Murray for bangin' it in at the goal line. Maybe just looking for extra training camp bodies? I could see Riddick taking Buck's place...:noidea::noidea::noidea:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do. Not to mention Murray for bangin' it in at the goal line. Maybe just looking for extra training camp bodies? I could see Riddick taking Buck's place...:noidea::noidea::noidea:
Yea I knew Murray was there, who is locked in at RB2. But its baffling me how they are trying so hard to find RB bodies with a room that is already loaded with talent.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f'n Mega Sloth rears his ugly head. What a douche, retire already, you were DONE two years ago.

Given the severe 180 degree difference between Riddick and Alf, its gotta be nothing more than camp bodies/updating the emergency contacts. Both he and Riddick would be utter wastes given what's already on the roster, and likely more expensive too.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep hearing metcalf buzz
Are you searching it out? Quite likely to find it then. Im not much seeing much more than the occasional bone, like %50 of the rest of the league, and half of that is rehashed from the first person to report it, but then again, I'm not trying to find anything on him..wrote him off my draft boards long ago

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep hearing metcalf buzz

All I've heard is the expected preseason chatter involving rookies. Always something on the bright side of course and it counts for nothing, or at least very little. Right now he not listed as a starter and when the season starts I don't expect that to change.
He'll get his chances on a limited basis, and if preforms well things could change eventually. Rookie WRs have to work for it on Seahawks. Was that way for Baldwin, was that way for Lockett and it will be that way for Metcalf.
I know your sorted of hung up on his amazing metrics, but raw skills and you seem to be predicting him to be a bust. I think he will have his uses, raw skills or not, but year one he'll get limited chances unless he simply amazes and I don't expect that. Seahawks will do their best to develop him but that a work in progress.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you searching it out? Quite likely to find it then. Im not much seeing much more than the occasional bone, like %50 of the rest of the league, and half of that is rehashed from the first person to report it, but then again, I'm not trying to find anything on him..wrote him off my draft boards long ago
There is alot on twitter but I take everything right now with a grain of salt. The pads just went on

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case in point:

upload_2019-7-29_16-24-15.png

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to report that the Ben to 'Crief connection is in full swing at the start of camp... Clear cut WR2 right now.

:yahoo:

Day 2:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just saw a plug on twitter by a few, and walter football

All I've heard is the expected preseason chatter involving rookies. Always something on the bright side of course and it counts for nothing, or at least very little. Right now he not listed as a starter and when the season starts I don't expect that to change.
He'll get his chances on a limited basis, and if preforms well things could change eventually. Rookie WRs have to work for it on Seahawks. Was that way for Baldwin, was that way for Lockett and it will be that way for Metcalf.
I know your sorted of hung up on his amazing metrics, but raw skills and you seem to be predicting him to be a bust. I think he will have his uses, raw skills or not, but year one he'll get limited chances unless he simply amazes and I don't expect that. Seahawks will do their best to develop him but that a work in progress.
im not saying he busts, just wasnt the top 10 pick they all made him out to bed, has serious developing to do. If he does, he has monster potential, but i just dont see it right away is all.

yep