• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, the most recent local rumors are an expected split, and they hope, more running and relying on the defense. They say, and I fully believe, they are comfortable with Freeman in pass pro and his receiving skills. From what Ive personally seen of Freeman on college film and last year, I believe it. So I don't think game flow will be the #1 determining factor. Performance will be. With a defensive coach, a Shanny disciple at OC, and Munchak as the O-line/offensive assistant/assistant head coach/whatever...seems like a reasonable, if not entirely probable expectation.

I don't know what to think about either back by themselves, but both should be moderately productive, unless one just takes the reigns. If I own em, not too worried either way, if I don't own em, I'm likely not touching them. In a redraft I'd probably be more apt to take Freeman late as I think it'll be a better return on the investment than Lindsey, who you'd have to take earlier.

BTW, Booker is still on the team, and is still going to be a factor.
im not worried about booker at all. He was there last year, freeman was nicked up, and had 76 combined touches receiving and rushing. I dont see him doing much more than that, and see regression with both backs stepping forward

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not worried about booker at all. He was there last year, freeman was nicked up, and had 76 combined touches receiving and rushing. I dont see him doing much more than that, and see regression with both backs stepping forward
never know..this douche nozzle OC was in SF with Shanny Jr. last season, granted injuries forced it, but their RB situation was out of control (is again this year). And who is he gonna call when he wants advice? The dude who juggling Coleman, McKinnon, Brieda and 12 other dudes

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never know..this douche nozzle OC was in SF with Shanny Jr. last season, granted injuries forced it, but their RB situation was out of control (is again this year). And who is he gonna call when he wants advice? The dude who juggling Coleman, McKinnon, Brieda and 12 other dudes
yeah i mean i agree, but in san fran it was mostly new injury, new back, they just kept digging guys up like u said

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see the workload split this yr.
From the few broncos games I watched last yr, the offense in general just looked better when lindsay was out there.

I'll have to look this up, but I thought there was a game last yr that was close, then Lindsay got banged up in 2nd half, and broncos couldn't move the ball at all rest of game

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see the workload split this yr.
From the few broncos games I watched last yr, the offense in general just looked better when lindsay was out there.

I'll have to look this up, but I thought there was a game last yr that was close, then Lindsay got banged up in 2nd half, and broncos couldn't move the ball at all rest of game
u may be right, its just curious as the YBC, and YAC. Stark contrast

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do I trade him in a 3man keeper?

Can't now?

Not a keeper anymore?
The article is all speculative.
I mean, the rumors about his knee don't sound good, but Gurley doesn't have to be a bellow to be fantasy relevant.
And Rapoport has been wrong before.

"Rapoport reported Monday that it is understood in Los Angeles that Gurley will no longer be the bell-cow back... "The days of Todd Gurley just being the straight-up, every-down bell cow are probably over..."​

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the rumors about his knee don't sound good, but Gurley doesn't have to be a bellow to be fantasy relevant.
"Rapoport reported Monday that it is understood in Los Angeles that Gurley will no longer be the bell-cow back... "The days of Todd Gurley just being the straight-up, every-down bell cow are probably over..."​
I think I've said this before but in case anyone has forgotten, beat-writer have to come up with stories during the offseason. Truth, fiction, and in-between - it's their job. In today's world, if you got nothing, just throw something out there on twitter, or whatever social media you prefer and there will be people who believe - especially if it's negative.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I was deeply considering making a Gurley for Tyreek Hill offer when his shit hit the fan. That's what I thought of Gurley's knee BEFORE any more reports.

But what I'm hearing you say is wait for a pro-knee report and then work the phones.:D

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe it one bit...

You don't committee a RB that good... you run him until you cant run him anymore... if he gets hurt THEN you go to plan B... Just because he is hurting, does not mean he will get hurt... and you don't want to limit yourselves....

We are also talking about RBs, they go bad quick anyway... what good is it to KEEP THEM FRESH???

and most injuries are contact injuries, which means, just because you PLAY LESS, doesn't prevent you from getting those FREAK hits...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've said this before but in case anyone has forgotten, beat-writer have to come up with stories during the offseason. Truth, fiction, and in-between - it's their job. In today's world, if you got nothing, just throw something out there on twitter, or whatever social media you prefer and there will be people who believe - especially if it's negative.
Of course, always a good reminder. There's so much noise out there.

However, my goal is to rid myself of Gurley before the season and get a keeper back. I've known this had to be done since I couldn't use him in MY championship game and the Rams couldn't use him in theirs.

I was hoping there wouldn't be bad news that hurts his value, because I'm only concerned with his perceived value and getting a keeper back. My only other options would be to keep Guice or Jeffery over him.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's already very few bellcows in the NFL. Most all of them split carries to some degree.

Kamara, Ingram, White, heck even the much maligned CJ Anderson did very well with part time work. But look at the offenses they played for too.

I'm with @MilkSpiller22
Even if the Rams scale back his touches, you can bet Gurley will be the RB they trot out when they get to the red zone.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's already very few bellcows in the NFL. Most all of them split carries to some degree.

Kamara, Ingram, White, heck even the much maligned CJ Anderson did very well with part time work. But look at the offenses they played for too.

I'm with @MilkSpiller22
Even if the Rams scale back his touches, you can bet Gurley will be the RB they trot out when they get to the red zone.

Don't forget Montgomery, my new man-crush! That said, even tho I've jilted Jordan Howard, I shall not forget him just yet. :pound::pound::pound:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with @MilkSpiller22
And the year after that?

You guys are making the case to keep him and trade him in September after a big week. That could be a good option.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the year after that?

You guys are making the case to keep him and trade him in September after a big week. That could be a good option.

I was keepin' my mouth shut on this one; trade high now, or as soon as you can. Just my opinion.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was keepin' my mouth shut on this one; trade high now, or as soon as you can. Just my opinion.
Problem is right now doesn't look like selling high after Rapofucks "report."

At a minimum I could trade him for Guice or Jeffery. Would you do that?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is right now doesn't look like selling high after Rapofucks "report."

At a minimum I could trade him for Guice or Jeffery. Would you do that?
Think his value is only going down, just as it said in the tweet. Work a trade sooner then later.