• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three kind of lies . Lies, damn lies and statistics. Kaep sucks, he really is that bad. It's a fairy tale that teams won't sign him due to bad PR. They do that all the time if they think the player can help them win. Unfortunately all Kaep can do is help them lose. He sucks, never developed from the raw QB from college running the pistol offense. Harbaugh use to script as many plays as his pee brain could handle, that helped in the short run, unfortunately it didn't help him learn to read a defense, which sucked for him long term.

I mean at that point though why even have stats. You can just say anything you want. Peyton was a bad qb. JaMarcus Russell was great. Cuz stats lie.

And I get it stats can be deceptive sometimes so you have to be careful what stats you use and to consider the context. But they don't lie THAT badly especially when the context surrounding kaep is that he had the leagues worst supporting cast.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some are surprising but I believe all the qbs I named were genuinely bad last year.
They weren't good, no doubts. But bring a good QB has so much more to did with things that aren't in the box score than just the ability to make a few plays. Is not Kaeps ability to throw hard or run fast our improv that keeps him down, it's his inability to read defenses, adjust to the right play, or go through progressions that makes him suck. His play in a one read or go makeshift offense last year should be taken with a huge grain of salt

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to chime in on this if I may. I actually see both you guys making great points. I agree that no one wants to have a new system for a back up but I also have to think that there is no way he is not being over looked at the very least a little from the knel down and I also understand why no owner wants to bring that whole political seen to their team. That being said I sure hope Miami signs him now that tannihill out for season

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or cutler
I wish they would quit screwing around and get that man surgery. He clearly should have had it in the offseason

Not to mention put him on the IR so I can have the roster spot

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Trudem - Methinks Rob Demvosky tweeted prematurely.

I hate when that happens! :pound::pound::pound:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSN New England's Mike Giardi reports the Patriots "haven't been shy" about getting Rex Burkhead reps in short-yardage and goal-line situations.

The team already knows Burkhead can handle his own and excel as a pass catcher, but coach Bill Belichick wants more diversity out of his running backs this season, which has led to Burkhead getting reps in goal-line scenarios. He's the one back in New England who has the three-down skill set. While Mike Gillislee remains the favorite for the LeGarrette Blount role, Burkhead shouldn't be written off. As Giardi notes, in free agency, "Burkhead was chased by Belichick and Belichick alone"

I'm telling you guys, be very very wary drafting/trading for Gillisle. For that matter, be very wary of all of them, including Whiteand Lewis. We're talking late late rounds in the draft, or slightly better than a throw in at best in trade talks.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSN New England's Mike Giardi reports the Patriots "haven't been shy" about getting Rex Burkhead reps in short-yardage and goal-line situations.

The team already knows Burkhead can handle his own and excel as a pass catcher, but coach Bill Belichick wants more diversity out of his running backs this season, which has led to Burkhead getting reps in goal-line scenarios. He's the one back in New England who has the three-down skill set. While Mike Gillislee remains the favorite for the LeGarrette Blount role, Burkhead shouldn't be written off. As Giardi notes, in free agency, "Burkhead was chased by Belichick and Belichick alone"

I'm telling you guys, be very very wary drafting/trading for Gillisle. For that matter, be very wary of all of them, including Whiteand Lewis. We're talking late late rounds in the draft, or slightly better than a throw in at best in trade talks.
im happy to trade you Lewis...I know you want him.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very hard to disagree with this; my love for BB (aka The Genius) has been well documented on these boards and for fantasy purposes...ya just cain't trust none of 'em!

I'm still betting that Gillisle will be the Blount-TD Vulture guy and will have some nice value.

Plus, he makes some damn fine razor blades!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't good, no doubts. But bring a good QB has so much more to did with things that aren't in the box score than just the ability to make a few plays. Is not Kaeps ability to throw hard or run fast our improv that keeps him down, it's his inability to read defenses, adjust to the right play, or go through progressions that makes him suck. His play in a one read or go makeshift offense last year should be taken with a huge grain of salt

Yea I dont buy that. Maybe Kaep isnt great at that stuff. But guys like Bortles are AWFUL at it. Bortles cant read a defense or go through progressions. Neither can McCown. Or Savage. Or Hoyer. Or Wentz or Goff (yet at least).

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I dont buy that. Maybe Kaep isnt great at that stuff. But guys like Bortles are AWFUL at it. Bortles cant read a defense or go through progressions. Neither can McCown. Or Savage. Or Hoyer. Or Wentz or Goff (yet at least).
Well, bottom line, if he was better than all those guys in the eyes of coaches and GM's. . no matter what his political stances, he'd have a job by now. Endless circumstances of teams overlooking various character issues to sign someone that they think will help them win

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lord

knows what happens

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are funny! :pound::pound::pound:

After the Gillette guy, gimme White.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After spending Thursday in a walking boot, Sterling Shepard shed the boot on Friday and was seen walking without a limp.

Shepard seems to have escaped Wednesday's scary injury with a mere low sprain. He underwent an MRI and has already been cleared to walk around freely in tennis shoes. Shepard also called reports he was "crying" after suffering the injury "erroneous." "I'll be ready for Week 1, for sure," he said.

SS: "I wasn't crying guys, there was just something in my eyes"

Hahahahaha