• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Isaiah Crowell suffered a torn Achilles' on Tuesday and will miss the 2019 season.
Crowell suffered the injury in a workout with the team. He had just signed a one-year deal with the Raiders 33 days ago. The 26-year-old battled a multitude of lower-body injuries with the Jets last season. Crowell is unlikely to ever play a down for the Silver and Black. The injury leaves second-rounder Josh Jacobs as a the clear-cut lead dog in the Raiders' backfield, along with Jalen Richard, DeAndre Washington, and Chris Warren. Perhaps the Raiders will turn back to Doug Martin as some insurance.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm REALLY glad I didn't make any impulsive trades after they signed him..glad the rookie RB pick was easy to see coming or I would've

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F'n morons. Dougie should do a one day in TB and go home

Seems the Raiders think even less of Lynch. How the mighty have fallen, huh?

NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports Marshawn Lynch would unretire if the Raiders want him back.
The Raiders lost Isaiah Crowell to a torn Achilles, but filled that spot by re-signing Doug Martin. With Oakland investing a first-round pick in Josh Jacobs, we doubt there's much interest in bringing back Lynch. The Raiders figure to stay in-house with Martin, Jalen Richard, DeAndre Washington, and Chris Warren behind Jacobs.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the Raiders think even less of Lynch. How the mighty have fallen, huh?

NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports Marshawn Lynch would unretire if the Raiders want him back.
The Raiders lost Isaiah Crowell to a torn Achilles, but filled that spot by re-signing Doug Martin. With Oakland investing a first-round pick in Josh Jacobs, we doubt there's much interest in bringing back Lynch. The Raiders figure to stay in-house with Martin, Jalen Richard, DeAndre Washington, and Chris Warren behind Jacobs.
There's no business going back to either one of them.

If they were a legit contender, ok, I see it, sign the old vet RB, trade for the vet douche bag WR, sign the pricey free agents...but they ain't.. Not even close

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no business going back to either one of them.

If they were a legit contender, ok, I see it, sign the old vet RB, trade for the vet douche bag WR, sign the pricey free agents...but they ain't.. Not even close

And this is what I will never understand about football teams. They commit to the rebuild and then they try and go halfway. If you know you're going to suck anyway, what's the point? That's like the Giants signing Beckham to the extension and then letting him go once they realized that there's no chance they have of winning anytime soon and they should get as much for him as they can. And then they go out and sign Golden Tate. Why? What the hell was the point of that signing. There is no chance that Golden Tate is going to make you win more football games or put more fans in the seats, it's just a complete and total waste of money. I feel the same way with Miami and Josh Rosen. That guy is not going to be the future of the franchise, so you basically threw away two picks to put a band aid on something that you already put a band aid on by signing Ryan Fitzpatrick. So we are still the odds on favorite to get the first pick next year and you're going to sit there and tell me that they aren't going to draft Tua with that pick and the exact same thing that happened to Josh Rosen this year is going to happen again next year? Makes no sense. You're either rebuilding or your trying to win. There's no "we only want to half-way suck".

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is what I will never understand about football teams. They commit to the rebuild and then they try and go halfway. If you know you're going to suck anyway, what's the point? That's like the Giants signing Beckham to the extension and then letting him go once they realized that there's no chance they have of winning anytime soon and they should get as much for him as they can. And then they go out and sign Golden Tate. Why? What the hell was the point of that signing. There is no chance that Golden Tate is going to make you win more football games or put more fans in the seats, it's just a complete and total waste of money. I feel the same way with Miami and Josh Rosen. That guy is not going to be the future of the franchise, so you basically threw away two picks to put a band aid on something that you already put a band aid on by signing Ryan Fitzpatrick. So we are still the odds on favorite to get the first pick next year and you're going to sit there and tell me that they aren't going to draft Tua with that pick and the exact same thing that happened to Josh Rosen this year is going to happen again next year? Makes no sense. You're either rebuilding or your trying to win. There's no "we only want to half-way suck".
Amen brother amen...preach on preach on

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a classic rant. :clap:

To borrow from the Raiders, sounds like the catch phrase in today's NFL is "Just make it look like you want to win, baby."

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reference Hill - duhhh, of course he'll be somewhere - but doesn't mean he is allowed to play this yr though. ... if the Chiefs release him, I'd bet on one of the Gruden's taking a shot. ...

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be my Montreal Canadians in a nutshell fn Bargain Bin Gm cant figure that out...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got the word, PHI and NE added more RB's:
49ers signed undrafted RB Austin Walter.
Walter is a 5-foot-8, 202-pounder out of Rice who went undrafted after rushing for 534 yards and four touchdowns. Where Walter wins is as a receiver. In 2018 as a senior, Walter caught 44 receptions for 525 yards.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alert! Drama in the Big Apple!

Stay tuned, more to come!

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports "at least one team" asked Daniel Jones to work out as a tight end at the Combine because they "didn’t think he was good enough to be a NFL starting quarterback."
Even for high-end talents, it is not unheard of for teams to request a workout at a different position, but it is still eyebrow raising for a player who ultimately went No. 6 overall. Neither Jones' tape nor production screamed "consensus first-rounder." The Giants not only disagreed, they were so confident in their evaluation that they took Jones at No. 6 overall instead of gambling that he would fall to No. 17. Someone — either the Giants or Jones' doubters — is going to be looking silly in a few years time.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alert! Drama in the Big Apple!
Stay tuned, more to come!

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports "at least one team" asked Daniel Jones to work out as a tight end at the Combine because they "didn’t think he was good enough to be a NFL starting quarterback."

Even for high-end talents, it is not unheard of for teams to request a workout at a different position, but it is still eyebrow raising for a player who ultimately went No. 6 overall. Neither Jones' tape nor production screamed "consensus first-rounder." The Giants not only disagreed, they were so confident in their evaluation that they took Jones at No. 6 overall instead of gambling that he would fall to No. 17. Someone — either the Giants or Jones' doubters — is going to be looking silly in a few years time.
Well, maybe they drafted him to replace Engram instead of Eli. ... :laugh3: